Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VMAs

vCash
    The one song that really creeps me out and seems "rape-y" to me is Enrique Iglesias' "Tonight (I'm F*cking You)" (or Loving You in the censored version). Even if she does "want" him like he thinks she does in the song, what if she didn't feel like it that night? Also, the fact that he states as something HE is going to do to HER, rather than something they would do together adds to the sleaziness.

On topic, I didn't watch the VMAs and from the few pictures and very brief clips I've seen have no desire to watch Miley's "performance."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Robin Thicke himself has said that the inspiration for the song was the vibe of old men catcalling girls passing by.
    Eh, that song and video are far beyond catcalling, which in itself a lot of women say they don't like. Weird reasoning this guy has:

We tried to do everything that was taboo. Bestiality, drug injections, and everything that is completely derogatory towards women. Because all three of us are happily married with children, we were like, "We're the perfect guys to make fun of this."
    Does being married with kids somehow confer a status that makes perving on younger women somehow less pervy?

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    There's an article on Yahoo today about how the inventor of the foam finger does not approve of the way it was befouled by Billy Ray's bundle of joy. He thinks, however, that the foam finger will perservere and triumph over these dark days in what has been an otherwise meaningful life. You're not alone, PL. You're not alone.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    We tried to do everything that was taboo. Bestiality, drug injections, and everything that is completely derogatory towards women. Because all three of us are happily married with children, we were like, "We're the perfect guys to make fun of this."
    Good fun! Party at the Thicke's house. Bring the kids. Just look for the dude who is 100% Thicke.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The foam finger will be fine! An antibiotic or two should do the trick.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    The Foam Finger Went To Miley's Crack And All It Got Was This Lousy Clap

(My apologies to Freddy for ripping off his best PBP thread title)
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    This has been all about Miley Cyrus and Mr. Thicke. But -

Book Ends of the show - I enjoyed Lady Gaga; at least she tries to entertain the audience with a catchy rhythm, and I think she's got a good set of pipes for a pop star. Katy Perry - nothing against her but meh. I guess that means something: I just don't feel anything when she sings or performs; no hook to pull me in.

Slim pickings. As a teen of the 80s, is this all the VMA's have to offer nowadays ? I shudder in considering my mortality to think Justin Timberlake is an elder spokesperson for VMAs

vCash
    I was thinking back on some of the better VMA performances. My favorite is, naturally, Def Leppard in 1989, when they did "Tear it Down."

It was Steve Clark's last performance with the band.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Katy Perry - nothing against her but meh. I guess that means something: I just don't feel anything when she sings or performs; no hook to pull me in.
    I think this current song isn't as catchy as almost anything on her last album. But if you want a Katy Perry performance that will make you feel something, watch this, just bring tissues. Also, I realize that the feels don't come from Katy herself, and I'm sure she'd agree, but it's definitely worth watching.

vCash
    Well apparently Robin Thicke gets his talent from his dad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQ4ZuiSh8A

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Miley Cyrus' album is available to stream for free on iTunes and is for sale in a little over a week. It is seriously good. Some of the songs are a little different than my usual tastes but I think she is staying very current while rooted deeply in pop music and culture. Some of the songs are just really really good. The worst song on the entire album is the title track which features Britney Spears, oddly enough. I guess she wanted it just for the publicity it would attract and the fanbase Britney Spears brings. Her vocals are seriously impressive. I think this could garner Grammy nominations, at least in the Pop category for album and Wrecking Ball could get nominations as well.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    But it's called bangerz so i cannot stop

Prick Admin
    vCash

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Are there any bonus tracks on the album that are mash-related?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345