Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Random thoughts tonight:

*Peter Pan is CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY!! Wow.

*That all out brawl on the ship was AWESOME. You had to know it was coming! It shouldn't take Emma throwing herself into the water to get them all to stop fighting but dang, I'm SO glad her badassery is still out in full force!

*NEAL! I'm not ashamed to say that I love that character and I'm thrilled he's a full cast member this year! I'm glad we're starting to see how much he regrets about his real world past (leaving Emma, not fighting for her and searching for her, etc). I loved the lines about the walking stick and how Rumple kept track of Bae growing up with that stick. I also love that he knows how to work magic and now he has to use the one thing he's always hated to find and help save his family. I really hope we keep getting more insight into him as he fights to get back to Emma & Henry. I LOVED his line to Mulan about them making a movie about her..."They made a movie about you. It's actually really good!" LOL

*Mermaids are CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY!!!

*Emma & Hook toasting to Nealfire and him giving that sword to Emma were really sweet scenes. I love the fact that part of Neal is with Emma in Neverland and is going to help get their son back. Hook is a lot more likeable when he's not thirsting for revenge and being a horndog twit.

*Regina had some of the best one liners tonight, LOL

*Why does Peter Pan want Henry's heart?!

*Anyone else practically stand up and cheer when Greg got his shadow ripped out of him (THAT was creepy too but he deserved it, LOL) and when Tamara got shot by an arrow, healed by Rumple, and then got her heart crushed by him? I don't normally cheer when people die but they were just a nuisance and had to go.

*Did I mention that Peter Pan is CREEEEEEEEEEEEPY??!

*Forgot one....Emma giving birth to Henry and dang was that heartbreaking. The fact that she couldn't even bring herself to look at the baby and said that she couldn't be a mother all while trying not to bawl her eyes out was SO sad. Those scenes were so well done and I loved the contrast between those first scenes and Emma's last scene telling the others that they have to work together to save Henry. She went from "I can't be a mother" to "I am a mother" and seeing her strength and determination right then was AWESOME.
    Last edited by HeatherC; 09-30-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Heck yes, I was THRILLED to see Greg and Tamara die so quickly. The powers that be must have listened to our griping last season because they didn't take long to kill them off, haha! They were annoying as all get out so I'm very happy that particular storyline is done and gone.

This episode was full of win! Snow/Regina cat fight, Neil alive and well, Peter Pan (although he is WAY creepy!) and of course Mulan and Aurora. No Storybrooke though; I need me some Belle!

So happy that OUaT is back.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Heck yes, I was THRILLED to see Greg and Tamara die so quickly. The powers that be must have listened to our griping last season because they didn't take long to kill them off, haha! They were annoying as all get out so I'm very happy that particular storyline is done and gone.
    Yes!! I was worried there for a minute that Tamara was going to stay alive, but that was a Rumple-kill I could cheer.

Best line: David, "I will not be capsized by fish!"

I already like the Mulan-Neal dynamic. There's so obviously no sexual tension there so it's nice to have just a straight-ahead friendship.

And yes, Pan is super creepy. "Let's play." *Shudder*

vCash
    GREAT Episode, although I still really, really, REALLY don't like Neal. It is hard because I LOVE Michael Raymond-James, who plays him. I have the same issue when I watch The Americans with Keri Russell.

The last scene with Rumple was intriguing -- even though I had already seen it in the sneak peek. Was that doll Bae's? Or maybe it was....Rumple's?

Loved Hook's line to Emma on the beach about fancying her -- duh! We've known that like, forever.

Hoping and praying that we eventually see a Captain Swan happy ending......
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Neal was at his most likeable around Mulan. Just have him hang him out with her and Aurora and the Prince.

Is this the first time a human has been killed by any of the main characters? Greg was not their fault and I know Tamara was not popular (although I think she had a lot more potential) but is Neal really going to be fine that his dad killed her? I've been burned by some guys in the past--I have never considered having my dad physically hurt them.
    Last edited by manhn; 09-30-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Hook is a lot more likeable when he's not thirsting for revenge and being a horndog twit.
    I kind of like the horndog side of him.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    ... I know Tamara was not popular (although I think she had a lot more potential) but is Neal really going to be fine that his dad killed her?
    Well ... you could argue that if Rumple hadn't happened along, she would have died anyway because of the arrow in her back from the Lost Boys. Rumple only healed her briefly to serve his own purpose. Not that that would make a difference with Neal, but now that he's so completely back in love with Emma I don't think it will matter, even if it did come up. Plus killing your enemies seems to be more accepted in the enchanted worlds -- and Greg and Tamara were definitely enemies.

It does bring up another question about magical healing, though. "All magic has consequences" they keep telling us -- but does that include healing? Rumple has used his healing powers on himself, but also on others IIRC. (Henry? David? I can't actually recall the details.) Does that mean there are consequences for them?

Another random thought: the toughest part about working with child actors is when they insist on growing. Henry/Jared Gilmore was noticeably bigger and older in this episode than he was at the end of last season. And given that he's now in Neverland and isn't supposed to age at all while he's there ... well, depending on how long the Neverland stint is, we might have to suspend disbelief on that score!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Another random thought: the toughest part about working with child actors is when they insist on growing. Henry/Jared Gilmore was noticeably bigger and older in this episode than he was at the end of last season. And given that he's now in Neverland and isn't supposed to age at all while he's there ... well, depending on how long the Neverland stint is, we might have to suspend disbelief on that score!
    They're breaking up this season into two 'mini seasons' (11 eps now and 11 in the spring with limited/no breaks between for each of them) and Hitsis/Horowitz said this summer that they were planning them that way and I'm pretty sure I read that the main Neverland part is only going to encompass the first 11 eps. Jared is definitely growing up really fast!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Another good episode tonight. Rumple cutting off his own shadow and then send him off with the dagger -- that's the kind of mind-blowing creativity I've come to expect from these guys. The scenes between Emma and Mary-Margaret were utterly heartbreaking, and the look on Emma's face at the end when Pan dropped his bombshell ... wow.

Still dying to find out what Pan's deal and is and where his evil comes from ... I'm guessing tho we won't find out until much later in this 11-episode arc.

The flashback storyline wasn't the best ever but it was still good. The "believe in yourself" stuff was great bookend to Emma's story in Neverland, and I was actually kind of relieved it wasn't the real Excalibur (even tho we've already had one crossover into that particular story universe). And I loved the dwarves' protectiveness of Snow.

vCash
    I am afraid I will never ever be able to like Peter Pan again. Anytime soon. Brrrrrrrr
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Really great episode last night! I'm always on the edge of my seat and I never know what's going to happen next. So looking forward to learning more about Neverland and Pan!

Poor Charming... would Regina or Rumple be able to heal him using magic?

The scence between Emman and Snow was really touching and it was nice to see Emma truly admit who she was and how she felt, and to share that with her mom was probably really difficult.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Those scenes with Emma & Snow were so heartbreaking and very telling about how Emma still feels about herself. She masks her pain very well with how strong she has had to be her whole life but dang, she has some serious healing to do from all the years of abandonment, neglect, depression, and loneliness. I wanted to hug her after those scenes. Kudos to Jennifer Morrison for being so amazing in these last two episodes. She is a rockstar.

Loved this episode too overall even though I missed seeing Neal and I'm anxious to meet Tinkerbell and see her story next week!

vCash
    The stuff with Snow, Regina, Charming, Emma and Hook was great. The stuff with Rumple...zzzzz.

The orphans kinda remind me of the kidnapped kids on Lost. But unlike Lost (still my favourite show ever), maybe OUAT will actually flesh out that storyline. My thinking is that the island is where all the abandoned children--living or dead--reside. So, maybe we'll see Charming's twin brother (sold to the King), for instance. So many of the characters have mommy/daddy issues.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    The stuff with Snow, Regina, Charming, Emma and Hook was great. The stuff with Rumple...zzzzz.

The orphans kinda remind me of the kidnapped kids on Lost. But unlike Lost (still my favourite show ever), maybe OUAT will actually flesh out that storyline. My thinking is that the island is where all the abandoned children--living or dead--reside. So, maybe we'll see Charming's twin brother (sold to the King), for instance. So many of the characters have mommy/daddy issues.
    Charming's brother was killed in the season one episode "The Shepherd" (1x6) so I doubt he's hanging out in Neverland.

vCash
    But that's why I included "living or dead". That's my theory on those black spirit thingies we saw.

vCash
    ^ Hmm, interesting theory. I'm not sure it fits, though. If Prince David (that was his name, wasn't it?) had known he'd been adopted (aka bought) then he might have developed the "abandoned" psyche to fit into Neverland. Or if he'd died as a child. But IIRC he never knew he wasn't King George's natural son.

vCash
    Never mind

vCash
    Peter Pan as a dark figure. I'm still not over that
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Peter Pan as a dark figure. I'm still not over that
    Peter was a selfish little snot, and Tinkerbelle downright murderous. So I don't see it as much of a stretch.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ^ Hmm, interesting theory. I'm not sure it fits, though. If Prince David (that was his name, wasn't it?) had known he'd been adopted (aka bought) then he might have developed the "abandoned" psyche to fit into Neverland. Or if he'd died as a child. But IIRC he never knew he wasn't King George's natural son.
    David's brother was named James and IIR, David only went by his brother's name when he was pretending to be George's son.

/end OUAT fangirl factoid moment

Anyone else watch OUAT: in Wonderland tonight? I thought the CGI was WAY bad a few times but I'm intrigued by the cast and the story enough to keep watching it. I loved badass Alice!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast