Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Bill Nye is in his late 50's, but if he holds up physically, I think he'll surprise a lot of people. He was at least into his 40's an excellent cyclist -- and may still be -- and in Seattle, that means uphill in both directions.

He'd always wanted to go on a space mission, and although he was on a PBS special about space flights, I think NASA lost a huge opportunity by having John Glenn be their token big name. He could have gotten so many kids interested in science if they had sent him.

He's by far my favorite going in.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Bill Nye is in his late 50's, but if he holds up physically, I think he'll surprise a lot of people. He was at least into his 40's an excellent cyclist -- and may still be -- and in Seattle, that means uphill in both directions.

He'd always wanted to go on a space mission, and although he was on a PBS special about space flights, I think NASA lost a huge opportunity by having John Glenn be their token big name. He could have gotten so many kids interested in science if they had sent him.

He's by far my favorite going in.
    My son is really excited about Bill Nye being on the show- BN was his hero when he was a kid, as he was to a whole generation of geeky kids now in their 20s. I hope he stays on the show for a while.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's easy to forget that his "Science Guy" viewers included many parents of the boomer generation who grew up on the space race and were fascinated by him, too. That was beyond the local adult demographic that knew the character locally in Seattle from his appearances on the local SNL-like "Almost Live."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Corbin- shirtless-hum I watched his skipping movie just for those scenes and the boy can move and for a skating twist he is Elladj Balde's lost twin

vCash
    The new season begins in a half an hour! (EST)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    how poor is abc that they had to close the lounge? with all the contestants clustered around tom on benches, it looks like the mickey mouse club with old people
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I agree the 'anti' lounge concept sucks
    Last edited by mrr50; 09-17-2013 at 02:17 AM.

vCash
    Beauty and the Geek.......love it!

vCash
    Usually the football player is pretty good, not this one

vCash
    Missing Gleb. Anyone know why he is not on?
    I am enjoying not having to watch all that running up the stairs.

In the past I'd occasionally see they would rerun an ep on a Saturday or maybe it was a Sunday. I suppose if enough want more shows, they could do a taped recap and maybe some not shown footage or whatever in whatever timeslot it was they were filling with the rerun. It may also help to take a second to state a few bits of technique that the judges will be watching for in the categories for that particular show.

Am I the only one having a little trouble hearing some of the speaking? It could just be me, but I wonder if they don't have the sound production just right to pick up some of the dialogue if the person is not being loud.
    Last edited by smileyskate; 09-17-2013 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Loved Elizabeth and Val (yes, Showgirl can DANCE!) and Bill and his partner were much fun. They are getting most of my votes. Can't wait to see Valerie.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I presume they got rid of the lounge to save time now that they have only one night for competition and results. This way they save time with no running up to the lounge, and with Brooke interviewing them right after the dance. I'd prefer they just cut down on Bruno's antics.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i wouldnt mind if they cut brooke along with tuesdays. anything tom doesnt say doesnt need to be said.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    WOW Jennifer Lopez in the audience!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I thought that looked like Jennifer Lopez, but I couldn't figure out what she'd be doing there. And are they really going to follow Valerie Harper with Snookie?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I didn't get all the numbers, but for those just wanting to call in a vote for Valerie Harper it is : 1 800 868 3410.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Well I must admit this is the first time I have watched the first show all the way through without flicking about to other shows I really enjoyed all of the dancers.. obviously Valerie Harper made me cry, she looks fantastic for her age.. I was pleasantly surprised by Snookie and Jack Osborne.. loved Leah and Corbin is a good dancer - Amber was the best dancer.. I will enjoy watching this show.. poor Bill Nye I hope he has a nice experience - my daughter the scientist received a scholarship from his publication when she was in middle school and bought her gecko (who is still going strong).. overall a great show!!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I thought that looked like Jennifer Lopez, but I couldn't figure out what she'd be doing there.
    she's there with leah

vCash
    No one is as surprised as I am but.....I enjoyed Snooki!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i wouldnt mind if they cut brooke along with tuesdays. anything tom doesnt say doesnt need to be said.
    Yes, yes, yes!
    Aside from that, I was really surprised at the caliber of the dancers! I didn't know many of the names and wasn't really drawn in beforehand but I really enjoyed it. Snooki I never expected to be good. Amber could really move. Bill Nye was fun; hope he sticks around long enough to do jive as he likes it. I enjoyed the comedian and hope he's there for a while. I was expecting the Valerie Harper situation to be cringingly tacky but it wasn't. Loved the opening number.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast