Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    [QUOTE=sequins;4130459]Didn't see the match but so happy for Stan and for Li Na yesterday. They both seem like really nice people and I'm thrilled for them.

Wawrinka is not a "really nice person". Go look at some of the news articles from about two years ago -- the jerk divorced his wife & walked out on his infant baby because they were "holding back his tennis career". And that's the reason he gave, not someone else.

On the other hand, Li Na is a true gem!

vCash
    [QUOTE=sequins;4130459]Didn't see the match but so happy for Stan and for Li Na yesterday. They both seem like really nice people and I'm thrilled for them.

Wawrinka is not a "really nice person". Go look at some of the news articles from about two years ago -- the jerk divorced his wife & walked out on his infant baby because they were "holding back his tennis career". And that's the reason he gave, not someone else.

Last edited by mac; 01-27-2014 at 02:21 AM. Reason: double post

vCash
    [QUOTE=mac;4130988]
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Didn't see the match but so happy for Stan and for Li Na yesterday. They both seem like really nice people and I'm thrilled for them.

Wawrinka and his wife have long since reconciled.

vCash
    He thanked his wife and child in his trophy acceptance speech.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Li Na. What a fun thing to see her speak after the match. you make me rich!! Love it. Breath of fresh air.
    Did she really say that? "You make me rich"? As in monetary terms? If so, I think that's a pretty naff thing to say. If, however, she meant, "You give me rich experiences", then it's a great thing to say.

Well done to Stan.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Did she really say that? "You make me rich"? As in monetary terms? If so, I think that's a pretty naff thing to say. If, however, she meant, "You give me rich experiences", then it's a great thing to say.

Well done to Stan.
    I think it's refreshing - and he could only make her rich if she produces the goods on the tennis court - which she does. I hope her 2014 makes her even richer

vCash
    Li Na is a hoot, and is very well liked by fans and fellow competitors. I would say she has the most unrehearsed, totally random speeches, esp about her husband, Dennis...all in good fun. Here's more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-uVsj2pJDo

vCash
    In context, the comment was very funny. It was in reference to her agent, whose job is to make her rich, and the humor is hard to explain but definitely there.

Hope Nadal's back feels better soon and no other body part acts up on him. Federer had to be thinking as he watched that, Why couldn't his back go out one round earlier? Why?!

Really looking forward to the rest of this year in tennis!

vCash
    Fed Cup World Group results

Italy beat U.S. 3- 1
    Germany beat Slovakia 3- 1
    Australia beat Russia 4- 0

Spain and Czech Republic tied (2-2) and currently playing 5th and deciding rubber (doubles)

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I might need to sneak a peak at the Doha final between Halep () and Kerber during the short dance today. Am still in sheer disbelief we have a legit top 10 Romanian player.

Eta: never mind. Late 2013 Simona is back and she already beat Kerber 62 63. No tennis for me
    Last edited by ioana; 02-16-2014 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    Venus wins Dubai!! Only her 2nd title in 4 years!! So happy for her!!

vCash
    That's awesome. Way to go, Venus!

vCash
    WooWoo!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Some interesting developments from Indian Wells:

- Simona Halep will enter the top 5 even if she doesn't win her semi-final against Aga Radwanska

- Roger Federer has a chance to jump from #8 to #4 with a win
    - Novak Djokovic will cut the ranking points gap between himself and Rafa Nadal with a win

vCash
    Congrats to Flavia for win at Indian Wells. She's overcome so much and she's one of favorite tennis players ever( along with Francesca Schiavone). Aga was injured but as is most of the top 5 women's players.

I doubt Aga will play in Miami with the injury and Vika last week pulled out of Miami with her foot injury. A foot injury we found out after the tourney she suffered before the tourney. Vika was in an injury boot for about 3 weeks. She did not look healthy and well in her match last week against Lauren Davis.

I think Serena is still nursing her back injury and Maria is recovering from an injury.

Huge opportunity for some women's players like Sloan, Sara Errani, JJ, Halep, and Na to get some serious points leading into the French. Vika and Maria not being able to defend points is going to hurt them in the rankings.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Miami winners: Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic

This week:

Davis Cup World Group quarterfinals (CZE/JPN, GER/FRA, GBR/ITA, SUI/KAZ)
    WTA: Charleston, Monterrey

vCash
    Supposedly Mirka is pregnant again

vCash
    Yep, there'll be a third Fed baby soon. I've seen her described as "heavily pregnant," so the blessed event may be soon.

No idea how Federer managed to lose to Nishikori, although Kei did play well and keep fighting. Djokovic really has Nadal's number.

Edited to add: According to International Business Times, it's twins again (!), and Mirka is due in July. http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54284...-pregnancy.htm
    Last edited by Rottie; 04-01-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Add Mirka update

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Ivan Lendl and Andy Murray are going their separate ways. Apparently Ivan wants to spend much more time on the lucrative Seniors Tour (if that's the right name for it). It must be unsettling for Murray coming only a few weeks before the French Open - not that he was ever likely to win that - and Wimbledon. He says he will announce the name of his new coach in the next few days.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Ivan Lendl and Andy Murray are going their separate ways. Apparently Ivan wants to spend much more time on the lucrative Seniors Tour (if that's the right name for it). It must be unsettling for Murray coming only a few weeks before the French Open - not that he was ever likely to win that - and Wimbledon. He says he will announce the name of his new coach in the next few days.
    Speaking of, how is Lendl's daughters doing on the golf circuit? I know Petr Korda's daughter Jessica is doing quite well and won a tournament earlier this year.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast