Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Mark was pissed. Real pissed. I don't know what Christina's fan base is but they obviously didn't vote.
    I also got the impression, that Christina was the lowest female dancer in the voter polls last week, but could change the mix-up if the judge's votes saved her. Then she had that weird thing happen with Carrieann's paddle - whether she intended it to be a 10 instead of a 9. Again, Tom explained the rules that the score held based upon what was shown, not necessarily what was intended.

Wonder if that 1 point (however it was weighted) was the difference between Christina staying and Leah staying. Leah sure looked like she was prepared to go. Yeah, fan base makes a big difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Wonder if that 1 point (however it was weighted) was the difference between Christina staying and Leah staying. Leah sure looked like she was prepared to go. Yeah, fan base makes a big difference.
    I'm pretty sure the lift dispute point was for Corbin & Karina. I may be wrong, though. But yes, Leah certainly looked like she felt she was going. I'm glad she stayed, though, because as one of the few without any real dance experience, she is hanging in quite well, IMO.

vCash
    Yep, it was Corbin and Karina. Karina was adamant that her foot didn't leave the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I'm pretty sure the lift dispute point was for Corbin & Karina. I may be wrong, though. But yes, Leah certainly looked like she felt she was going. I'm glad she stayed, though, because as one of the few without any real dance experience, she is hanging in quite well, IMO.
    : I was only half watching the judges scores since I was fast forwarding through the judges talk..

vCash
    I agree that Tony and Leah looked resigned to leaving. The look on Tony's face when he realized they were safe was priceless.

vCash
    That Jessie Spano, Saved By the bell moment was ridiculously brilliant.

She hasn't changed a bit. And Stacey Carossi on the show as well. It's like my first wet dream.

Hope Jessie...I mean Elizabeth creams the comp

vCash
    I don't vote in this contest, so my opinions don't count, but I wanted to chime in to say that as a person who never watched 'Saved by the Bell,' I find Elizabeth really repellant.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't watch Saved by the Bell either so I just know Elizabeth as Nomi Malone.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Mark and Derrick certainly do a good job of "look at me" in their choreo. Their spat style shoes really bother me. If you want your pro to shine, you don't go out of your way to show the judges how much better your feet are.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Spoiler alert -
    Due to some tech glitches with the wrong #'s being given out, they did not eliminate anyone this time. Of course, they had to go through the charade of saying who is safe, etc. and left Bill E. thinking he was out until they told us that all couples were safe.

On to costumes, I really liked Cheryl's skirt for the paso. As for Snookie, Bruno said she was sweet and elegant or something like that. Portraying a young innocent sweetie smelling the flower Sasha gave her.
    Easier to think that if we didn't have those big shoulder tats exposed. I didn't notice them as much on the previous shows.
    Glad Bill E. gets some more time. Anyone remember Adam Carolla (stand up comedian)? He goes on and on about how people need to work harder at what they do etc. He was likely 10 yrs. younger than Bill E. when he was on the show and I remember him doing so little that they had his dance consisting of him riding around the dance floor on a unicycle.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Easier to think that if we didn't have those big shoulder tats exposed. I didn't notice them as much on the previous shows.
    she's annoying in the parts where they let her speak. and those tattoos are too big for her frame. it's like a 5th grader joined the marines.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    she's annoying in the parts where they let her speak. and those tattoos are too big for her frame. it's like a 5th grader joined the marines.
    So glad you're back, mlp! I'm glad Bill E. is still there. He was hilarious in the group dance. His polar opposite, Leah, is intense beyond belief. People must be terrified to vote her off in case she slashes her wrists. That business of walking out on the group dance was bizarre. She really did improve this week though. I suspect the next 2 for elimination will be Jack and Bill. That's my guess.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    a vote for leah is a vote against scientology! somewhere kirsti alley is watching with a bucket of chicken and cursing her to high heaven
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    So glad Bill was safe! But agree that next week will probably be a double elimination. It would have to be so they can stay on broadcast schedule with number of shows left. I was only watching Bill in the group dance since I figured he would probably get cut first. He was hysterical! Sadly, I think next week might be it for him though. But I got all my votes in tonight for him at least. Did last week as well. Too bad those don't count.

vCash
    I do not uderstand the Leah love - or those scores she got. Also don't get Jack's high praise - he looked like a teddy bear pretending to be a biker. And Sasha's pole-swing choreography should have been slammed as hard as Derek's, if Len's serious about being consistent.. I'm glad Bill is safe; he's the one having the most fun - and he's come the furthest in skill. Elizabeth is such an obvious ringer it's disgusting.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    a vote for leah is a vote against scientology! somewhere kirsti alley is watching with a bucket of chicken and cursing her to high heaven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I do not uderstand the Leah love - or those scores she got. Also don't get Jack's high praise - he looked like a teddy bear pretending to be a biker. And Sasha's pole-swing choreography should have been slammed as hard as Derek's, if Len's serious about being consistent.. I'm glad Bill is safe; he's the one having the most fun - and he's come the furthest in skill. Elizabeth is such an obvious ringer it's disgusting.
    I have to laugh at the Elizabeth being called a "ringer" having read the snickers and snarks here and everywhere prior to the season about her "dance experience" in "Showgirls." I'm glad to see her kicking butt here and dancing so well.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    It's not the "Showgirls" experience so much that I'm seeing, but the fact that she's said she had many years of ballet in her youth and wanted so much to be a dancer. You don't just "lose" that sort of early training.

But for the record, I consider, Corbin and Amber "ringers" to some extent too, because they have had some dance training, even it wasn't ballroom. They've all still learned to count and move to a beat, something that the likes of Bill and Jack and even Snooki haven't had to do, other than at a wedding reception. I just dislike Elizabeth's personality more than Corbin and Amber.

vCash
    zaphyre14-- Snooki was a cheerleader in high school on a team that had a huge tumbling component. She's got dance experience. So did Christina, who was eliminated last week. Corbin has perhaps the most experience-- he was a Disney boy, so he was put through boot camp (and had to have experience to get to the point of being cast). Having said that, I think that Elizabeth is trying to hard in her interviews. She needs to just let her dancing speak for itself.

I think that the eliminations will look like this:

8th: Bill
    7th: Leah
    6th: Jack
    5th: Brant
    4th: Nicole

Finals: Corbin, Amber, Elizabeth
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Jaya, thanks, I forgot about Snooki's cheerleading. So that moves her into the "ringer" camps as well. (I don't like her either). I've known about Corbin for a long time; he was one of the few stars whose name I recognized - before he did HSM, he did was in a show about kids stranded on a tropical island; he played the dumb klutz who kept breaking things and messing up their chances for rescue. Elizabeth just irks me because the judges keep playing up her "line" and her "grace" (which I'm not denying she has) but at the same time ignoring that it's not something she's learned on the show; she had that to begin with, thanks to the ballet training. I like to see how the stars improve from week to week.

I'd just like to see Jack and Leah go before Bill, but that's based on personality, not skill.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast