Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

vCash
    Go Jenny and Dave. I don't have any interest in labeling them. Are they journalists...are they not. Who cares! Their interviews and general banter are just so entertaining. They make me laugh. I learn a lot. I love when Jenny talks about particular skating techniques like swingy jumps that she doesn't like. Their various skater and coach interviews have been so informative and fun. I say more power to them and I'll keep tuning in. They have almost single-handedly renewed my interest in the sport of figure skating because of all the interesting personalities who have been given a public forum through TSL. I am now such an Ashley fan after getting to see her real personality on TSL. Keep going Jenny and Dave and boo to the USFS if they try stamp them out like they did pro skating. They are making skating fresh again for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    entire number
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I think this is my favorite post ever. If anyone is unfamiliar, they should youtube the song and sing along with these lyrics ASAP.
    I think it should be a ShibSibs production. Who would you cast in each role?

vCash
    entire post
    Although I tried hard not to post in this noise marketing like thread, I can't help giving this masterpiece a big hand.

INTJ
    vCash
    You are amazing, peibeck
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    I am now picturing Christine Brennan in the appropriate stripper outfit, blowing into a trumpet...

peibeck = genius!
    Touching the void.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    You are amazing, peibeck
    Haha....now I'm having visions of Jenny as Gypsy Rose Lee and Dave as Mama Rose.

vCash
    According to what TSL said, USFS didn't tell them they were unqualified, but that there wasn't enough space, so the "unqualified" arguments don't apply.
    That doesn't mean anything. If you had ever worked for an organization that handles requests for things, you would know better. Once availability (in this case space) becomes a concern, that is the answer you give, whether the person qualifies or not. You don't waste time looking at qualifications when that answer no longer matters. And you surely don't invite arguments by telling someone they don't qualify. That's the hard answer. You give that answer only if there isn't an easier reason to give.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

Was Michael Buckley given credentials for US Nationals or not? His Wikipedia article describes him as "an American Internet celebrity, comedian and vlogger. Noted for his vlog What the Buck?!, Buckley comments on popular culture events and celebrities." If he was, and he meets the criteria for credentials, I don't see why he would, and TSL wouldn't. He's hardly less snarky.
    He was credentialed to work with Icenetwork: http://buckhollywood.tumblr.com/post...figure-skating
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    That doesn't mean anything. If you had ever worked for an organization that handles requests for things, you would know better. Once availability (in this case space) becomes a concern, that is the answer you give, whether the person qualifies or not. You don't waste time looking at qualifications when that answer no longer matters. And you surely don't invite arguments by telling someone they don't qualify. That's the hard answer. You give that answer only if there isn't an easier reason to give.
    I've done exactly what you assert I haven't, for projects for a Fortune 500 company, and to assume that it always works one way is beyond silly. When done the way you say It Is Always Done, the wording can convey different messages, including neutral, giving instructions on how to (possibly) get a different answer next time, information on why this time was different than in the past and whether this time is an exception, etc.

In case you're having trouble with reading comprehension or understanding context, my statement was in response to pages of analysis on why Kirk and Lease were rejected *because are not qualified*, when the answer they were given was that there was no space. There's neither evidence that there was no space, nor evidence that there was space, but USFS took the easy way out and rejected them with a false reason. Since USFS did not tell them they were not qualified, there's no evidence that USFS determined they were unqualified.

All we know for sure is that they said they were rejected because of space, that they asked people to protest on their behalf, and that they claim to have been contacted by professional media who've also been rejected by USFS, with no detail about the who, when, or why.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    He was credentialed to work with Icenetwork: http://buckhollywood.tumblr.com/post...figure-skating
    That puts him in the same category as anyone else who is sent by a major news outlet that is responsible for deciding the eligibility of those they chose to send. While their individual credentials may be more robust than Buckley's, TSL is not a major news outlet, let alone a major USFS partner, that gets to be the decider.

Thanks for the info, Jayar.

BTW, that's a stellar credentials photo.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 09-06-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Peibeck: Amazing post!!!

"I could star in "Cocoon"
    But still write for the "Tribune!"

(Totally needed that laugh after flinging blue nail polish all over my bathroom this morning ... )

O-

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    I am now picturing Christine Brennan in the appropriate stripper outfit, blowing into a trumpet...

peibeck = genius!
    and I now need brain bleach!

brilliant peibeck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    Go Jenny and Dave. I don't have any interest in labeling them. Are they journalists...are they not. Who cares!
    The people who issue press credentials for skating events might care.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    (With apologies to Stephen Sondheim!)
    Are you kidding? Sondheim would be green with envy! Bravo!!!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    to assume that it always works one way is beyond silly. When done the way you say It Is Always Done
    In case you're having trouble with reading comprehension
    I don't see "always" anywhere in my post and there is no call for you to get nasty and insulting.

All we know for sure is that they said they were rejected because of space... have been contacted by professional media who've also been rejected by USFS.
    To me, this makes it even harder to see this as any sort of vendetta or meanie attitude to TSL. That numerous applications were refused for space reasons to me suggests there really is a space problem.

vCash
    peibeck is perfection.

vCash
    Piebeck is a !!!!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post

peibeck = genius!
    Two litres of brain-bleach to go, please.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    To me, this makes it even harder to see this as any sort of vendetta or meanie attitude to TSL. That numerous applications were refused for space reasons to me suggests there really is a space problem.
    That might be true if they were only talking about SLC, but they weren't.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Jenny and David need to stop whining if they want to be taken seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zschultz1986 View Post
    Jeremy Abbott DID give an inane and "foot in mouth" answer to the anti-gay Russia laws. I see no problems with what TSL said in regards to him or that response, but they DID go on to say that if the USFSA hung him out to dry, as they have before. They assigned proper blame all around, IMO.
    Pray tell or link - what was his answer?

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast