vCash

Skating Moves: Camel Spin

The consensus from most was to do a video on the camel spin. Since there were so many different things to discuss about the spin, I decided to focus on the entry since I feel that's the most important component of the spin. If I talked any longer, the video would have been way too long. Anyway, the focus in on the following things:

1. the glide into the spin
    2. the hook into the spin....grabbing your blade on the ball of the blade (aka, the rocker)
    3. bending your spinning leg at the entry to allow yourself to pop up into the camel position
    4. maintaining your weight in a straight line on your spinning leg

I also show an example of a camel spin where I messed up the entry by going too far up on the front of my blade, starting the spin by grabbing the toe-pick, which caused me to wobble a bit.

There are a lot things that could be discussed, so hopefully this is helpful to someone out there. I'm enjoying doing these in my free time. I'm happy to help with more questions, etc. BTW, I also mention that arms and posture are of personal preference. Some skaters do a camel with their arms sticking out, or their backs in different positions, so I do mention my version is my personal preference, and one that I think allows me to spin faster/better.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/SFf2_BgBYYo

Watch me move
    vCash
    Thank you!! Will look at this tomorrow for sure.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast