Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ita julianne was a good judge. i'd like to see julianne and len judge w/o the other 2.

i loved having rhoda on this season. i'm glad she is leaving before they start 2 dances a week.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I really got mistyeyed at Tristan's comments about partnering Valerie. I thought Julianne was a good judge she gave strong constructive criticism. My pet peeve about tonight's show was the fact all three judges gave the exact same score to every couple. After the first judge showed their score the other two followed with the same score. No originality.
    Agree! Agree! Sameness of scores was really blandifying (new word). Julianne was a good judge in terms of content but she really did deteriorate into Valley girl speak near the end. Every other word was "like". And before somebody jumps up and calls me Grandma, yes, I know it dates me but language is special and I admire those who can use it well.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Can the producers pretty please give Tristan a ringer next season! Or at least someone who is under the age of 40 so he can be on the show longer!! No offense to Valerie, Nancy, Pamela, Gladys, but come on! He has been on five seasons now! He deserves a younger partner. That new guy got Snooki who, like her or not, can dance well and will likely be in the Top 4 (and has a big enough fan base to maybe win). Tristan has put in his time. He deserves a bigger shot at the title!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Can the producers pretty please give Tristan a ringer next season! Or at least someone who is under the age of 40 so he can be on the show longer!! No offense to Valerie, Nancy, Pamela, Gladys, but come on! He has been on five seasons now! He deserves a younger partner. That new guy got Snooki who, like her or not, can dance well and will likely be in the Top 4 (and has a big enough fan base to maybe win). Tristan has put in his time. He deserves a bigger shot at the title!

Totally agree! The same thing happened to Karina in the beginning. I think her worst partner was the hip hop guy who refused to wear dance shoes and was quite rude to her.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Totally agree! The same thing happened to Karina in the beginning. I think her worst partner was the hip hop guy who refused to wear dance shoes and was quite rude to her.
    do you mean master p? his partner was ashly
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Karina's worst partners were Billy Ray Cyrus and probably Steve Wozniak. I think. She's had good partners overall.

Tony and Jonathan had the older lady partners most of the time before Tristan filled the role.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think you're right. My memory is off here. I do remember cringing for her. He kept on talking about how he was doing it for the brothers in the hood until Tom cut him off. The only one worse was Kate Gosselin dragging poor Tony down. And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Tristan is the New Tony--hand him the elderly, ailing, and space cases, apparently.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think you're right. My memory is off here. I do remember cringing for her. He kept on talking about how he was doing it for the brothers in the hood until Tom cut him off. The only one worse was Kate Gosselin dragging poor Tony down. And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!
    I didn't feel sorry for her at all. She pouted and threw him under the bus before there was a list of people wanting be on the show and while the show was grasping for demographics. He came in as a last minute sub for his son, who was reported injured and danced very well on a later season, and he could/would only practice very few hours a week. Instead of saying, "Hey, he was great to sub in at the last minute, but didn't and still doesn't have the time to put in, and this is what you can do in six hours a week [or whatever ridiculously low number it was that the producers should never have allowed unless they gave him a seasoned pro]" her attitude was "poor me."

If Karina had done that, Louis van Amstel would have slapped her across the head and told her to be professional.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!
    The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her. She was actually kicked off before Master P, which speaks volumes.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    master p and ashly reminded me of that part in frankenstein where he hurls the little girl in the lake

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her. She was actually kicked off before Master P, which speaks volumes.
    Yes she was, because she was in Season 1 and Master P was in Season 2.

vCash
    master p and ashly reminded me of that part in frankenstein where he hurls the little girl in the lake
    Yes, he did have a rather Herman Munster quality about him. I recall he said he planned to give it "150 percent." Guess that did not happen.

vCash
    The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her.
    Louis was really butch during season 1. When Len criticized one of Trista & Louis's dances for not having any sexual chemistry, Louis looked at Trista and openly declared, "For the record, I felt the heat between us." Unless Trista assumed that Louis was gay because he was a dancer, or Louis was openly lusting after her husband, I doubt that Trista knew that he was gay back then.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Best comment of the night: Julianne saying 'I used to dance with Mark and you have to stand in front of him to be seen'. And then the look on Mark's face .. he was not pleased.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I really got mistyeyed at Tristan's comments about partnering Valerie. I thought Julianne was a good judge she gave strong constructive criticism. My pet peeve about tonight's show was the fact all three judges gave the exact same score to every couple. After the first judge showed their score the other two followed with the same score. No originality.
    Well I guessed the exact same scores - it seemed pretty obvious to me.. if they were really, really good they got 9's.. quite good 8's etc., they do submit their scores prior to them being announced - so the paddle is a few minutes later so not like they can change their score?? I agree about Julianne - I thought she was good too.. part of me is glad that Valerie has gone because it seemed like such an effort for her to do the dances - better that she is sitting in the audience enjoying the 'party' with everyone.. Looks like Bill Nye was also enjoying the evening as an observer too
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Best comment of the night: Julianne saying 'I used to dance with Mark and you have to stand in front of him to be seen'. And then the look on Mark's face .. he was not pleased.
    I rewatched the show so my mom could see it, and I was going to come here and post that exact same thing, and here you done already said it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yes she was, because she was in Season 1 and Master P was in Season 2.
    Correct, she was the first contestant ever sent home in the series. In Season 2, Master P somehow managed to survive until the fourth elimination.

vCash
    In Season 2, Master P somehow managed to survive until the fourth elimination.
    And he may be the worst dancer they've ever had!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    And he may be the worst dancer they've ever had!
    He didn't work very hard, but I think Kenny Mayne was far worse. I think I would have eliminated him second to Kenny Mayne.

I also found Monica Seles, Macy Gray, Kate Gosselin and a few others far more painful to watch than Master P.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast