Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Haven't checked in here in awhile, but I did watch the first two episodes of the season and, speaking as someone who really didn't care for large chunks of Season 2, it seemed fairly promising. Then again, I thought the same thing after the first couple episodes of last season, so hopefully they don't go off the rails again.

One thing I do appreciate is that they seem to have realized a few areas where they went wrong last year and taken steps to fix them. The main ones being:
    - Realizing that Hook works much better as a charming rogue rather than getting his ass kicked every week as the world's least effective villain.
    - Killing off those awful villains from the end of last season (who sucked so much that I don't even remember their names) right away.
    - Letting go of the never ending Regina pity party and instead taking her back to the bitch/villain role that she's far more suited for. I also like that they aren't falling back into the lazy trope of evil=smarter this season by having a few of her moves backfire on everyone.

I'm really liking Peter Pan so far. The actor is quite good - he comes across as mischievous and childlike, but in a way that's genuinely menacing.

I guess it's cool that the girls managed to save Phillip (when did that happen anyway?) but I'm still more interested in an Aurora/Mulan pairing than I am in seeing them compete for him. Funnily enough, I'm not one who tends to gravitate toward slash pairings, but I thought they had a really cool relationship developing last season. On the other hand, I like how they once again avoided portraying Aurora as being useless just because she's not a warrior.

And speaking of love triangles, I'm still not looking forward to the inevitable Hook/Emma/Neal one, although this is a rare example where I don't think I really care which one she ends up with* - I think both could work. And on a side note, I've been getting increasingly pissed off by the comments I've seen elsewhere on the web *coughTWOPcough* basically saying that they don't want Emma/Neal because he's too ugly for her. Not only do I find the sentiment pretty gross on its own, but am I the only one who actually finds Michael Raymond-James super sexy? Maybe I'm biased from having seen him on other shows before this one but I think he's just as hot as Hook, just in a different way.

My biggest concern so far is, surprisingly, Rumplestiltskin. I hope they have something better planned for him than just trudging through the forest on his own (or with a imaginary friend), because aside from the cool shadow-cutting sequence I've found his stuff pretty dull so far.

*Yet, at least. I suppose things could change later on.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 10-11-2013 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    And speaking of love triangles, I'm still not looking forward to the inevitable Hook/Emma/Neal one, although this is a rare example where I don't think I really care which one she ends up with* - I think both could work. And on a side note, I've been getting increasingly pissed off by the comments I've seen elsewhere on the web *coughTWOPcough* basically saying that they don't want Emma/Neal because he's too ugly for her. Not only do I find the sentiment pretty gross on its own, but am I the only one who actually finds Michael Raymond-James super sexy? Maybe I'm biased from having seen him on other shows before this one but I think he's just as hot as Hook, just in a different way.
    I LOVE Michael Raymond James and think he is absolutely adorable. If I ever saw him walking down the street I would really have to fight the urge to hug him.

That being said, I absolutely loathe the character of Neal. From leaving Emma to have a baby in prison whilst shackled to a bed (and he had the nerve to chew out Emma for not telling her about Henry?! REALLY?!?!?!) to finding out the curse was broken and dating Tamara instead of finding Emma, he simply does not deserve her. The thought of them getting back together is completely improbable to me and goes against everything they have set up Emma's character to be since the first episode. If they end up being endgame, it's a deal-breaker for me and this show.

I have the same problem when I watch The Americans. I absolutely adore Keri Russell (off topic but if you haven't seen Austenland yet it was even better than I expected), but I also loathe her character Elizabeth on the show and kind of wish they would write her off of it.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Anyone else watch OUAT: in Wonderland tonight? I thought the CGI was WAY bad a few times but I'm intrigued by the cast and the story enough to keep watching it. I loved badass Alice!
    I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either -- I'll give it at least one more episode. The CGI, imo, wasn't so much bad as distracting and intrusive. In OuaT the CGI is only when necessary, and it adds to the story. In Wonderland it's all CGI all the time.

Also distracting: the hyper-collagened lips of the red queen (and her bad acting), Alice's corset, and the plot overloading re: who's threatening /scheming with / bargaining with whom.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    OMG, Michael Raymond-James is alternately adorable and totally hot and I find anyone who thinks otherwise incredibly shallow and irritating to be honest. He's not a traditional 'hottie' in the sense of McSteamy or someone like that but I love his charisma, his smile is AMAZING, he has a fantastic sense of humor, and he always seems to have a twinkle in his eye. He just seems like an all around great guy and that goes a long way towards making me a big fan. It helps that he's also a huge sports fan which I enjoy since I am too (just don't give him crap when he says something on Twitter...I did that a several weeks ago and we got into a pretty entertaining college football 'argument' for like twenty minutes, LOL). I love that he's a full time cast member this year and can't wait to see more scenes between him and JMo and him and Robert Carlyle.

And I wasn't going to go into my feelings about Neal but I feel the need to point out a couple of things tonight:

1. There are NO perfect characters on this show. They all have their flaws, have done bad things to other people, or have made a crapload of mistakes, and it's what makes the show so fascinating for me. No one can be exempt from judgment on things they've done in the past (including Emma).
    2. Neal did NOT know Emma was pregnant. If he had known that, there's no way he would have left her.
    3. Neal was not only scared of facing Emma again ten plus years after breaking her heart, he was also scared about facing his father again...someone he had been running from for a long time after being abandoned at the age of 13. It wasn't just his guilt in leaving her, he wasn't ready to face the father who abandoned him. I think he knows how badly he messed up. He admitted to Mulan that being apart from Emma was the biggest regret of his life and I loved her line to him, "Your belief in love wasn’t strong enough to overcome your fear of rejection."
    4. I don't think Neal ever truly loved Tamara. I think he was still trying to forget Emma and thought he would never see her again. He probably thought dating someone else would help with that but we saw at the end of season two that he never stopped regretting how badly he hurt Emma and also never stopped loving her.
    5. We don't really know all of Neal's story yet. We don't know how long he was stuck in Neverland, how he got away from Pan, what happened to him between the time he got to our world and before he met Emma, or what all he was doing or where he was during those ten plus years apart from Emma. I want those missing pieces filled in because I think they'll tell us a lot more about Neal/Baelfire. He's been through a lot in his life too and I don't think it's fair to focus only on Emma's pain...he's got some serious pain and abandonment issues of his own to work through too.
    6. After watching those scenes with Emma & Snow in last week's episode with her talking about how miserable she was growing up alone, Neal may literally be the only person in her life who ever showed her kindness and love. She probably did the same thing for him and even though they didn't have much of anything, they always had each other and that was enough for both of them. That's not something you forget about easily, even through the pain and years apart.
    7. If Neal had chosen to stay with Emma and not leave her, yes he would have finally had a family with her and their little boy, but the guilt of not telling her about the Curse, her parents, and her destiny would have eaten him alive and when that time to break the curse would have come up, I don't think she would have believed him nor would she have been happy that he kept it a secret from her for all that time. Neal was pretty much in a lose-lose situation where Emma would end up hurt one way or the other. I think Emma was starting to realize that at the end of season two (ex. their talk on the beach).
    8. If Regina, Hook, Rumple, and even Pan are capable of having happy endings (and Eddy and Adam have said repeatedly that evil isn't born, it's made, and not that I consider Hook evil per se), then Neal should be allowed to have a happy ending too. Neal's intention wasn't evil at all...he was heartbroken to find out she was mixed up in his fairy tale world too....he just wanted her to have her family back. I really don't think Neal should be looked at as an evil, horrible guy. He's a good guy who did a bad thing but he also knows it and deserves a chance to make things right again with Emma.

Sorry for the ramble....I just love Emma & Neal's story. The reason for the Curse (Neal/Bae) falling for the Savior who was destined to break the Curse (Emma)...that's just a beautiful story of fate, destiny, and two lost people hopefully finding their way home.

/end crazy fangirl post and holy crap, sorry this got way long, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    YAY!! That's such fun and wonderful news! I seriously can't handle how adorable they are and their tweets thanking the fans for their congrats were SO cute!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I am probably be totally wrong about this, but given that lately it's become popular again to have co-stars allegedly "date" in real life purely for publicity of the movie/show (Stewart/Patterson, the Glee couple), when I first heard about the engagement between Goodwin and Dallas, my first reaction was extreme skepticism. I hope I'm wrong, as they seem to be a very cute couple, but my cynical view of Hollywood these days made me think otherwise.

Like I said, I'm probably wrong, but there it is.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I don't find Neal at all attractive. I guess that makes me "incredibly shallow and irritating." I think my perception of him is largely colored by what the writers have done with the character. Plus, I'm not emotionally invested in the actor based on what he has done in his real life or elsewhere because I know nothing about that, like most viewers of this show. I find it entirely unbelievable that Emma would be interested in him. Neal doesn't have enough intelligence, integrity, or backbone. I don't know if he behaved the way he did with Emma and with Tamara because he's a jerk or a coward or an idiot, or a combination of all three, but I find him, at best, to be kind of pathetic. (I also hated it when they had David and Mary Margaret were sneaking around seeing each other behind his wife's back. But Neal is a totally different scale. Not remotely sexy to me.) I'd be disappointed if Emma ends up with Neal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I am probably be totally wrong about this, but given that lately it's become popular again to have co-stars allegedly "date" in real life purely for publicity of the movie/show (Stewart/Patterson, the Glee couple), when I first heard about the engagement between Goodwin and Dallas, my first reaction was extreme skepticism. I hope I'm wrong, as they seem to be a very cute couple, but my cynical view of Hollywood these days made me think otherwise.

Stewart/Pattinson was totally fake, but I don't think Lea and Cory were.

I'm mid-way through season 1 of this show but I've spoiled myself silly on the rest of it already so here I am on this thread I'll get here eventually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I don't find Neal at all attractive. I guess that makes me "incredibly shallow and irritating." I think my perception of him is largely colored by what the writers have done with the character. Plus, I'm not emotionally invested in the actor based on what he has done in his real life or elsewhere because I know nothing about that, like most viewers of this show. I find it entirely unbelievable that Emma would be interested in him. Neal doesn't have enough intelligence, integrity, or backbone. I don't know if he behaved the way he did with Emma and with Tamara because he's a jerk or a coward or an idiot, or a combination of all three, but I find him, at best, to be kind of pathetic. (I also hated it when they had David and Mary Margaret were sneaking around seeing each other behind his wife's back. But Neal is a totally different scale. Not remotely sexy to me.) I'd be disappointed if Emma ends up with Neal.
    I have little to no interest in Emma ending up with Neal, just no he's a douche, imo. Now Emma and Hook on the other hand

Last night's episode. OMG!!! The only redemption I've wanted for Regina has been her death, but now I'm intrigued by the idea of Regina and Robin Hood.

Snow and Charming were just about to make me cry last night.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post

I've followed Ginny Goodwin and Josh Dallas' relationship from the beginning (yeah, I'm a total fangirl ) and they seem to have quite a bit in common and don't come across as fake people. They're both Southerners, so I like to think their common roots make them a great match.

Did anyone else wonder if Mulan was going to tell Aurora that she was in love with her and not Philip? I know it seemed like she had a thing for Philip when they first introduced her character, but I thought it was weird that she wanted to talk to Aurora and not Philip last night.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post

Did anyone else wonder if Mulan was going to tell Aurora that she was in love with her and not Philip? I know it seemed like she had a thing for Philip when they first introduced her character, but I thought it was weird that she wanted to talk to Aurora and not Philip last night.
    Seemed very clear to me that's exactly what Mulan was going to do.

vCash
    OMG, Mulan and Aurora are friggin' epic. That is the storyline that will carry me to the end of the season. And Robin Hood is so dreamy.

Yeah, yeah, Regina did right by Henry. Whatever, Mommy of the Year.

vCash
    So Robin Hood is Regina's happily ever after? I have to admit, I did not see that coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    I have little to no interest in Emma ending up with Neal, just no he's a douche, imo. Now Emma and Hook on the other hand
    Completely agree 10000%. I also hated what Neal did with using Robin's son as bait. How would he have liked it if someone had wanted to use Henry in that way. Not cool Neal, NOT cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either -- I'll give it at least one more episode. The CGI, imo, wasn't so much bad as distracting and intrusive. In OuaT the CGI is only when necessary, and it adds to the story. In Wonderland it's all CGI all the time.

Also distracting: the hyper-collagened lips of the red queen (and her bad acting), Alice's corset, and the plot overloading re: who's threatening /scheming with / bargaining with whom.
    I agree about the Red Queen -- I could barely pay attention to what she was saying because her lips were so distracting. It reminded me of that scene with Goldie Hawn in The First Wives' Club.

I think the biggest mistake they have made with this show so far is showing so little of Alice and Cyrus's love story, so viewers are not terribly emotionally invested in it. I have already seen fan videos of an Alice/Knave pairing popping up on youtube....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Seemed very clear to me that's exactly what Mulan was going to do.
    Yep, I thought it quite clear how Mulan felt when she said she wanted to speak with Aurora and NOT Philip. Then after the baby announcement, you could almost see the joy leaving her eyes and a settled look come over her face when she announced she was joining Robin. Not too surprised she would join him since she did tell him she had something to do before she gave him an answer. That she has her answer -- well I guess answers since it seems apparent that Aurora is straight and very much into Philip.

So a question -- are there any here that thought Aurora was attracted to Mulan as a love interest? I never go that vibe from her (Aurora) but there was inkling at times of such feeling by Mulan.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Mulan + Aurora 4eva!!!

Seriously though, I'm way more invested in that ship than any other one on the show. And I'm kind of shocked that they took it from subtext to outright text. I really didn't think they'd have the balls (or the permission from Disney) to go there.

Anyways, I thought this was another solid episode. The Pan actor continues to impress me, and even Henry has been tolerable so far this season. Although I couldn't help but notice that Jared Gilmour is starting to age rather obviously (kind of funny, given this season's setting). I'm curious how they're going to deal with that.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I wish the show would start to move away from the flashback structure. They don't have to get rid of them entirely, but at least limit them to when they're really necessary or have something new to tell us, because most of them just feel so repetitive at this point and just distract from the main storylines. I mean, it seems we get three basic outlines:
    1) Charming and Snow run into Regina, Regina threatens them, they find their courage/confidence/morals and defeat her, but then let her go.

2) Regina whines about what a victim she is, then flirts with the idea of not going bad/shows signs of not being completely evil, only to choose to continue down the path to setting off the curse.

3) See #2, only replace Regina with Rumple.

Yeah, it's fun to see Rumple at his nuttiest, and Evil Queen Regina's fabulously insane wardrobe, but I'm just getting kind of bored at this point.

vCash
    Wow! The Pied Piper is Peter Pan! The origin of the Lost Boys! I love this show!

vCash
    The scenes with Rumple/Nealfire and Rumple/Belle just about made me want to cry tonight.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast