Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i need bill nye to stick around to dance to she blinded me with science
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Missing Gleb. Anyone know why he is not on?
    Gleb is in the troupe. He danced in the opening. As the couples get eliminated, I'm sure the troupe, which is now Henry, Gleb, Lindsay and Witney, will be featured more.

vCash
    Well something I learned tonight - my 9 year old knows who Bill Nye is - apparently they show his videos at school which is great to know he is still relevant. She was surprised though how old he looked as she thought the videos were current.

Jack Osborne surprised me with how musical he is - I guess it really does run in the family.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I was really surprised by how good it was - so many ringers/people with dance experience. So surprised by Snicole and Jack.

Not sure why they replaced Lindsay with Tyne Stecklein- is Tyne a ballroom dancer? I thought she was more contemporary/jazz.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i need bill nye to stick around to dance to she blinded me with science
    Yes. Or "Weird Science."
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Yes. Or "Weird Science."
    That was what he danced to last night, so perhaps the DWTS PTB thought he likely would leave the show in early weeks.

I was surprised that "Snicole" (thanks Rob) was a pretty good dancer -- and also pleasantly surprised by Jack Osborne. I thought Amber would dance pretty well, but even she exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed the entire show last night -- there was minimal time for Brooke's inanities, but it was a bit disorienting for me to see the judges all looking to the left (their right) when giving their comments after years of seeing them facing the opposite direction.
    Last edited by skatingfan5; 09-17-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I thought Bill E. was trying to use his feet properly, unlike most of the men, and the judges didn't mention it at all. The number of trained dancers surprised me, but it made for a great opener. I don't love Elizabeth, but PML about the segment where Val told her he had a crush on the other "Saved by the Bell" character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not sure why they replaced Lindsay with Tyne Stecklein- is Tyne a ballroom dancer? I thought she was more contemporary/jazz.
    I don't know her dancing, but it looks like they are going more in that direction officially, instead of allowing the allegedly ballroom routines be full of other genres.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I thought Bill E. was trying to use his feet properly, unlike most of the men, and the judges didn't mention it at all.
    Yes, I thought he deserved more credit than he got. Not sure why we have both Bill Nye and Bill Engvall in the slot of "old guy who you wouldn't expect to see dancing." Would like to see Bill E. stay and dance to some country music, as this show usually does a good job with that genre, e.g. Cheryl and Drew dancing to Big and Rich.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ita, i thought some of the men were quite overrated like the athlete. jack osborne moved like baby huey. better than i expected? maybe. but not actually good.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    That was what he danced to last night, so perhaps the DWTS PTB thought he likely would leave the show in early weeks.

I was surprised that "Snicole" (thanks Rob) was a pretty good dancer -- and also pleasantly surprised by Jack Osborne. I thought Amber would dance pretty well, but even she exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed the entire show last night -- there was minimal time for Brooke's inanities, but it was a bit disorienting for me to see the judges all looking to the left (their right) when giving their comments after years of seeing them facing the opposite direction.
    Whoops, guess I should have watched!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I (heart) Bill Nye, and I think his partner is a terrible match. Her being so OTT made him look worse than he actually was, and I fear he is doomed

Anyone who thinks Bill Nye can't move his hips needs to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e6h4zLC5U8
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    ita, i thought some of the men were quite overrated like the athlete.
    Key Lime-whatever was a lumbering pile of mess.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I wish this season had a few more athletes, they tend to be my faves, especially the Olympic athletes.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Just watched the episode (WOOHOO for now having a DVR! ) and enjoyed most of the couples. Brant and Leah might have gotten a raw deal going at the beginning because there were a lot of memorable people that followed them. I don't know if I have a favorite dance from the night, but ones that stuck out included Corbin, Elizabeth, Valerie, and Jack. Nicole won points during her first quick interview in that she'd prefer to not be called "Snooki" and how she's attempting to not live the life of a trainwreck anymore, so props to her. She danced very well also. For the life of me I can't remember the woman from Glee who is atop the leaderboard.. oops. Bill Nye was fun, I imagine he is going to stick around, he has almost everybody voting for him who was in grade school when (or after) his show was being broadcast. I had friends on Facebook that I had no idea watched DWTS talking about him last night.

Worst performance of the night? The band's "performance" of Treasure. Poor Bruno Mars. Oyy.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Keyshawn is not following in the dancing footsteps of the successful NFL contestants. He's more of a Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I thought Corbin should have gotten 9s. If he danced that in a later week he probably would have gotten at least 1 ten. I thought he was the best of the night. though Amber was pretty damn good.

When I was watching Tristan tonight I realized that he completely reminds me of Johnny in Dirty Dancing. Toning it down to always have to dance with the older ladies, pretending to be so pleased with it. You just know he's got the bad boy life going on outside of work and really wants some hot young thing to be his partner.

Valerie was better than I expected, but though we know about her situation, I don't want to constantly hear about it. I want to watch them dance! Though I did love her attitude. And Jack's too. So sweet to see his parents there, crying.

Also, huge props to Corbin for admitting that he thinks he has a bit of an advantage. Most would say 'no', no matter what. Snicole was a pleasant surprise. She had me laughing in her clip package.

Now, let's just have Elizabeth do her quickstep (whenever she has it) to I'm So Excited, and everything will be perfect.

vCash
    I thought the scoring was definitely off, I guess due to the order they danced in. I'm sure it will sort itself out now that everyone has shown their stuff. Looks like it will be a good, entertaining season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Gleb is in the troupe. He danced in the opening. As the couples get eliminated, I'm sure the troupe, which is now Henry, Gleb, Lindsay and Witney, will be featured more.
    You know, I thought I saw a glimpse of Gleb in the background. I wasn't paying close attention and thought maybe he was there for some big group production number, but then didn't see him again. I wonder why he had to go to the troupe and they brought up the other guy.

Bill N. did not seem too happy with his results. There is a blind item out there that originally some former reality guy was supposed to be on the show but then got replaced. I wonder if Bill Nye was that person, which would mean maybe he got less practice in? That could all be untrue, especially since they didn't do the usual commenting about how the new celeb jumped in at the last minute and started rehearsing.

I just saw something on TV saying ratings were up 25% this season.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Bill N. is a competitive guy, and Len and Bruno pretty much ripped him a new one. (That could be tactical, to see if his supporters come out in defiance and what their strength is.) I wish they had given him a tall partner, though. If he keeps leaning over her, he'll never get the correct posture or frame.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Bill N. is a competitive guy, and Len and Bruno pretty much ripped him a new one. (That could be tactical, to see if his supporters come out in defiance and what their strength is.) I wish they had given him a tall partner, though. If he keeps leaning over her, he'll never get the correct posture or frame.
    ITA. And the black suspenders on his white shirt just made the leaning more obvious.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast