Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    vCash
    Since they haven't said anything, they are probably home and will probably watch SA live on IN like the rest of us. Jenny will attempt to give a serious analysis of the competition and Dave will try to work Michelle Kwan into his posts as much as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Jenny & Dave went to the Salt Lake event because they received a donation from a supporter for that purpose. And also, because many top-tier U.S. skaters were premiering their programs at Salt Lake. I'm pretty sure they never announced any intention of going to Skate America, either before or after the credentialing issue happened. They don't have the money yet to travel to every event.

But they've been very active since Salt Lake in adding new content to TSL. They're posting This 'n That every week, and new interviews, and there's even a book club going. And, for those who think TSL is all gossip and no substance, I strongly encourage you to check out their new series analyzing the IJS. It's really good stuff. You can find it on their website under 2013-2014 Season.
    I agree. They've definitely stepped up their content. I'm really enjoying their IJS analysis and I love that we're getting "This & That" on a consistent basis now. I'm thinking they aren't posting as many interviews b/c the skaters and coaches don't have as much free time as they did earlier in the summer...the season has begun after all.

I'm guessing they don't have the kind of funding to drop everything and fly to a skating competition so I'm not surprised they aren't there. I fully expect them to recap the SA and they may even be able to track some skaters or coaches down at some point next week for an interview. That's good enough for me. Despite a lot of the negativity thrown at them from people on this site, I think they're doing a great job and covering skating in their own way. It's a departure from the cookie cutter skating coverage provided by IN and NBC and I definitely appreciate it.

vCash
    They never expressed any intentions to go to Skate America and probably can't afford it.

vCash
    FWIW, former skating blogger Aaron Harris (Axels Loops and Spins), who wrote that piece for TSL (http://www.theskatinglesson.com/five...skate-america/), will be at Skate America. So perhaps he will be doing some tweeting/posts for them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I agree. They've definitely stepped up their content. I'm really enjoying their IJS analysis and I love that we're getting "This & That" on a consistent basis now. I'm thinking they aren't posting as many interviews b/c the skaters and coaches don't have as much free time as they did earlier in the summer...the season has begun after all.

... It's a departure from the cookie cutter skating coverage provided by IN and NBC and I definitely appreciate it.
    Yep. I wasn't able to keep up with all of their interviews over the summer, so I hope to catch the ones I missed as this season progresses. I also look forward to checking out their IJS analysis. BTW, what if any have been TSL's views on the team event in Sochi? I thought Jenny and Dave's interview with sports psychologist, Dr. Caroline Silby (May 2013) was very insightful (for skaters and fans). Here's a recent informative interview Dave posted which covers skating equipment:

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/talk...hris-bartlett/

This post by Dave is a good way of promoting the sport, educating recent fans and engaging old-timers with a walk down memory lane:

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/favo...ged-the-sport/

I also like the graphics and layout on the current version of the TSL website.

vCash
    It's hilarious to see the 180 TSL has done on Ashley Wagner ever since they interviewed her. Ashley is one smart cookie. She knew if she granted them an interview and charmed them, the tongue baths would begin and they have. It's a very high school mentality. Now they are acting like fan girls toward her. Way to go, Ashley. You know how to manipulate the "media" to your advantage!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    It's hilarious to see the 180 TSL has done on Ashley Wagner ever since they interviewed her. Ashley is one smart cookie. She knew if she granted them an interview and charmed them, the tongue baths would begin and they have. It's a very high school mentality. Now they are acting like fan girls toward her. Way to go, Ashley. You know how to manipulate the "media" to your advantage!
    You obviously missed their comments on her lp from the Japan Open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    You obviously missed their comments on her lp from the Japan Open.
    I didn't miss them. I read their comments about Japan Open and Skate America and even SLC where she wasn't even competing. They are clearly on the Wagner wagon now. I think it's great for Wagner. They were brutal toward her - until they interviewed her. Although I wish they'd try to stop making Diva Wagner happen. It's like fetch, it's not gonna happen.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930