Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I'd still be at that singing detour. It sounded like they expected them to hit notes (the Dr. guy said something about starting at a lower octave so he could).
    I don't think they really expected them to hit the notes or Nikki would not have gotten through on her second try. I think that the timing was more critical in terms of musicality, along with pronunciation. I think that Travis having to sing in the lower octave was more his own imposition/comfort level rather than having to hit the notes to make it through.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Amy was a total rock star on the task, as the only one to get through on her first try.

vCash
    Is she the one whose father is Czech; and speaks German?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Is she the one whose father is Czech; and speaks German?
    I don't think so...that's either Nicky or Kim, I think...one of the baseball wives. The singer from that team also didn't take long to complete the challenge.

Amy is with Jason, the team from Massachusetts**, that had their cab stolen by Tim and Marie. In past legs, I believe that Amy has spoken Spanish and Portuguese (maybe).

EDIT: He's from Massachusetts, she's from Rhode Island.

EDIT2: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-ama...nna-austria/3/

Ally loves performing, but is "actually extremely bad" at trying to speak other languages, while Nicky can pick up the language (she has a German-speaking, Czech dad) but, as partner Kim points out in a giggle fit, is like Cameron Diaz in My Best Friend's Wedding -- the hot girl who cannot sing. During Nicky's practice session, the camera randomly zooms in on a shirtless guy mowing the lawns outside. No! Not the edelweiss! I'm disappointed when this fellow never reappears during the leg after this triumphant cameo.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 11-05-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Was Oklahoma's butt crack that bad that it had to be mosaiced?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    TAR starts at 8:46 eastern time.

vCash
    Just started here! The Ice Girls can't pronounce Abu Dhabi. Le sigh.

vCash
    Both sides of the detour look complicated. I'm glad both are being done. We hear the zither of doom with the Afghanimals missing a table of dates to use.

Keep fighting Pinky and No Brain!! They really should be ambassadors for world peace.

vCash
    Travis and Nicole: This is the perfect situation to use the Express pass. The task sucks, it's hot and the other teams will be exhausted when it's all over.

vCash
    You know Travis wants to scream. I'm impressed that they aren't yelling at each other.

vCash
    I love the guy who pulls down their visor when they get the answer wrong. I love that he cut Ally off mid OMG.

vCash
    Argh, if the Bunnies had waited to place the other dates that they found and no one else did until the very end, we may have been spared of the Assghanimals from being huge douches for the whole episode and winning the leg.

Not many teams I like that are left.. like both the F/F teams, so it was sad to see them both at the bottom of this leg. Happy it was a NEL -- pretty much expected since it wasn't last week. Jason & Amy are alright, they don't fight with each other much and have been super steady all season long. They can win and I won't pitch a fit.

There's something about Travis & Nicole that bugs me and I can't pinpoint it. They aren't annoying, but they're not super exciting. But they're hanging in there with the younger teams, so more power to them.

No comment on Pinky & the Brainless. I am just going to pretend they don't exist anymore. My opening sentence should sum up my opinion of Leo & Jamal.

Yay more Abu Dubai next episode!

vCash
    Is there no Roadblock penalty for finishing last in a NEL? I noticed that Phil didn't mention an additional task for the Bunnies.

vCash
    Perhaps that will be a "surprise" at the beginning of the next episode..

vCash
    delete glitch
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 11-11-2013 at 03:54 PM.

vCash
    delete glitch
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 11-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Will that be a "surprise"?

vCash
    delete glitch
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 11-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    At the beginning of the next episode?

vCash
    For some reason my brain clicked off last night and I forgot TAR was on. Luckily I was able to find a US channel that was showing it at a skewed time because of the football, so I caught it from the end of the dates task.

Abu Dhabi... cannot believe they got to drop down and then do a race car task. Being a huge fan of swinging from heights and being an F1 fan, the combination of 2 of my favourite things would've been a dream come true!!! The sight of that course just made me melt like butter... I was PML at some of them missing the lap record holder because that was one of the times I would have known the answer right away, LOL.

Glad it was a NE round...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Travis and Nicole: This is the perfect situation to use the Express pass. The task sucks, it's hot and the other teams will be exhausted when it's all over.
    Uh-oh. Your partnership standing just took a dip. They stuck with it and came in third out of six teams. They played it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Argh, if the Bunnies had waited to place the other dates that they found and no one else did until the very end, we may have been spared of the Assghanimals from being huge douches for the whole episode and winning the leg.
    I've actually warmed up to Leo and Jamal. Sure they're over the top, but they seem like they're really happy to get to be doing this race and rarely (if ever?) complain about much. Unlike most of the other teams. They're one of the more positive teams in recent memory for me.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast