Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Both of those tasks sucked....especially since it was probably about 120 with the heat. Yikes! I probably would have done the nets too though. All those different dates would have drove me crazy.

I don't know how they picked up those times and names on those cards when driving that lap. The car was going so fast I don't know how they could even read the signs. As simple as that seems, that would have taken me several trips around the loop to finally catch the right one.

Kind of anti=climatic since it had to be a NEL since there have been none at this point. Can't wait for the Double U-Turn next week. Please please PLEASE somebody U-Turn Pinky and No Brain!! Just to hear her explode about how unfair it was that she got U-Turned because she's so nice to everyone an all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Uh-oh. Your partnership standing just took a dip. They stuck with it and came in third out of six teams. They played it right.
    Yeah, they did okay, but I wouldn't have blamed them for using it. And I think it would give them an advantage. Of course, with a Double U turn coming up next week, it's probably good to hold that sucker in reserve.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    The tasks both sucked this week. I would have been crap at both. And summer in Abu Dhabi looks delightful.

What was the point of rappelling into the F1 car though?

Bawston came across as an asshole for getting all offended about the abbaya.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Bawston came across as an asshole for getting all offended about the abbaya.
    Agree, 100%. Racers should be prepared to visit holy sites, be they Christian or Islamic. As soon as I tore open the clue, I would have been looking to cover my arms and legs and find my scarf.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    The one thing that was pointed out at another site was that only female teams were -slowed down- by needing to wear the abbaya (it didn't look like just having their arms/legs/head covered was sufficient, they had to wear that specifically. (Because they were all in sleeves and pants the whole leg; and in the past multiple women have had scarves, so one of them likely had one)

Since the last female team missed the boat by about 10 seconds; the 1-3 minutes to go grab it and put it on, then take it off and return it, actually did affect them. Now, every team except one had females on it, so not a huge deal; but the Afghananimals didn't have to stop because of this restriction.

vCash
    I read that argument elsewhere and I think it's crap. If the baseball wives had any sort of urgency, they would've made that boat. They were also ahead for a bit on the date challenge, but then fell behind. The 30 seconds it took to put on abaya was not why they missed the boat.

And Leo and Jamal were ahead of everyone anyway, by virtue of being on an earlier flight.

vCash
    Other than rooting for Tim and Marie to be gone, I have no real feelings for any of the teams. I am enjoying the show for the scenery and tasks. But the competitors this time - I know I will not remember them in the next year or so. Only the NFL team really kept my attention.
    Marie is just a vile person. And Tim for putting up with her - don't think much of him.
    That Mosque was just gorgeous!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    The one thing that was pointed out at another site was that only female teams were -slowed down- by needing to wear the abbaya (it didn't look like just having their arms/legs/head covered was sufficient, they had to wear that specifically. (Because they were all in sleeves and pants the whole leg; and in the past multiple women have had scarves, so one of them likely had one)

Since the last female team missed the boat by about 10 seconds; the 1-3 minutes to go grab it and put it on, then take it off and return it, actually did affect them. Now, every team except one had females on it, so not a huge deal; but the Afghananimals didn't have to stop because of this restriction.
    I believe some of the challenges or pitstops are timed so that teams HAVE to remain at that spot for 30 or 60 minutes or whatever. The Auschwitz camp from a few years back is one example that really stands out to me. The teams all take their time because they know they can't leave that spot for the assigned time. The producers would never let teams run and scream their way through these kinds of places.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    TAR 24 has started and it is another All Stars season.

Casting has made some last minute changes to the teams so for those that want to know who the 12 teams that were spotted at the airport racing, I'll put the list in spoiler tags. There is a team from this season so if you don't want to know who it is, don't click on the tag as I don't want to ruin it for you.

Spoiler

vCash
    Huh. That was not the team from this season that I saw in other spoilers. Interesting. I will say no more.

Also, you shouldn't be allowed a third time, imho. At least until it's moi running it for the third time.

vCash
    I don't mind 3 times racing. I mind when they don't include huge favorites (reportedly bumped) for a team I really dislike (last on the list!) Actually there are a number of huge annoyances on that list. Grrr...

vCash
    Generic couple team's boy has his Boston accent emerge. Apparently it comes out when cars are involved.

vCash
    That code task before they even got started wasn't as hard for teams as I thought it might be.

at Travis and Nicole using the U-Turn to punish the Afghanimals for lying to them. Totally unnecessary to the game.
    Last edited by shan; 11-18-2013 at 01:20 AM.

vCash
    Wow. U-Turning Jamal and Leo for telling a lie? When Pinky and No Brain stole a cab? But I've heard the teams don't get to mingle very much, so maybe they don't know.

I also wouldn't have used my Express Pass at that point. I still think they should've used it last week, although it all worked out.

eta: OMG this camel task

vCash
    If someone says "my camel is broke" I will root for them for the rest of the season.

(((camels)))

vCash
    Leo and Jamal didn't u turn anyone? Did the rule change or was that just dumb?

Edit never mind they used theirs alresdy

vCash
    I love that Pinky and partner are lost. I'm sure they'll prevail in the end, but still. It's amusing.

vCash
    at Pinky and No Brain running around lost.

vCash
    Um, that wall wasn't that high. Just jump, bunny. Jaysus.

vCash
    Goodbye bunnies.

That was one of the more challenging speed bumps.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast