Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    How come everyone hates Team YouTube?
    I like them, too. I like most teams, don't think I've ever HATED a team. What I hate is the casting choices that are made. Casting people who are susceptible to injury, people who can't deal with the TINIEST bit of stress, casting a "wide-range of people" every single time. I think it would be amazing if they focussed on a whole cast with similarities...professional athletes/racers would be amazing because it would up the stress level and up the competition factor. It would be intense...and amazing. Or maybe six "geniuses" teams versus six "jock" teams. That would be cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Kicking myself. My apologies to everyone upset by my post.
    Accepted. (((merrywidow)))
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Pinky and No Brain just need to hand over the Express Pass. It's like it's sucking energy from them.

And it would be hilarious if they got eliminated because they didn't give it away. Or didn't use their own.

eta1: Pinky "I'm nice to everyone." Sadly, I think she does believe this.

eta2: These tasks seem totally unequal. The hammer one seems way more difficult.
    Last edited by PrincessLeppard; 10-21-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    This whole leg is tough, but the Beards are rocking it so far.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Beards!! This leg was made for them! I hope they come in first tonight.
    I feel bad for Oklahoma and the Baseball wives, they picked the hard challenge.

vCash
    So glad to see the Beards get first so far this leg. I like them more and more.

the hammer challenge seemed so much more difficult... can't believe every team didn't figure this out right away.

vCash

Go Beards!

ETA: TO BE CONTINUED??? ARE YOU FCUKING KIDDING ME????

at Fish Heads.

vCash
    Beards into first!! And they're still racing, poor teams in the back of the pack might drop from exhaustion.

vCash
    Loved seeing Norway and it was crazy to think that the racing was taking place at 3am!!

That was nice of the Oklahoma guys to help the blondes out with getting their truck going in the right direction. I wonder if I'd be that nice if I was ever on. I might be like "too bad you can't drive stick" and go on my merry way.

vCash
    I just saw that tonights episode was called "Beards in the Wind".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Loved seeing Norway and it was crazy to think that the racing was taking place at 3am!!

That was nice of the Oklahoma guys to help the blondes out with getting their truck going in the right direction. I wonder if I'd be that nice if I was ever on. I might be like "too bad you can't drive stick" and go on my merry way.
    I'm still wondering why people don't learn to drive a stick shift before the race. My sister and I both learned how to drive on one because my father was in the auto repair field, but it always shocks me that people aren't prepared. Maybe I'm the dummy. Who knows?

I wish that Pinky would lose that damn Express Pass already. Or somebody would just beat her ass and just take it. She is totally and completely obnoxious. I pray her elimination is really soon.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Dang I was so hoping they would get kicked when they didn't pick up that slip telling them where they were supposed to go! Curses on that freaking continue racing leg! At this point, since they know they are lost and have no clue where to go, they will either just follow someone, or they will probably use their Pass, and we'll be stuck with them further.

If they follow someone to find out where to go, will they get any kind of penalty for not picking up that slip with the boat on it (like maybe they have to go back and get it please please please)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    eta1: Pinky "I'm nice to everyone." Sadly, I think she does believe this..
    I about choked to death on my Coke when she said that! And I totally agree with you too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    If they follow someone to find out where to go, will they get any kind of penalty for not picking up that slip with the boat on it (like maybe they have to go back and get it please please please)?
    In the past, Phil has sent folks back for missing items. They have to keep all their clues with them, so this would be an excellent excuse to put them at the back of the pack, even if they use the EP
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    The "can't drive a stick" line - always said in tones of Deep Surprise - always makes me snort. After all these seasons, people haven't figured out that the two skills you need to perfect BEFORE you sign up for the show are map-reading (in any language) and driving a standard-shift vehicle don't deserve help from anyone. The OK guys were nice to help the dodos but the guys had to know that even with help, the girls were way behind them. I like the Beards the best so far, just for their attitudes and the fact that they're taking a few seconds to admire the countries they're in and really seem to be enjoying themselves. I think this episode also showed that manual-labor life-skills are important to have.

I'm also guessing that the other teams must really dislike the Express Pass couple since no one seemed inclined to tip them off to the flagged pole situation. I nearly cheered when the Beards flipped them off on the fish road and I did cheer when LadyDoc refused to give up a hint with getting the EP in hand first. I don't really care for the Baseball Wives (they seem kind of dumb) but I'd still like to see them somehow come in ahead of the EP Couple, just for spite.

Which has me thinking: can they use the EP themselves when they're not facing a challenge or a roadblock? If they're really lost and just driving around without a clue, say? I wouldn't think so, because how would they know where to go next? But I'm wondering if they can just announce to their film crew that they're using the EP NOW and get the next location then and there.
    I personally think it would be hysterical if they get eliminated holding both EPs because they were too tight-fisted to use one and give up the other.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I wondered why they didn't say, "we'll help you...AFTER we have completed this task". If they had helped them and then something went wrong for them and Ally & Ashley had no problems, then they would have helped somebody beat them. A nice move for Tim and Danny...but a stupid one.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I agree, the Oklahoma guys were nice but stupid, I couldn't believe they were helping the girls get ahead of them! And even though I can't drive stick myself, I still think it is insane that people go on the race not knowing how to do it. There was one team back in Romber's first season who I can somewhat excuse (I'm sketchy on the details but I recall one team member could drive stick but the non-stick driving teammate ended up having to do it in a roadblock) but these teams where neither of them can do it and they clearly haven't practiced just kill me.

Pretty good episode overall, I loved the Beards mocking Marie after the detour and how excited they were to be still racing. Good foreshadowing early in the episode with Nicole talking about being good at wheeling and dealing and then having her haggle with Marie for the Express Pass before giving information. The funny thing is that if Marie hadn't yanking everyone's chain all along about the Pass, she probably would have had people a lot more willing to help her for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    Which has me thinking: can they use the EP themselves when they're not facing a challenge or a roadblock? If they're really lost and just driving around without a clue, say? I wouldn't think so, because how would they know where to go next? But I'm wondering if they can just announce to their film crew that they're using the EP NOW and get the next location then and there.
    I personally think it would be hysterical if they get eliminated holding both EPs because they were too tight-fisted to use one and give up the other.
    I believe you can use it only to skip a road block or a task. I don't think they can use it right now.

vCash
    My favorite line of the whole thing "Why is this happening to me, I'm nice to everyone."

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ok, I missed the first few eps and kept thinking I would wait until I had a chance to catch up on old eps, but I finally had to admit that's never happening, so last night was my first view of the season.

Team Duck Dynasty (the beards) was great! I can see them easily tilting over into smug bastards, but that was a great leg for them I even loved their enthusiasm on hearing they were still racing ("Are we? Great! Let's go!!").

Went from liking Pinky & the No Brain in the first 5 min to loathing them power hungry much? LOVED She-Doc playing hardball about helping them. ER Docs are a favorite team as of now. And what has happened between Pinky and the Ice Chix and whoever that boy team that is often with the Ices? Is Pinky just an all-out bitch or is there a reason for her taunting?

Re: stick shift - it came across to me that the team had learned to drive stick (probably for the race) but they weren't very good at it, and just couldn't get it into reverse. It was perhaps foolhardy for the guys to help them, but if you're not fighting to stay out of last and it's mid-race, a little por favor-ing isn't necessarily a bad idea. But it does seem nuts to not have at least one person on your team who is an experienced stick driver.

Fish Heads song at the end of the ep Oh, how I love this show
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Is Pinky just an all-out bitch or is there a reason for her taunting?
    She's just an all-out bitch.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast