Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm about Gronkowski. He's been one of my favorite players the last few years...guy can't catch a break with all these injuries.

vCash
    Cowobys loss to Green Bay yesterday was absolutely sickening. My only saving grace was that I did not get to watch that game; they were showing the Cardinals game here (Cards too blew a big lead but came back to win the game in OT- thank goodness). Even though the defense gave away the game (in both cases actually), the difference was in the head coaches- Garrett (Dallas) vs. Arians (AZ). This is not the first time Jason Garrett has failed to manage the game while the boys were leading; this has been happening consistently over the last 4 years. How much worse do things have to be to get him fired? I have been saying this every year.

vCash
    I hear you Vash, although I'm a Bengals fan. Another team that cant seem to get their sh-t together! Their Sunday night game against the Steelers was misery.

vCash
    Damned Giants won today. While my husband appreciates the effort, he was hoping that they'd lose today and guarantee a top 5 draft pick.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    My Dad is a Giants fan and even he was hoping for the Lions to win, and I was hoping they'd win too, they've been playing well this season.

OTOH, Patriots! Even though I missed the entire game and only snuck the occasional update on my phone at work, sounds like they really brought it and the Ravens really did not. I was surprised by the final score; I don't like the Ravens but they're never a team I would count out and I was not expecting them to be trounced so thoroughly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I was not expecting them to be trounced so thoroughly.
    Neither did anyone here in Baltimore. So now the Ravens need to win next week and hope either Miami or S.D. loses? B/c if it's a 3-way tie, the Ravens lose the tiebreak, but if it's a 2-way tie, the Ravens beat either team? This is confusing, lol. With the way the Ravens have been playing, I wouldn't expect them to go far in the playoffs, but I'd at least like them to make it so that they're not the answer to a trivia question about teams failing to make the playoffs the season after a Super Bowl win. The problem is that they're a much different team than they were last season, between free agent departures and injuries. Flacco is a good QB (when healthy) but there's only so much he can do with rookie receivers and a struggling RB.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    YAY BENGALS!!!!! AFC North Champions!!!!! So excited that I get to wear my Bengals gear when I go to Boston for US Nats!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Neither did anyone here in Baltimore. So now the Ravens need to win next week and hope either Miami or S.D. loses? B/c if it's a 3-way tie, the Ravens lose the tiebreak, but if it's a 2-way tie, the Ravens beat either team? This is confusing, lol. With the way the Ravens have been playing, I wouldn't expect them to go far in the playoffs, but I'd at least like them to make it so that they're not the answer to a trivia question about teams failing to make the playoffs the season after a Super Bowl win. The problem is that they're a much different team than they were last season, between free agent departures and injuries. Flacco is a good QB (when healthy) but there's only so much he can do with rookie receivers and a struggling RB.
    I have quite a few friends from the Baltimore area (went to school 45 minutes away from the city) and they were all just stunned by the game. I felt bad, I don't know if it's just my perception as this is the first season I've really started to pay a lot of attention, but I feel like there are more injuries this year than usual. The Pats have lost a lot of key players because of injuries as well, so I'm surprised that the season has gone as well for them as it has.

Yeah, the explanation about the AFC North had me a bit puzzled earlier, lol.

vCash
    My Steelers are still in it (barely) The quadfecta that needed to happen, did!
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    The Arizona Cardinals pulled off a near miracle yesterday, beating the highly favored Seahawks in Seattle. Sadly they are not going to make the playoffs, even if they win 11 games (right now they are 10-5) this season. However, right now I am very proud of them. Even if they miss the playoffs, this is going to give them a lot of confidence going into the next season. Bruce Arians should win coach of the year (again) for turning this franchise around so quickly, but I doubt that he will.

As far as the Cowboys are concerned, there is nothing to be proud of, after almost losing to the team with just 3 wins. They barely beat Washington 24-23 and will lose to the red hot Philadelphia Eagles next Sunday, putting an end to yet another miserable season. It's tough being a Cowboys fan these days (that's 10 plus years).

vCash
    When the Lions were 6-3, I should have known better than to get excited.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I feel bad for the Lions and their fans. They lost some close games.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    The Lions are a talented team with an awful coach. This Bears fan will be sad when Jim Schwartz is fired, because the Lions may actually start playing smart. This afternoon is the Bears/Packers game and I don't hold out much hope for the Bears. The defense is awful and Aaron Rogers is back. Ugh.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    In a thousand depressions about the Ravens...

Congratulations to the teams who made the playoffs!

(I hope SD can nab the 6th spot. It would be adding insult to injury if the Steelers made it.)

vCash
    Cardinals lost to 49rs. A win would not have gotten them in the playoffs, even with 11-5 record, because Saints won their game. Still, it would have been nice to get to 11-5. The Cardinals FG kicker had to find this time for a slump. He missed two easy field goals.

Tonight my other team Dallas will be eliminated from the playoffs. Romo is out for the season. Even if he was playing, chances are they wouldn't win this game.

The playoffs will still be interesting. I just don't know which team to root for at this point. Definitely not the 49rs. I may adopt the Seahawks (meaning they are doomed )

vCash
    I'm very excited for the playoffs to start. I'm rooting for the Colts and the Bengals for the AFC wildcard. I'm not really partial to anyone in the NFC wildcard. I was hoping the Bears would make it through, but obviously that didn't happen. I'm very happy the Chargers made the playoffs instead of the friggin' Steelers.

vCash
    Eagles!

vCash
    Safe to say the KC kicker is the most hated guy in Western PA tonight. (((Steelers fans)))

And ouch Cowboys. But glad to see the Eagles back in the playoffs!

vCash
    Washington fans have been put out of their Shanahan misery. Of course there will only be a different kind of misery next year.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    Washington fans have been put out of their Shanahan misery. Of course there will only be a different kind of misery next year.
    I think their misery started with Snyder as the owner (do I have the name correct?) and it keeps getting worse. I don't think the Cowboys are in a better position but at least they won some superbowls before the misery began. They do need to get rid of Jason Garrett as headcoach, but they won't. So the misery will continue for at least one more season.

Let the coaches musical chairs begin. Washington, Cleveland, Minnesota have already fired their coaches. Will Detroit be next? Jacksonville? Shanahan is too good a coach to be ignored by other teams. I sure someone will scoop him up. Not sure about the others.
    Last edited by Vash01; 12-30-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast