Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post

Also, doesn't anyone think it's suspicious how we haven't seen Red Riding Hood for a while?
    I guess she might have been eaten by someone, but who?
    That's because she's starring on a drama on CBS.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Just me
    vCash
    I'm not as invested in this season as I have been in all the past seasons, it seems very one-note to me. I'm tired of the green (b)itch and the way that story line has taken over the show, she should have been dealt with in three episodes. All the other characters seem to be pushed into the background and that is NOT where Rumple needs to be. I can't be sure who I hate more, the character or the woman who plays her.

I did love that the curse was broken by Regina's true love kiss with Henry. She deserves a WOW moment like that. I hope we continue to see Regina and Emma working together.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I'm not as invested in this season as I have been in all the past seasons, it seems very one-note to me. I'm tired of the green (b)itch and the way that story line has taken over the show, she should have been dealt with in three episodes. All the other characters seem to be pushed into the background and that is NOT where Rumple needs to be. I can't be sure who I hate more, the character or the woman who plays her.

I did love that the curse was broken by Regina's true love kiss with Henry. She deserves a WOW moment like that. I hope we continue to see Regina and Emma working together.
    I know the Wicked Witch is playing it so campy that it is bringing down the show. I think if she had dialed it back it would have been better. She is coming across as a caricature and I think the other actors play there roles more seriously (for playing fairy tale characters) so it has really changed the dynamic of the show.

vCash
    I'm enjoying the Wicked Witch half of this season more than I did the Neverland half, but somehow looking back I feel that Neverland was more consistent. On Sunday's episode I felt like emotions were a bit all over the place. Rebecca Mader IS playing Zelena in a very 'larger than life' manner and it is getting to be a bit much. She can dial it back a tad, for sure. Rebecca uses her eyes expressively in an effective way, but they bug out too often, if that makes sense.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jadingirl View Post
    She is coming across as a caricature and I think the other actors play there roles more seriously (for playing fairy tale characters) so it has really changed the dynamic of the show.
    This is exactly my problem with her.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    The explanation for why Zelena has green skin was interesting I thought, but holy cow is Zelena annoying. And childish. She's really a child having a tantrum in an adult body, IMO.
    I totally agree with this. I find Zelena very one-note character with no depth, and have found absolutely NO reason to feel any sympathy for her whatsoever. I want her off my TV now!

vCash
    I think the only good thing about Zelena is the fact that she has allowed Regina to be seen as "good" now and probably Rumple too by the end of the season though he was really redeemed when he killed himself and Pan. So if be the end of the season they are all "good guys" I wonder who they will bring in for next season to be the bad guy.

That looks like the way it is heading at least to me.

vCash
    ^ This.

As long as Zelena is gone forever after this season I will welcome whatever comes next. I don't want her to get a redemption angle; I just want her to die (that sounds so dire, lol).

vCash
    The other thing I am wondering about is this half of the season was tagged as "Wicked vs. Evil" so why is Emma the one that appears to be needed to bring down the Wicked Witch. Or is there another twist coming?

vCash
    I have been enjoying the second half quite a bit. I was not a fan of the first half all that much. The lack of Rumple (although I'm sure his torment over the loss of Neil will invade my tv space sooner rather than later) and the real lack of Neil have been real pleasures for me. Surprisingly, I am not nearly as annoyed by the "redemption" of Regina as I thought I would be. I like that the Wicked Witch is bad, bad, bad because she is just bad, bad, bad. I hate redemption arcs.

If the show lacks anything, it's that their world is becoming smaller and smaller. They need to widen their scope, but I imagine budget and the availability of actors are hampering things. At least they're back in Storybrook.

vCash
    I've started watching a few other Afterbuzz shows since finding it for DWTS; if anyone is interested, here is the Afterbuzz show for this week's OUAT episode: http://site.afterbuzztv.com/shows/on...-tv-aftershow/

vCash
    I think the OUAT writers just absolutely ruined Rumbelle permanently, and I am beyond upset about it. If they don't fix it I might be done with the show. How am I supposed to root for these two characters, two of the only characters I still really like on the show (besides Regina), when Rumple just outright lied to Belle in the same breath he proposed to her? And the item he proposed to her with, which was supposed to be a symbol of his trust in her, was in fact a fake? And when she gave him said symbol, she also attached a promise to it instead of simply trusting him?

It's totally broken. The writers just cannot leave well enough alone, ever. Way to alienate a core component of your fan base...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I think the OUAT writers just absolutely ruined Rumbelle permanently, and I am beyond upset about it. If they don't fix it I might be done with the show. How am I supposed to root for these two characters, two of the only characters I still really like on the show (besides Regina), when Rumple just outright lied to Belle in the same breath he proposed to her? And the item he proposed to her with, which was supposed to be a symbol of his trust in her, was in fact a fake? And when she gave him said symbol, she also attached a promise to it instead of simply trusting him?

It's totally broken. The writers just cannot leave well enough alone, ever. Way to alienate a core component of your fan base...
    They may have ruined Rumbelle but it's for the better. With Zelena gone and Regina seemingly turning good (but still keeping some spunky evilness <3), who's left to represent the "bad" (ie not boring) characters?
    In addition, I've always been disturbed by Rumple and Belle's relationship (all I can think of everytime they kiss is "poor actress, with all the cuties in this show, they had to pair her up with the unappealing Dark one").

So I'm fine with ruining Rumbelle to reinstate Rumple!

vCash
    There was a lot of cop outs in this last episode. Emma and Hooks kiss which was really artificial respiration that took away her powers and then Emma's callousness towards Hook all through the episode. And then to end with Rumple outright lying to Belle during his marriage proposal. It's like the writer's don't want to give anyone a happy ending. I would really like it if it stays away from "soap opera territory" and remains an adventure fantasy show.

However they did kill the Witch! Yay! and the finale looks like it will be amazing with Emma and Hook going back in time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jadingirl View Post
    However they did kill the Witch! Yay! and the finale looks like it will be amazing with Emma and Hook going back in time.
    I don't think they actually killed her. They showed her faking out Dorothy by "melting" from the water then coming back. I'm pretty sure she did the same to Rumple but chose to shatter instead of melt. I can't remember the last bit of the episode but I think they showed a green smoke stream that could be her.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    (all I can think of everytime they kiss is "poor actress, with all the cuties in this show, they had to pair her up with the unappealing Dark one").
    Seriously? I'd pick Robert Carlyle over the others in a heartbeat. Well, maybe not Graham, but he's long dead.

vCash
    So...about that season finale...

Spoiler

ETA: One more speculation:

Spoiler

Last edited by Spareoom; 05-12-2014 at 05:16 AM.

vCash
    I rather enjoyed the finale. It was not perfect by any means, lol, but I did think it was one of the better episodes. Sorry if my thoughts are a bit scattered...I should really be sleeping!

Spoiler

vCash
    In reply:

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    In reply:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast