Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    Since Piper doesn't have her citizenship in order yet and they are dealing with injury i don't think they are the favourite at all...
    Any update on when G/P will be back on the ice? Heard that Gilles was back in Colorado this past weekend watching the dance event that took place in Colorado Springs.

vCash
    I understood they were back on the ice, but with limited practice time so as not to stress Paul's ankle.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    Any update on when G/P will be back on the ice?
    I posted a recent article about Gilles/Poirier in their GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3997745
    Excerpt from the article:
    Poirier says he’s been healing on a best-case scenario pace – ahead of schedule. Two weeks after surgery, he was back at the gym. “I’m not worried about my strength or my cardio in any sort of way,” he said. “My skills are pretty good for the most part.” They can’t do two-hour long sessions. They must train efficiently, and make the most of their time on ice. But they’ve come a long way. When Poirier first went back onto the ice, he could skate for only five minutes at a time.

“Every day, my ankle is getting stronger,” he said. “I can feel it.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    As Danafan pointed out in the thread in Kiss and cry, Kharis Ralph/Asher Hill and Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouelette are assigned to the Cup of Nice in France (http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/athl...signments.aspx). The competition occurs October 23-27.

Also, Kharis and Asher skated in the Isabelle Henderson competition this past weekend, and received scores of 55.42 for their short dance and 84.46 for their free dance. They had already done their short dance at Minto and their free dance at Thornhill, but this was the first competition where they did both.

vCash
    Were Kharis and Asher at High Performance Camp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Were Kharis and Asher at High Performance Camp?
    I think yes.

vCash
    Someone asked quite a while ago about the status of Andreanne Poulin/Marc-Andre Servant (6th at least season's Canadians). They hadn't entered any summer competitions, so people were wondering if they were injured or had split.

I haven't seen any further information on their status, but they are now listed on the entry list for Octoberfest, for the free dance only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Someone asked quite a while ago about the status of Andreanne Poulin/Marc-Andre Servant (6th at least season's Canadians). They hadn't entered any summer competitions, so people were wondering if they were injured or had split.

I haven't seen any further information on their status, but they are now listed on the entry list for Octoberfest, for the free dance only.
    That's great! I've seen them in person a couple of times, and they're a really lovely pair. Their edges are to die for. I was hoping they hadn't split!

vCash
    They posted on their facebook page that Marc Andre broke his foot: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

vCash
    Here's the free dance of Caroline Soucisse/Simon Tanguay at the Belarus JGP. They placed fifth in the free dance, with a score of 68.06, and sixth overall. This was their JGP debut. Other than a very slight problem on the twizzles, they skated that very well. I like the look of this team.

vCash
    Edwards/Pang pretty much ensured that they will not make the Junior Grand Prix final this year with their skating at the JGP in Ostrava - and it was within their grasp. They finished in third, but they were less than two points out of first. The judges clearly would have given them the win, since they had the highest PCS scores in the FD. Unfortunately their low levels on two step sequences and a spin in the free dance, plus the fall on or just after a lift in the short dance, prevented that. Their free dance score was 79.29 and their overall score was 133.39, both slightly lower than their scores at the JGP in Mexico.

In any case, here's the free dance.

Danielle Wu/Spencer Su has a terrific debut on the JGP final, finishing fifth overall and fourth in the free dance. They had a short dance score of 51.68, a free dance score of 76.10, and an overall score of 127.78. They certainly look ready to challenge for the podium at Canadians.

Their free dance is here, with music from West Side Story.

vCash
    Danielle Wu/Spencer Su has a terrific debut on the JGP final, finishing fifth overall and fourth in the free dance. They had a short dance score of 51.68, a free dance score of 76.10, and an overall score of 127.78. They certainly look ready to challenge for the podium at Canadians.

Their free dance is here, with music from West Side Story
    Wow.. Wu & Soo's lift at 0.25 was unexpected and stunning! I have watched their vids and am impressed with their continuous growth. I love their West Side Story FD.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Ralph/Hill at Cup de Nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exl3qwDlBzY

Free dance score was 79.73, and overall score was 131.91 (4th)

I can't find the program for Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Oulette. Their free dance score was 81.70, their short dance score was 45.70, and their overall score was 127.40 (5th)
    Last edited by geoskate; 10-29-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: omitted the total score

vCash
    Does anyone know the status of ISU minimum scores for Orford/Williams? The minimum technical scores for 4CC and Olympics are (I think) 18 and 28 points for the short dance and free dance respectively, and for worlds they are 28 and 38 points for the short dance and free dance respectively. Orford and Williams have definitely met the minimum for 4CC and the Olympics, but have they met the worlds standard (for the short dance, specifically)? I can't find any competition at which they have done so, but it's very possible that I have missed a competition in which they met the standard.

Paul/Islam met all standards at Skate Canada this past weekend (if they hadn't already done so), and Gilles/Poirier had previously met the standard. I consider the three teams named to be potential members of the team for Worlds this season. If V/M retire, there could potentially be two spots open, actually, so it does become important that the potential 4th-placed team at Canadians has met the Worlds standard.

vCash
    Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouellette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Rq_6fsrVs

vCash
    Does anyone know the status of ISU minimum scores for Orford/Williams? The minimum technical scores for 4CC and Olympics are (I think) 18 and 28 points for the short dance and free dance respectively, and for worlds they are 28 and 38 points for the short dance and free dance respectively. Orford and Williams have definitely met the minimum for 4CC and the Olympics, but have they met the worlds standard (for the short dance, specifically)? I can't find any competition at which they have done so, but it's very possible that I have missed a competition in which they met the standard.
    Last year, Orford & Williams were Worlds-eligible, because their SD TES at 2012 Jr Worlds was 30+. Does that carry through to this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frisette70 View Post
    Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouellette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Rq_6fsrVs
    Lovely team......great tech score for that skate......same as the winners.......very promising.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks, frisette70, for the link to Paradis/Ouellette. I think they have improved substantially since last season.

Last year, Orford & Williams were Worlds-eligible, because their SD TES at 2012 Jr Worlds was 30+. Does that carry through to this year?
    I don't think so, but we probably need kwanfan1818 or Sylvia to answer that definitively. The requirements are listed in ISU Communication 1797 (on this page), on page 5. The document lists the minimums, including the 28 point minimum technical score for the short dance, and then says

"The Minimum Total Technical Score (not including Component Scores) is a Technical Score and must have been reached in an ISU recognized International Competition (as per Article 38, paragraph 7 of the ISU Constitution and Rule 107, paragraphs 1 to 9 of the ISU General Regulations) during the ongoing or immediately preceding season in both segments, Short Program/Short Dance and Free Skating/Free Dance (See ISU Special Regulations Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance 2012, Rule 378, paragraph 3)."

I take this to mean that the technical score must have been reached in season 2012-2013 or season 2013-2014, so I don't think Junior worlds in 2012 would be included for this season. The technical score can be reached at separate competitions for the short dance and the free dance.

vCash
    Orford/Williams competitions in 2012-2013:
    Rostelecom Cup - short dance technical score 27.58
    NHK - short dance technical score 25.72
    4CC - short dance technical score 26.79

In 2013-2014:
    Salt Lake City short dance technical score 27.34

So they have come agonizely close twice, but as far as I can tell have not met the minimum. If so, how well they skate their short dance at TEB could be quite important, then.

vCash
    Ralph/Hill at Cup de Nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exl3qwDlBzY

Free dance score was 79.73, and overall score was 131.91 (4th)
    I hate to say this, but I had all but forgotten about Ralph/Hill. I always thought they had so much promise, but have they had injuries? They don't seem to be moving up like I thought they might. (They are so young, I'm not counting them out.)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast