Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

Once upon a Time Season 3 - to Neverland and beyond!

Yes, I know, we still have nearly 4 weeks to wait ... but I wanted to get a jump on things. I took advantage of some inclement weather over the long weekend to finish the DVD set, re-watching some of my favourite episodes from last season, as well as the various extras. The highlights were the commentary episodes, esp. the season 2 opener with Ginny Goodwin and Josh Dallas (fun little behind-the-scenes tidbits, like the one they did for season 1), the one with Robert Carlyle, and the season ender with Colin O'Donoghue. There was also a nice little fluff piece on O'Donoghue (hmm, think they're pushing his star much? not that I mind ...) and one called "Girl Power" about the bad-assery of all the female leads.

So, any thoughts about where we'll go in season 3?

There wasn't much of a goodbye with the rest of the Storybrookers either -- do you think there will be many storylines there while most of the leads are gone? Last season we still had David, Rumple, and Henry in town to anchor those storylines, so that worked. It would be great to have some stories focusing on Belle, Ruby, Granny, Grumpy, Anton, and/or Hopper, but with both the Neverland sequences and the Team Princess / Post-Apocalyptic Forest stuff for present day, I'm not sure how much of Storybrooke we're going to see for the first part of the season.

I'm also assuming we'll see some flashback sequences of Bael's time in Neverland, but considering the rate Dylan Schmid (young Baelfire) has been growing for the past two seasons, we might have to suspend disbelief a bit on the "never grow older" thing!

And finding out Peter Pan's backstory, and why his character is so menacing, will be very interesting. I'm a little uncomfortable about the thought of a teenager being "bad," but I have absolute faith in the producers & writers making this work. They haven't let me down yet.

Afterlife
    vCash
    I doubt we'll see much Ruby unless Meghan Ory's new show, Intelligence, gets cancelled. Although it does film in Vancouver so she might be able to do both. It's disappointing, I really like Ruby, but considering how little screen time she got last season I can see why she might have wanted to find another job.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell411 View Post
    I doubt we'll see much Ruby unless Meghan Ory's new show, Intelligence, gets cancelled. Although it does film in Vancouver so she might be able to do both. It's disappointing, I really like Ruby, but considering how little screen time she got last season I can see why she might have wanted to find another job.
    Intelligence isn't scheduled to air until the new year, so she could still do some episodes of Once. I agree on both counts though -- I don't want to lose Ruby from the show, but Meghan Ory is so talented she deserves more for her career. (It will be interesting to see if TBTB "punish" her for finding another show.)

BTW, I was just reading in my fall preview TV guide last night about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, the spinoff show. When I first heard about it I thought "too soon" -- but now that I know it's going to be a one-off, a single storyline in 10 episodes, I'm not so opposed. Doesn't mean it will be good of course, but I'll give it a shot. If for no other reason to see how they accomplish the Alice-Aladdin mashup.

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Intelligence isn't scheduled to air until the new year, so she could still do some episodes of Once. I agree on both counts though -- I don't want to lose Ruby from the show, but Meghan Ory is so talented she deserves more for her career. (It will be interesting to see if TBTB "punish" her for finding another show.)

BTW, I was just reading in my fall preview TV guide last night about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, the spinoff show. When I first heard about it I thought "too soon" -- but now that I know it's going to be a one-off, a single storyline in 10 episodes, I'm not so opposed. Doesn't mean it will be good of course, but I'll give it a shot. If for no other reason to see how they accomplish the Alice-Aladdin mashup.
    I had no idea Intelligence was mid-season, sorry. I really just knew it existed so thanks, it looks interesting so now I'll know not to look for it yet.

I felt the same about the spin off. But as a one off I can get behind that. I'll probably check it out now.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I wasn't really feeling the Alice spinoff but then I saw the promo and it actually looks kinda epic. I'll be watching for sure.

vCash
    Forgot to say earlier: how much real time do you think passed between when Emma & Snow returned from The Post-Apocalyptic Forest and the end of season 2? It didn't seem like very long ... but it was obviously long enough for Mulan and Aurora to rescue Prince Phillip from his soulless post-Dementor state, since he was there on the beach when Neal appeared. No doubt that's a story we'll see sometime in season 3. (I wonder if the reason we didn't see it in season 2 was that there were too many backstories with the regular characters ... or if it was just a scheduling thing with Julian Morris.)

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I am SUPER crazy stoked about OUAT this year! I also watched a few of my fave episodes from my season two DVD set (haven't gotten to the season finale with commentary yet but it's on my radar to do before season three kicks off) and it's so much fun. I follow Adam and the cast via Twitter and he seems pretty confident that we'll see scenes with ALL of the main cast members this year (Charming, Snow, Emma, Rumple, Regina, Hook, Neal, and Belle) so I'm not terribly worried about anyone's screen time right now. I think they learned a lot from season two and are going to make season three that much better from it. SO PUMPED that season three is finally just around the corner!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Only 5 more sleeps ... who else is jittery with excitement?

ETA: So glad CTV is showing it at 7:00 again this year -- that way it doesn't conflict with Last Tango in Halifax on PBS and Battle of the Blades.
    Last edited by Artemis@BC; 09-25-2013 at 01:10 AM.

vCash
    I'm excited! I'm also loving Ginnifer Goodwin's countdown pictures. I think she does a better job of promoting the show than ABC does.

Anyway, looking forward to the new episode indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peach_pear View Post
    I'm excited! I'm also loving Ginnifer Goodwin's countdown pictures. I think she does a better job of promoting the show than ABC does.
    Haven't seen those ... are the on-air or somewhere else?

vCash
    Haven't seen those ... are the on-air or somewhere else?
    She posts them on her twitter account, you can see them all there. Generally Jennifer Morrison retweets them as well, so you can find them there too.

So excited for the premier Sunday! The little promo last week got me super excited!

vCash
    ^ Thanks. I'm not much of a twitter user, but I'll check that out.

I see that they're doing a recap episode before the new one. I just rewatched most of season 2 on DVD so probably won't bother with that, but it will probably be helpful for a lot of viewers.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this Sunday! I feel like this show has been gone forever even though it's only been a few months, LOL

I think this year is going to be pretty awesome. Those guys know what worked and what didn't last year and it sounds like they're on the right track with getting some of that season one magic back. There are a few random entertainment folks who got to see the first two episodes all ready and every single one of them was gushing about both of them. I won't post the links in case people don't want the spoilers but TV Line, Huffington Post, E!Online, and Hyperble are some of the sites that posted a few teaser/spoiler things today. That so many different people enjoyed the episodes gives me a lot of hope!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Random OuaT thought for the day: I really, really hope they find away to recycle Mary-Margaret's line from season 2, "Back away from my daughter" ... only this time she'll be saying it to Hook.

vCash
    Random OuaT thought for the day: I really, really hope they find away to recycle Mary-Margaret's line from season 2, "Back away from my daughter" ... only this time she'll be saying it to Hook.
    I agree! That would be great to see.

I also hope for more character and family moments instead of just relentless action sequences and introducing new characters every week. I really hope they are able to recapture the magic that was season one of the show.

vCash
    I'm excited about it! I'll be DVRing it since hubby and I haven't finished watching season 2 on Netflix yet. We only have time to watch on weekend nights so it's taking for-e-ver.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peach_pear View Post
    I agree! That would be great to see.

I also hope for more character and family moments instead of just relentless action sequences and introducing new characters every week. I really hope they are able to recapture the magic that was season one of the show.
    From everything that I've read this week (and I've read way too much for my own good, LOL) I think that's exactly what's going to happen and that makes me very happy. I also think the only new characters they're introducing that haven't all ready been intro'd are Peter Pan,

Spoiler

Everyone else that I've heard will be seen this year were all ready introduced in the previous two seasons. I'm very anxious to see how the JR6 get along on the boat, what happens with Neal in the EF, and especially for some Charming family bonding!

vCash
    Cannot wait for Sunday!

vCash
    3 more hours!

vCash
    I just have to chime in and say I love having time shift. Got to watch this show from 6-7, then Battle of the Blades from 7-9, currently watching The Amazing Race and then it will be The Good Wife at 10. Yep, love that I can watch all four shows without having to put it on PVR since that machine is in a room in which I can't stand (OK, sit) to watch TV.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast