Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Watching Broncos blow out the Iggles. Nice TD catch, Welker! Man, he and Peyton are pure magic together. Wes looks great in orange, too
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Wondering exactly how many ways my Cowboys can find to lose this season....sigh
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Heart goes out to Adrian Peterson, who lost his two-year-old son today. He was allegedly beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend.

Disgusting!
    Patterson called authorities about 5:45 p.m. Wednesday to a report that a 2-year-old was choking in his Sioux Falls apartment, police spokesman Sam Clemens said. Officers arrived to find that the toddler was unresponsive, and he was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Authorities determined that the child had suffered injuries to his head consistent with abuse, according to Clemens. Police said Patterson, whom they described as the boyfriend of the injured child's mother, was the only other person in the residence at the time.

The suspect -- who was given suspended sentences a year ago for simple domestic assault and violation of a domestic abuse bond, both misdemeanors -- was arrested Thursday night, said Lincoln County, South Dakota, State's Attorney Tom Wollman. A judge set his bail at $750,000 cash during his initial court appearance Friday, according to Clemens.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/adr...leged-assault/
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    for Adrian Peterson, one of my very favorite players in the league. How horrible.

vCash
    Patriots!

Yesterday was a stressful but exciting day for NE/Boston fans!

And a for Peyton! And for the Giants keeping that streak alive.
    Creating drama!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Football is back!

The Patriots never gave up but they didn't have to. That was some of the worst officiating I have EVER seen. Did you see the incomplete pass that the receiver picked up off the ground that was called complete?! There were tons of holding calls missed but none worse than the one on the game winning touchdown. Finally, what about the time out that Brees called that was ignored? It resulted in an interception. There are tons of others. I don't really care about the NFL but is that the norm?! I can't get into NFL games if the home team (or certain teams?) are favored like that.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Tom Brady is a friggin' badass. Awesome last throw! He is doing a lot with not the best receiving crew this season.

vCash
    Sad to hear Sam Bradford (St.Louis Rams) is out for the season with an ACL tear. The Rams tried to recruit Brett Bavre, but at age 44 Brett is enjoying his time with his family and he declined. He said he is not in football shape anymore (although in good shape otherwise).

vCash
    Was very impressed with Andrew Luck's performance v. Broncos. He looks like the best of the young QB group so far, although the praise from some of the analysts seems a bit hyperbolic considering this is just his second season.

vCash
    LOVE my Pats!! Clearly a lot of rookies on the roster, but they're shaping up nicely...slowly, but nicely.

So happy Gronkowski is bad, but I still miss Welker. :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Was very impressed with Andrew Luck's performance v. Broncos. He looks like the best of the young QB group so far, although the praise from some of the analysts seems a bit hyperbolic considering this is just his second season.
    Andrew Luck is the absolute real deal superstar QB. In 1 1/2 seasons he has engineered 10 come from behind wins in the 4th quarter or OT. That's like around 40% of his games already. Expect Super Bowl victories once his teammates catch up to him...

vCash
    Watching the Patriots vs Carolina game... I want to say Terry Gannon is one of the commentators but I'mnot sure and it's distracting me lol.

ETA: Whether or not Gronkowski could have made it to the ball in the end zone, he was clearly held. That was totally pass inteference. Brady threw it short, and the Pats lost the game earlier on anyway, but you don't throw down the flag only to be like "Oh, nevermind," a few seconds later. It's Gronk- I wouldn't bet money on him somehow making that catch, but I also wouldn't against the chance that he could.

Panthers outplayed the Patriots, who still made it a close game. They just didn't come together enough. But that last call ruined a good game for me.
    Last edited by lmarie086; 11-19-2013 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    Not a Pats fan but I thought they got hosed. Gronk should have pressed charges for the mugging he took.

But I think there's an unspoken rule that officials don't like to call a defensive foul at the end of a game, especially PI, which is kind of a windfall penalty anyway - would have put the ball on the one yard line and given Brady a free shot in the endzone (where he is as deadly as ever). But I think that is why the Ravens got away with PI at the end of Super Bowl 47, and the 49ers got away with PI at the end of the NFC championship game - a reluctance to call such a game-changing penalty at the end of a game.

vCash
    Brady vs. Manning, a rivalry for the ages. What a crazy game!

vCash
    I love Peyton, but he's never been very good in the cold.

For a team that isn't playing very well this season, the Patriots are doing pretty well.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Fantastic game on MNF last night. Two legendary QBs battling against each other. Appropriately the game went into OT. If not for that mistake by the Broncos on the punt return, this might have ended a Tie. I am very impressed with the Pats for not giving up after being down 24-0 at the half.

Earlier in the day, the Cardinals blew away the Colts with a 40-11 win. Great job, Cards!

vCash
    Don't think the Pats needed that penalty to get the win, but I think they would have won anyway amd I'm glad they did. But now I get to hear all about how babied they are by the refs

vCash
    Wow, the 4th quarter of the Ravens/Vikings game was insane! Happy the Ravens came out on top, but nearly had a heart attack in the last minute. Too bad there were so many injuries and strange falls during the game b/c of the snow. Apparently, it was the first game since the Ravens have played at the current stadium (16 years) that it has snowed during a game. Hopefully, it will be at least another 16 years.

vCash
    The Cowboys frustrated me once again, losing big to Chicago last night. How much worse do they have to be to get Jason Garrett fired? IMO he is a horrible coach but Jones absolutely loves him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    The Cowboys frustrated me once again, losing big to Chicago last night. How much worse do they have to be to get Jason Garrett fired? IMO he is a horrible coach but Jones absolutely loves him.
    Jones knows the issue with the Cowboys isn't Garrett's offense, but Marv Kiffin's defense...the absolute worst in the NFL. Garrett's getting a pass because everyone is blaming Kiffin.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast