Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 338
  1. #121
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,839
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22627
    ita julianne was a good judge. i'd like to see julianne and len judge w/o the other 2.

    i loved having rhoda on this season. i'm glad she is leaving before they start 2 dances a week.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    441
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I really got mistyeyed at Tristan's comments about partnering Valerie. I thought Julianne was a good judge she gave strong constructive criticism. My pet peeve about tonight's show was the fact all three judges gave the exact same score to every couple. After the first judge showed their score the other two followed with the same score. No originality.
    Agree! Agree! Sameness of scores was really blandifying (new word). Julianne was a good judge in terms of content but she really did deteriorate into Valley girl speak near the end. Every other word was "like". And before somebody jumps up and calls me Grandma, yes, I know it dates me but language is special and I admire those who can use it well.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,736
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    3802
    Can the producers pretty please give Tristan a ringer next season! Or at least someone who is under the age of 40 so he can be on the show longer!! No offense to Valerie, Nancy, Pamela, Gladys, but come on! He has been on five seasons now! He deserves a younger partner. That new guy got Snooki who, like her or not, can dance well and will likely be in the Top 4 (and has a big enough fan base to maybe win). Tristan has put in his time. He deserves a bigger shot at the title!


  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    441
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Can the producers pretty please give Tristan a ringer next season! Or at least someone who is under the age of 40 so he can be on the show longer!! No offense to Valerie, Nancy, Pamela, Gladys, but come on! He has been on five seasons now! He deserves a younger partner. That new guy got Snooki who, like her or not, can dance well and will likely be in the Top 4 (and has a big enough fan base to maybe win). Tristan has put in his time. He deserves a bigger shot at the title!

    Totally agree! The same thing happened to Karina in the beginning. I think her worst partner was the hip hop guy who refused to wear dance shoes and was quite rude to her.

  5. #125
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,839
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22627
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Totally agree! The same thing happened to Karina in the beginning. I think her worst partner was the hip hop guy who refused to wear dance shoes and was quite rude to her.
    do you mean master p? his partner was ashly
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  6. #126
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,988
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    do you mean master p? his partner was ashly
    Karina's worst partners were Billy Ray Cyrus and probably Steve Wozniak. I think. She's had good partners overall.

    Tony and Jonathan had the older lady partners most of the time before Tristan filled the role.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    441
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    do you mean master p? his partner was ashly
    I think you're right. My memory is off here. I do remember cringing for her. He kept on talking about how he was doing it for the brothers in the hood until Tom cut him off. The only one worse was Kate Gosselin dragging poor Tony down. And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!

  8. #128
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,345
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2366
    Tristan is the New Tony--hand him the elderly, ailing, and space cases, apparently.

  9. #129
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,228
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19676
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I think you're right. My memory is off here. I do remember cringing for her. He kept on talking about how he was doing it for the brothers in the hood until Tom cut him off. The only one worse was Kate Gosselin dragging poor Tony down. And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!
    I didn't feel sorry for her at all. She pouted and threw him under the bus before there was a list of people wanting be on the show and while the show was grasping for demographics. He came in as a last minute sub for his son, who was reported injured and danced very well on a later season, and he could/would only practice very few hours a week. Instead of saying, "Hey, he was great to sub in at the last minute, but didn't and still doesn't have the time to put in, and this is what you can do in six hours a week [or whatever ridiculously low number it was that the producers should never have allowed unless they gave him a seasoned pro]" her attitude was "poor me."

    If Karina had done that, Louis van Amstel would have slapped her across the head and told her to be professional.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,026
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!
    The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her. She was actually kicked off before Master P, which speaks volumes.

  11. #131
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,839
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22627
    master p and ashly reminded me of that part in frankenstein where he hurls the little girl in the lake
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  12. #132
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,988
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her. She was actually kicked off before Master P, which speaks volumes.
    Yes she was, because she was in Season 1 and Master P was in Season 2.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,026
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    master p and ashly reminded me of that part in frankenstein where he hurls the little girl in the lake
    Yes, he did have a rather Herman Munster quality about him. I recall he said he planned to give it "150 percent." Guess that did not happen.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,763
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her.
    Louis was really butch during season 1. When Len criticized one of Trista & Louis's dances for not having any sexual chemistry, Louis looked at Trista and openly declared, "For the record, I felt the heat between us." Unless Trista assumed that Louis was gay because he was a dancer, or Louis was openly lusting after her husband, I doubt that Trista knew that he was gay back then.

  15. #135
    recovering Oly-holic
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the frozen, snowy north
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2042
    Best comment of the night: Julianne saying 'I used to dance with Mark and you have to stand in front of him to be seen'. And then the look on Mark's face .. he was not pleased.

  16. #136
    waiting for Spring :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores Apr-June :)
    Posts
    9,122
    vCash
    334
    Rep Power
    12882
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I really got mistyeyed at Tristan's comments about partnering Valerie. I thought Julianne was a good judge she gave strong constructive criticism. My pet peeve about tonight's show was the fact all three judges gave the exact same score to every couple. After the first judge showed their score the other two followed with the same score. No originality.
    Well I guessed the exact same scores - it seemed pretty obvious to me.. if they were really, really good they got 9's.. quite good 8's etc., they do submit their scores prior to them being announced - so the paddle is a few minutes later so not like they can change their score?? I agree about Julianne - I thought she was good too.. part of me is glad that Valerie has gone because it seemed like such an effort for her to do the dances - better that she is sitting in the audience enjoying the 'party' with everyone.. Looks like Bill Nye was also enjoying the evening as an observer too
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

    "Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

  17. #137

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,736
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Best comment of the night: Julianne saying 'I used to dance with Mark and you have to stand in front of him to be seen'. And then the look on Mark's face .. he was not pleased.
    I rewatched the show so my mom could see it, and I was going to come here and post that exact same thing, and here you done already said it!

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,026
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yes she was, because she was in Season 1 and Master P was in Season 2.
    Correct, she was the first contestant ever sent home in the series. In Season 2, Master P somehow managed to survive until the fourth elimination.

  19. #139

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Partying with Oda
    Posts
    4,138
    vCash
    699
    Rep Power
    17995
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    In Season 2, Master P somehow managed to survive until the fourth elimination.
    And he may be the worst dancer they've ever had!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

  20. #140
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,988
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    And he may be the worst dancer they've ever had!
    He didn't work very hard, but I think Kenny Mayne was far worse. I think I would have eliminated him second to Kenny Mayne.

    I also found Monica Seles, Macy Gray, Kate Gosselin and a few others far more painful to watch than Master P.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •