Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Their free skate consumes are utterly baffling. Robin's costume has an obvious oriental theme, but why? It's supposed to be Nutcracker not Turandot.
    Well there's a "Chinese Dance" in the Nutcracker.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-22-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: To add quote for context
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I like their costumes.

vCash
    I like them too. dunno why they have to match. sb familiar with the story of Nutcracker?

vCash
    They don't have to match each other - we've seen contrasting costumes before...however, they should be complementary to each skaters' skin tone. Aliona's clearly doesn't. I wonder what the fug girls would say about them...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lao1234 View Post
    They don't have to match each other - we've seen contrasting costumes before...however, they should be complementary to each skaters' skin tone. Aliona's clearly doesn't. I wonder what the fug girls would say about them...
    That will be her skin tone once she gets done with the tanning booth.

I think her costumes are both very pretty and sexy.

vCash
    I like Aliona's SP costume but not robin's. too much white and there's a big contrast between the top and the pants.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I like Aliona's SP costume but not robin's. too much white and there's a big contrast between the top and the pants.
    I hope the contrast remains! Otherwise it'll look like a unitard.

And male skaters look terrible in unitards

vCash
    I love the SD costumes but Robin's black boots ruin the overall look So maybe make covers for those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I love the SD costumes but Robin's black boots ruin the overall look So maybe make covers for those.
    Agree. With some white boot covers, it will look better. Or maybe he could wear blue pants instead of white? (Picking up the blue trim color in the top.) The LP costumes both look good individually, but I'm not sure the peach color of Aliona's dress works with Robin's red tunic. I like the style of the dress, but I'm not sure about the color. Costumes are always such an issue with these two.

vCash
    I like the short programme costumes (not with his black boots though) and Robin's long program costume, I assume its colours stand for the German flag colours. I hate her lp dress though, why is it not red or gold?

vCash
    love their sp costumes !The FP I am not sure if I like the yellow arms in Robins costume. I think I would prefer them to be white perhaps but then again it all looks different live.
    I really like both Aljonas dresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vocal View Post
    Like the SP costume. Suits very good to the music. Whereas the colors of her FS dress and his sleeves do not match very well IMO.
    I love both the SP costumes and Aliona's flower-skirted pink dress for the LP (perfect for Waltz of the Flowers, if that's their music). Robin's LP costume is all wrong, especially the black braiding on the red vest. He needs a nice unitone, pale color similar to Aliona's tone - either the same pink or a couple of shades darker. And some boot covers for both of Robin's costumes, please.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Since the audio is in German, can someone provide an English translation or summary? Thanks.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the German news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    Savchenko/Szolkowy had a press conference on monday. Some news:

http://www.mdr.de/mdr-info/sport/audio680238.html (audio clip in German).

Aljona thinks the new nutcracker program is the best program they ever had. They can, must and want to skate it to perfection. Robin really enjoyed working with David Wilson. He liked the fact that David could relate to both the male and female part of the choreo. Ingo Steuer thinks the short program music ‘When winter comes’ by André Rieu is really something special. They obviously want the olympic gold. They will retire with 95% certainty.

http://www.europeonline-magazine.eu/...ld_302034.html

http://newsticker.sueddeutsche.de/list/id/1506566

http://www.bild.de/regional/chemnitz...7762.bild.html

Throw triple axel will be part of both the short and long program. These programs are the best, but most difficult programs they ever had. They will have their own ice show ‘Imagine on ice’ in Chemnitz in April. It will be a spectacular show with music, dance and special effects. Other skaters include Florent Amodio and Totmianina / Marinin.

http://www.imagineonice.de
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Though they've never been my cup of tea so to say (huge understatement), I wish them much luck in their goal to attain that elusive Olympic Gold, and I have tremendous respect for them in going for the throw-3axel in both the sp & fs!

The best competitions are when everyone skates their best and you win. And I would like to add when they go all out, putting every single thing they have in their arsenal on the line, nothing and I mean *nothing* compares to that!!!!

vCash
    I swear if S/S go out and land those 3 axels and give overall solid performances and then V/T perform their utterly safe programs clean and win, I will be furious.

I love Tatiana and Max as skaters, they have amazing skating quality and Tatiana is the best one out there, but I hate them as competitors. They so stubbornly stick to those throw sal and loops whereas all the others work their butts off to land lutzes, flips, 3axels and quads and still get scores lightyears worse than V/T. I know jumps are not all that counts, but V/T really aren't THAT much better than S/S or some others in other aspects either.

I am so done cheering for V/T. I adored the idea of them as a pair, I loved them their first season together and I am a sucker for their chemistry - but I am so sick of them breaking world records with their most difficult jump being a loop. I am SO done.

Which, of course, probably means V/T will win the OGM. I swear my favourites never win at the Olys, with only a few exceptions.

vCash
    To me this is an apples versus oranges scenario, like at the 1994 Olympics. It was between G&G versus M&D, and no matter what the latter did they would never displace the former. Reason: judges will always pick the most artistic skater(s) with the most perfect textbook technique, always.

That said, anybody that knows me knows that I have never been a fan of either team (i.e. V/T and S/S). Also, I don't think either one has chemistry and will never go down in history as the greatest ever. BUT I have to admit this is the very first time I have ever liked/enjoyed a program by V/T. I honest to God think their SP is a masterpiece, one for the ages. But their FS.

vCash
    Addendum: strike that, I totally forgot the judges picked Tara over Michelle. That was an anomaly. However, I still say that 99.9% of the time they will always pick the artist with picture perfect technique, especially in pairs. Also, it helps if the skater(s) are well-liked and are aesthetically beautiful as well. jmho. *note: not to forget political clout, very important*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I swear if S/S go out and land those 3 axels and give overall solid performances and then V/T perform their utterly safe programs clean and win, I will be furious.
    Better brace yourself then since that's what's almost definitely going to happen.

vCash
    I wonder why S/S haven't competed yet this season. V/T already have two competitions under their belts. S/S should have at least done a Senior B to get their programs out there like V/T did at Nebelhorn.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast