Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Just catching up on this via DVR. OMG, the cojones needed by these singers to sing Cher songs in front of Cher!! Can't decide whether to or !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post

As for the dance off, I disagreed with every single judge's decision, as well as the 10 for Derek
    Me too. I think they were judging on past performance and reputation. (Hmmm, sounds familiar...) I also thought there was bias in the dance-off a couple weeks ago. The judges had an annointed order and they stuck with it. Of course, what I saw on TV might have looked different on person. (Hmmm, sounds familiar... )

Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Just catching up on this via DVR. OMG, the cojones needed by these singers to sing Cher songs in front of Cher!! Can't decide whether to or !
    I totally agree. Some of the song-stylings were cringe-worthy. Cher's black costume with the feathered wig was horrible and sad. Like if Bob Macke reworked her scary, sexy Oscars (?) dress from the 80's to be a Martian funeral outfit. For a sixty-seven year old.

vCash
    Is JLo friends with Leah, maybe that is where her fan base is coming from. I sort of think Bill is ready to go. I can't put my finger on the Elizabeth or Amber thing. They are good, but.................I'm not feeling it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I kept thinking how did the producers decide which couples got the band singers singing Cher and who got the actual Cher music? Now there's a conspiracy theory for you.

vCash
    I'm watching this year, but I think the program is wearing very thin.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm sure some people are remembering that every vote for Leah is a vote against Scientology and its freakshow (as she bailed on the "church.")

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    I'm watching this year, but I think the program is wearing very thin.
    it is hard to predict who will end up being really likable or really not likable. this season, they run the gamut from ok to meh. that doesnt make for compelling tv.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    (and FTR, my eyesight is just fine ). I find him really appealing because he is, for me at least, what the premise of this show embodies, or at least is supposed to. Bill has no dance experience whatsoever, yet he is working his ass off and is improving as the show progresses (in spite of the crap music choices he and Emma keep getting foisted on them). .
    I get and agree that Bill is charming, but the show is called Dancing with the Stars, and Bill is by far the worst dancer left on the show. He dances kind of like the drunk uncle at a wedding. That's not a bad thing in general, but it's not enough for him to deserve to be on a dancing competition show past people like Brant and especially Snooki and Christina, who actually can dance well.

I agree with those who think there's just something missing from Amber and Elizabeth. I agree that if Amber were with a different partner, she wouldn't be getting the scores she does. She's good, but her actual dancing isn't that amazing, it's her ability to sell it. I think that if she gets those scores, then Corbin should be getting 12s. They nitpick over him so much, yet they give someone like Jack the same scores. Elizabeth has a bit of 'crazy eyes' going on, and she is trying too hard, not just in the dancing, but in everything on the show, and it's making her somewhat unlikeable.

The show is a popularity contest (as well as dancing), but if based just on dancing ability, Corbin should by and far be the winner. Though the likelihood of the best dancer actually winning...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont think that bill is worse than jack. jack leads with his belly like baby huey.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I figure Corbin will end up as the eventual winner. Say what you will about certain celebs, but the dancers that are supposed to be in the finals will be. Happens that way every season. (Okay, Bristol Palin making it to the finals was an anomaly, but the ship righted itself with her voted out as the #3 finisher.) I know Bill, Jack, and Leah are subpar dancers but we're still in the part of the show where popularity is king. Christina, Snooki, and Brant didn't have the fan base even if they were better dancers. And you have to admit that Bill's work ethic and absolute enthusiasm have charmed a lot of people.

My guess is that the finale will be Corbin, Elizabeth, and Amber unless Amber's knee injuries become too much, then I truly wouldn't be shocked to see Bill or Jack there.

vCash
    I guess I'm the only one watching. Very surprised that Elizabeth left. I guess her fan base wasn't as strong as first believed. She really seemed to take it hard. Val was so supportive. I just don't get the Jack love.......what am I not seeing? Corbin is my favorite. That is probably the kiss of death for him though. Th judging seemed right on tonight.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i can understand why people dont vote for ringers. some voters really like to see improvement, which is valid.

i assume sharon has a factory full of workers dialing feverishly, like veruca salt's dad

vCash
    Tonight's results were ludicrous. Bill is likeable but he should have been gone weeks ago. He knows it ... he seems genuinely embarrassed when a better dancer is eliminated week after week. If Corbin goes next week, I won't be watching anymore. With tonight's results, there isn't really anybody to challenge him in dancing talent even if he does make the finale. I'm thinking DWTS has just about reached the end of its run. There are just too many popularity contests on TV to hold people's interest.

vCash
    ^^
    Agree. I was as surprised as Bill was with the results. Corbin is the only hope. I do not understand the love for Jack at all yet CA seems to go nuts for him. If Leah, Jack and Bill are the final 3, there is no point in watching. I do love Derek but he's won so often; I'd like to see someone else. Was hoping Elis. and Val would be in it.
    Corbin's trio routine was brilliant! Got a few laughs out of Leah's trio as well!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    leah's trio was clever because the dancing took a backseat to the concept

vCash
    I'm actually feeling bad for Bill. You know he only agreed to do this because he thought he'd be in for a few weeks, get some laughs out of it, and learn a few classic dances like the waltz and the cha cha just to have some fun and get a little extra exposure on national tv. Now it's like he's the mastermind of a dastardly plot aimed at eliminating better dancers for his own personal amusement and to infuriate the country. Or that's what someone would think if you read the comments on other forums.

You'd think it would also be dragging down his confidence the way people have been criticizing him the last two or three weeks for something that he can't even control. The judges have made it perfectly clear they don't want him there anymore, he keeps getting put in the bottom two even though they make sure to say that it isn't "necessarily the bottom two", and he's bombarded on social media by people saying he should go home. I know it would hurt me.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Totally agree. Its not "Bill's" fault that Nicole and Elizabeth got eliminated. As I keep telling my mom every week, its not a dancing contest, its a popularity contest. Bill is clearly more popular than Nicole and Elizabeth, and that's not his fault. Yes, the next 3 to go should have been Bill, Leah, Jack (in any order) but that ain't how people voted, so what are you gonna do.

vCash
    Wow, really surprised and disappointed by this result.

(Of course, I almost never pick up the phone and vote, so I guess I have no right to complain... )
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Well, Amber is gone next week She has a 3% vote cushion, but so did Elizabeth.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I think that the popular vote is even more important because the dances and elimination happen on the same night,
    I was surprised, as well.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast