Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good, no television thread is complete without someone telling us why they don't watch the show.

vCash
    Snooki should have been in the top 5. Leah and Bill need to go next. Then Jack. Based on skills, the top 4 should be Elizabeth, Amber, Corbin and Brant.

I did not like Snooki at all before this show, but she quickly became my favourite by far. She was a really good dancer who gave it her all and got into different characters really well. And she could dance all styles, which some of the others struggle with.

I'm glad to see that Jack is almost as endearing as his sister. Despite what people may thing of Ozzy and his antics, it's obvious the kids are well rounded, smart and mature, and that the family is extremely close and supportive. A bit of an oddity in Hollywood.

Bill is a sweet guy and is giving it his all, but he should not be in past Snooki and Christina. Leah is sarcastic (my kind of sense of humour) but she's started to get a bit annoying and I don't think her dancing is improving much. She should have been gone a few weeks ago too.

vCash
    Where is everybody??????

vCash
    I was wondering the same thing! Jack should have been the one to go home...he is starting to really annoy me. Brant is likeable and a hard worker. He can dance, too! I enjoyed Cher as a judge. She judges simply from a performance aspect which was different.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i would have loved to cut jack loose

i was pleasantly surprised that cher was such a positive judge, i really didnt know what to expect. but i was hoping for a little gypsies, tramps and thieves action.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I can't believe Jack is still on the show. What is it between him and Carrie Ann? Same goes for Bill. Neither one is a dancer.....

vCash
    Yes but Bill is funny and tries very hard. Jack whines.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Dear Bill and Jack fans,

Please gets your eyes checked.

Sightfully yours,

PeterG
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    That was a disappointment. The next three HAVE to be (in some order) Jack, Bill and Leah.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I haven't cared enough to vote this time around, but last night I was thinking of throwing some at Jack. (I didn't bother though.)

Who is Leah in her day job and why is she still there? I find her an unpleasant personality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Who is Leah in her day job and why is she still there? I find her an unpleasant personality.
    She has no day job at the moment, which is why she's so desperate to stay on DWTS.

In the past she was on the long running sitcom King of Queens.

She was one of the original co-hosts on The Talk, and was dumped from the show. It's pretty funny when The Talk hosts, of which Sharon Osbourne is one, come out to support Jack and they always have awkward looks when the cameras cut to them after Leah dances.

I'm honestly so sick of her attitude, I really hope she goes home next.

vCash
    It's very common for a worthy dancer to be booted before those with large fanbases.
    Leah is fortunate to still be there.

Brant and Peta were charming on GMA.

vCash
    I figured it would be Brant because he has no real backstory, other than being on "Pretty Little Liars", his personality is pretty bland and as a dancer, he hasn't really improved enough to catch voter attention. I don't get the Jack love from the judges, his "disco" dance was klutz and off-time. Bill had the definite advantage there, just because he could use the same moves he's already learned. It must kill the producers that his fan base is keeping him in when they so obviously want him gone.

I thought Cher was pretty much of a nonentity as a judge; she gave 9s to everyone except Bill, so what good was that? And two hours of Cher music was more than my ears could stand. Plus her solo song costume looked like Halloween left-overs at KMart. I did not enjoy last night at all.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Amber and Derek should not have earned a 10 for their dance. Bruno over scored them.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Who is Leah in her day job and why is she still there?.
    i guess katie holmes figured out how to set up an auto dialer
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I don't get the Jack love from the judges, his "disco" dance was klutz and off-time.
    I thought Jack's tango was really good, though.

As for the dance off, I disagreed with every single judge's decision, as well as the 10 for Derek

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Dear Bill and Jack fans,

Please gets your eyes checked.

Sightfully yours,

PeterG
    Aw, someone is peeved that their eye candy was sent packing

Bill!!

(and FTR, my eyesight is just fine ). I find him really appealing because he is, for me at least, what the premise of this show embodies, or at least is supposed to. Bill has no dance experience whatsoever, yet he is working his ass off and is improving as the show progresses (in spite of the crap music choices he and Emma keep getting foisted on them). It's obvious that he's having a blast with this -- in spite of how challenging and difficult it is to keep up with contestants who are 20-30 years younger than he is and, in some cases, are ringers, he's keeping up with them. He is not getting all about things, doesn't take this to the serious level to the point that it sucks the entertainment aspect out of watching him, and he's not all dour or snarky *looks pointedly at Leah*. I'm not surprised in the least that he's still on the show -- I suspect that he has been a pleasant surprise for a lot of viewers and has developed a fanbase that is steadily increasing.

The producers of this show probably thought he would be the show's Drunkle, make an ass out of himself and garner a few laughs before being eliminated in the first three weeks, so it wouldn't shock me at all if his success is giving the producer fits.

Also, I know I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I think he's attractive (both in looks and personality), and it's nice at my age to be able to crush on a contestant -- the overwhelming majority of guys on a competitive show like this are not much older than my daughter, and to crush on guys that young is sort of self-creepifying.

Leah can go home any time -- I find her to be extremely unpleasant and unenjoyable.

vCash
    I guess I don't find Jack as annoying as the rest of you do. LEAH is a whiner with no back story to make her be that. Maybe my personal experience with knowing someone with MS, yeah that fatigue is something that I could not imagine. Jack does grate on me - just because of his personality, but LEAH is a billion times worse.

If I was any of the stars on the show, I would throw in the towel unless I was partnered by Derek. He does nothing wrong according to the judges and scores all the HUGE inappropriate scores. As much as I like Amber on Glee, if she wasn't partnered with Derek, she would not receive anywhere near the scores that she gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    If I was any of the stars on the show, I would throw in the towel unless I was partnered by Derek. He does nothing wrong according to the judges and scores all the HUGE inappropriate scores. As much as I like Amber on Glee, if she wasn't partnered with Derek, she would not receive anywhere near the scores that she gets.
    Len did nothing but slam Derek and ignore Amber for several weeks.

vCash
    yet - if you scroll down to the average score chart, Amber and Derek are in first place with a total score of 243 and an average score of 27. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing....S._season_17)

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast