vCash

How do we contact an FSU moderator?

I recently started a thread in the Trash Can (Canadian Ice dancing General discussion). Sylvia suggested that I should contact a moderator about moving the thread into Great Skate Debate, which might be a good idea but I have no idea how to contact a moderator. I couldn't find this question addressed in the FAQ or in Board Business posts from the last three years. (It might be there, but if so I missed it).

Do we just put a request to move it in the thread itself?

Also, what are the guidelines for what goes into the Trash Can and what goes into Great Skate Debate? A Canadian Ice Dance thread will probably have quite a bit of news, but it also inevitably seems to attract quite a bit of team-bashing which seems more appropriate for the Trash Can. Which type of threads are more appropriate for GSD vs. the Trash Can?

Thanks.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    List of admins: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showgroups.php?s=

Good questions, geoskate. A mod. wrote me a PM on this topic once. Some relevant excerpts:
    The Trash Can is not and never was meant for skating news and I am not sure how people have gotten used to discussing such things there. That's not the purpose of that forum. The Trash Can is there to keep non-news stuff like polls and rehashes of Nancy-Oksana out of GSD.
    Our past experiences with umbrella [news] threads have been that most people do not read them because they are too long and general, and most prefer to have specific threads.
    This PM was written over one year ago and, since then, 4 U.S. skating news "umbrella" threads now exist in GSD -- one for each discipline. I personally find them useful in the summer/off season for posting and consolidating news and information.

I try and start separate threads in GSD for significant (IMO) skater news and articles so they don't get buried in the "umbrella" threads.

ETA:
    There currently are active threads in GSD for Russian skating news (all 4 disciplines in one - the very first "umbrella" news thread started in GSD?), and Canadian Pairs, as well as news from Germany, France, Italy, Finland, China, Japan, etc. and it's been up to individual posters to keep them updated.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-01-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks. That was helpful, especially the PM.