Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

vCash
    I hate Derek. I want him GONE.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I hate Derek. I want him GONE.
    I love Derek, but I think he has to take next season off. Tristan deserves a ringer. Mark gets semi-ringers. They can dance, but they don't have sufficient fan followings. I wouldn't miss him if he was gone for a season too. Mellow out a little.

Amid all the Derek chatter, I do think Cheryl deserves a few words of praise. Yet again she's taken a male celebrity with no dance training to the finals. She really does work from scratch time and again. A round of applause to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Be glad at your ability to block out anything involving that song. I'll be ring-de-ding-ding-ding-ding-de-ding-ding'ing all night long tonight.
    I thought the song part was pretty and the singer has a good voice, but the nonsensical choruses made my teeth hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Amber's freestyle was pretty cool too. I voted for Corbin, but eh, Amber's good too. I just didn't want Derek to win again.
    But Derek did put Amber out there front and center while he pretty much joined the other guys. I thought that was nice.

vCash
    I think that Derek realized that winning DWTS mattered to Amber.
    She can be more than "that girl on GLEE".

vCash
    As much as I am tired of Derek winning so many times, I would hardly call Amber a "ringer" and I'm very happy that she won. It obviously meant a lot to her and she was so over the moon about winning. I would have been fine with Corbin winning as well (he was much more of a "ringer" than Amber was). I'm just glad that Jack didn't win -- or do better than his sister did.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    As much as I am tired of Derek winning so many times, I would hardly call Amber a "ringer" and I'm very happy that she won. It obviously meant a lot to her and she was so over the moon about winning. I would have been fine with Corbin winning as well (he was much more of a "ringer" than Amber was). I'm just glad that Jack didn't win -- or do better than his sister did.
    Corbin was the biggest ringer, way more than Amber. In fact, Christina Millian and Elizabeth Berkley were much more highly trained dancers than Amber. On the other hand, Amber is an incredible performer with live performance experience. She slaughtered Corbin in the final.

vCash
    Amber is an incredible performer with live performance experience
    That'a the key to success on DWTS, IMO.
    She wasn't afraid to display that, especially in the finale.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    If you'd like more of Amber's amazing-ness, check out this BET performances, where she completely reworks, "I Am Woman". If she does not become a major recording artist, then there will be something very wrong with the world!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    That's fabulous!
    With that approach you realize the importantance of the song's message.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Omg, Amber rocks that song. Like that better than original.

vCash
    OK, for next season, I want Gleb, Tristan and Val to get ringers, Marc and Derek to get the older ladies as someone else suggested. I am a Derek fan but I do want to see the others now. Is it 5 times he's won now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    OK, for next season, I want Gleb, Tristan and Val to get ringers, Marc and Derek to get the older ladies as someone else suggested. I am a Derek fan but I do want to see the others now. Is it 5 times he's won now?
    I'm perfectly content with Gleb staying in the troupe. It suits him much better. I want to see Henry become a pro. I love Derek, but I want to see him sit out next season. Let him rev up his creative juices. A ringer didn't do Mark much good this season, so he can stay and get whoever he gets. Maybe it will be someone without apparent dancing skills that he can develop. Tristan deserves a ringer. As for Val, he made the finals with Kelly followed by ringers in Zendaya and Elizabeth, so he can get whoever he gets. He's hardly been stiffed. I hope Sasha gets another try at being a pro. He did great with Snooki. I hope Sharna gets a ringer. She is the one who truly deserves it and Emma too. Both such amazing dancers and creative teachers/choreographers.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I'd like to see Derek get "the older woman", because I actually think he could even win then. Ok, maybe not a Cloris, but a Jane Seymour, for example. I'm not the hugest fan of his persona, but I think his work with his partners and choreography on this show are brilliant. I would love to see what he would do with someone less of a ringer, not to see him lose, but because of the possibility that he might just not.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    I'd like to see Derek get "the older woman", because I actually think he could even win then. Ok, maybe not a Cloris, but a Jane Seymour, for example. I'm not the hugest fan of his persona, but I think his work with his partners and choreography on this show are brilliant. I would love to see what he would do with someone less of a ringer, not to see him lose, but because of the possibility that he might just not.
    Jennifer Grey was 50 when he partnered her and had a fair amount of physical issues (not to mention the psychological ones). She wasn't a dancer. She was an actress who did some dancing in a movie. She hadn't danced since. So Derek has partnered an older woman. Ricki Lake was also over 40 and overweight. Also, not a dancer. Yes, Derek has had an embarrassment of riches with the likes of Nicole Scherzinger and Kellie Pickler, but he's also had some partners he's made great. Amber Riley may be on a musical show, but she's hardly a svelte beauty. Still, Derek got her a mirror ball. He's gifted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    I thought the song part was pretty and the singer has a good voice, but the nonsensical choruses made my teeth hurt.
    I love the story of how the song came to be, though. They planned to make a stupid song that would bomb, as promotion for their talk show in Norway. Suddenly it became a huge youtube sensation (when the meant to entertain just the Norwegians who watch their show). Their plan failed spectacularly and now they have this whole craziness around them and the song.

No surprise that Amber won. In the end I was rooting for Jack, even though there was no way he would win. I much preferred Corbin's dancing to Amber's, but ah well. What do I know - my favourite of the whole season was Snooki.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Jennifer Grey was 50 when he partnered her and had a fair amount of physical issues (not to mention the psychological ones). She wasn't a dancer. She was an actress who did some dancing in a movie. She hadn't danced since. So Derek has partnered an older woman. Ricki Lake was also over 40 and overweight. Also, not a dancer. Yes, Derek has had an embarrassment of riches with the likes of Nicole Scherzinger and Kellie Pickler, but he's also had some partners he's made great. Amber Riley may be on a musical show, but she's hardly a svelte beauty. Still, Derek got her a mirror ball. He's gifted.
    Let see if Derek can win with someone like a Wyonna Judd or a Kate Gosslin for a partner . He is an outstanding choreographer though. I'm sure he'll be hired to do choreography for award shows and more.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Seeing as how I am turning 53 years old this Monday, I don't view 40 or 50 as old. In a few short years, I won't see Jane Seymour as older when she was on either.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617