Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Pray tell or link - what was his answer?
    I can't find it anywhere but TSL covered it in one of their "this and thats" (September 1?) He basically just used a very bad analogy, saying that athletes speaking out against Russia's laws is comparable to being a poor guest, showing up to someone's house and saying "the way you've decorated your house is ugly and I'm not coming back until you change it."

vCash
    Here's the link to the article.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I think it should be a ShibSibs production. Who would you cast in each role?
    I can't see anyone else in these roles but Brennan, Elliot, and Hersh. Dave and Jenny can share the Gyspy role with Natalie Wood close-ups.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Bravo and much applause, peibeck! Well done!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Peibeck is a freakin' genius.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

moving right along
    vCash
    Peibeck! BRAVO!!!!

vCash
    So as I'm sitting here, reading about SLC tonight, I see that TSL is headed for the exits after Chris Caluza's performance. Um, if you're going to cover an event, cover the event. Don't leave halfway through. And they wonder why they aren't taken seriously. You also had to love their shot of the empty bleachers earlier in the day where they were basically crying about "no space". I also wonder if they were removed from the press bleachers and placed on the spectator side for impersonating credentialed media, lol!!!

I also love how I'm following a reporter who has a quad counter and it is proudly still at 0 successful quads...

vCash
    Chris's skate was more than halfway through the comp.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Chris's skate was more than halfway through the comp.
    He was the next skater after Max. Their favoritism of Max is super apparent now, since REAL media will cover an entire event and not leave after a certain point. Couldn't help but notice their jabs at other skaters by saying that some of them had "very Lysacek" moments. Yeah, so apparently they still want to take shots at a guy who isn't even there.

Also, did anyone notice that Max's costume is illegal? The shirt he wore last night has no mesh across the chest in the gap of the shirt. TMZSL was VERY quick to come to that defense in saying that wasn't his real costume. Uh huh, sure, USFS probably laid down the law afterwards.

Oh yeah, 10 skaters, 0 successful quads. Again, how is a strong, clean program without a quad NOT going to beat a program with dirty quads? When we get deeper into the season with the top skaters at these shows, they should be being judged based on the execution, not the intent.
    Last edited by twizzlesizzle; 09-13-2013 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    In somewhat defense of TSL, they did mention that they were very tired. I think they only arrived at SLC that day, and it was pretty late local time by this stage.

And, um, I doubt Max's shirt is illegal. The V-neck isn't even that low.

The photos of the empty press credential area amused me. But the photos of the empty stands enraged me. To me, the empty stands would prove a case for NOT geoblocking this competition on IceNetwork.

I just can't get over that a freaking SENIOR B is geoblocked. Come on, get over your ego, USFSA!
    Last edited by misskarne; 09-13-2013 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzlesizzle View Post
    He

Oh yeah, 10 skaters, 0 successful quads. Again, how is a strong, clean program without a quad NOT going to beat a program with dirty quads? When we get deeper into the season with the top skaters at these shows, they should be being judged based on the execution, not the intent.
    They are not judged on intent they are judged on actual rotations accomplished which is a welcome change! Carriere almost won the SP but its really doubtful that the higher competition you go to you will see a similar program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    In somewhat defense of TSL, they did mention that they were very tired. I think they only arrived at SLC that day, and it was pretty late local time by this stage.

The photos of the empty press credential area amused me. But the photos of the empty stands enraged me. To me, the empty stands would prove a case for NOT geoblocking this competition on IceNetwork.

I just can't get over that a freaking SENIOR B is geoblocked. Come on, get over your ego, USFSA!
    They stated they were tired, and I get that. In their quest to bring new fans to the sport though, cover the entire thing. We're not talking 3 groups with LPs to go. There were 3 guys left at 2:50 a piece. Then today for the dance event, they seemingly blew off group 2. Btw, what's up with some of those harassing tweets coming from their TSL account during the lower dance teams? Oh yeah, and saying that V/M need to redo their short? That Max's dad is hot? The Effin 40s music in an Olympic year?

Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    They are not judged on intent they are judged on actual rotations accomplished which is a welcome change! Carriere almost won the SP but its really doubtful that the higher competition you go to you will see a similar program.
    This is where judging is so screwed up. You either do it or you don't. I don't care if you spin 8x in the air. If your hand hits the ice, it's all for not. No credit. Period. BUT, this is a USFSA show, let the inflation run rampant!!! The rest of the world will keep pace and the true scores will eventually come out.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    This is where judging is so screwed up. You either do it or you don't. I don't care if you spin 8x in the air. If your hand hits the ice, it's all for not. No credit. Period. BUT, this is a USFSA show, let the inflation run rampant!!! The rest of the world will keep pace and the true scores will eventually come out.
    According to the ISU, which creates the marking guidelines and the base scores, the judges mark quality from -3 to +3. If there are points left after they do, they have no say in the matter.

But I guess later in the season the rest of the world will score according the the Laws of Twizzlesizzle.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    In their quest to bring new fans to the sport though, cover the entire thing
    Maybe there wasn't enough space in their social schedule.

vCash
    Btw, what's up with some of those harassing tweets coming from their TSL account during the lower dance teams? Oh yeah, and saying that V/M need to redo their short? That Max's dad is hot? The Effin 40s music in an Olympic year?
    They're obviously reading the boards and have chosen to take the TMZ route, probably hoping to attract more viewers. I'm disappointed with their sudden change in direction. Maybe they are disheartened because they worked their butts off to do great interviews and their audience is still small, if one judges it based on their low YouTube counts and Twitter/FB followers. I have a real appreciation for their lengthy interviews. I look forward to them every week. Judging by her past blog and strong work ethic, Jenny has the talent and drive to establish a nice journalism career. Yet their tweets and FB posts at this competition sound like a frat party more than a reporting job. The catty Perez Hilton tone is unoriginal and so played out already. Working with your best friend may be a blast but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll do a better job. I don't think they're making much of a case to prove that the USFS was wrong to deny them a credential. Hopefully they're just having a few off-days. I am still rooting for them though.

vCash
    They are international judges. I don't think USFS can tell them how to score.

Blergh
    vCash
    I "liked" them on FB (I don't have Twitter), so I have been getting their updates. I agree with others who are saying their reporting comes off as catty and tabloid-like. However, would we expect anything else from the person who runs Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Actually, they sound like our PBP threads.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    That's true. Maybe we should all apply for a press credential and start crying when we're denied.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    But those contain analysis and factual reporting at least once in a while. I haven't looked at any of TSL's other coverage of the event, but the Twitter posts aren't even entertainingly snarky.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast