Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VMAs

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    And today a new track released between Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus called...wait for it...TWERK! I kid you not.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Okay, I'm not positive about the teddy bears, but this is the explanation I got on a homeschooling message board: apparently there is a subculture of people who like to dress up in furry stuffed toy-like costumes, get together, role play, and go to conventions. One of the ladies stated that her husband stayed in a hotel where there was a "fuzzie" convention and people were all over the hotel dressed up in their fuzzy costumes, and having sex all over the hotel, in the elevators, corridors, wherever they could. :what:

That's the homeschoolers' take on the bears, anyways...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

vCash
    I didn't watch the VMA's and don't really care to (ahhhh the ripe old age of 37, I am) but I've seen pictures of Miley's performance on facebook. I will reiterate what I wrote on a friend's photo post: "Now I need to bleach my eyes!" OYE!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Okay, I'm not positive about the teddy bears, but this is the explanation I got on a homeschooling message board: apparently there is a subculture of people who like to dress up in furry stuffed toy-like costumes, get together, role play, and go to conventions. One of the ladies stated that her husband stayed in a hotel where there was a "fuzzie" convention and people were all over the hotel dressed up in their fuzzy costumes, and having sex all over the hotel, in the elevators, corridors, wherever they could. :what:

Actually, there was a CSI episode where a murder was committed at one of these conventions. It was many years ago, and in Vegas. I remember it! I thought that was SO weird!!!! I can handle people in science fiction costuming, but teddy bears??? I suppose you can be truly anonymous in that outfit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    And today a new track released between Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus called...wait for it...TWERK! I kid you not.
    Yeah. The Bieber freaks in my home room played it for me today. It's as craptacular as you are imagining it is....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Yeah. The Bieber freaks in my home room played it for me today. It's as craptacular as you are imagining it is....
    Oh c'mon, those are some brilliant lyrics there: ""I came up in this party time to twerk!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Remember that time on Who's the Boss when Tony’s grandfather wanted to be a US citizen but missed the ceremony and died, so Tony got it for him posthumously, and it was a Very Special Episode and for the past 25 years you believed that America's so awesome? Thicke and Cyrus twerked that pride right out of the entire nation.
    That is truly the most random reference ever!
    However, it is very apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post

Actually, they're called furries and there are entire subcultures dedicated to plushophilia and erotic anthropomorphic art. I've known some interesting people in my life ...

In any case, I don't think that's what Miley et al were considering when they came up with that stage show, I think they just thought they were being edgy. I think the stuffed bears were less disturbing than the random woman whose butt she was groping.
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 08-29-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Beach Bum
    vCash

I am more traumatized by what she did with the foam finger. I sell foam fingers at my job at the baseball stadium. I'm not sure I can look at them in the same way again.
    I already had a foam finger phobia and now I can't even look at them. And I have baseball tickets 4 times in a week coming up.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    So I watched the video for her song and given that, I guess we shouldn't have been that surprised at the VMA performance. Not quite as much tongue wagging but still pretty bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    That is truly the most random reference ever!
    However, it is very apt.
    Cyrus and Thicke have proven that our tattered nation needs a unifying event that the likes of Teddy Roosevelt could have waged. Maybe some new national parks would work. Yes, that's it. That tongue of Cyrus was a rallying cry to open new plains for the buffalo to roam.

vCash
    Honestly I thought Miley was going to shove a dildo up her butt next to one of those bears, and then take a crap all over the audience. That is how gross I thought she was. If that is the mood she was going for, it worked. Say what you want about Britney, but the two don't even compare. She looked like a total desperate dope.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I don't think Robin Thicke's song blurred lines is a rape like song.
    Blurred Lines lyrics

Which include:

OK now he was close, tried to domesticate you
    But you're an animal, baby, it's in your nature
    Just let me liberate you
    And that's why I'm gon' take a good girl
    I know you want it
    Talk about getting blasted
    I hate these blurred lines
    I know you want it
    I know you want it
    I know you want it
    What do they make dreams for
    When you got them jeans on
    What do we need steam for
    You the hottest bitch in this place
    I feel so lucky
    Hey, hey, hey
    You wanna hug me
    Hey, hey, hey
    What rhymes with hug me?

One thing I ask of you
    Let me be the one you back that ass to
    Go, from Malibu, to Paris, boo
    Yeah, I had a bitch, but she ain't bad as you
    So hit me up when you passing through
    I'll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two
    He don't smack that ass and pull your hair like that
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    You left out the best part!

Baby can you breathe? I got this from Jamaica
    It always works for me, Dakota to Decatur, uh huh

vCash
    I don't think the song is so much about "blurred lines" (though he is trying to get her high to lower her inhibitions) as much as it about society's attitudes towards women who like sex, and more than just vanilla sex. Like, "hey, baby, I know society will judge you for wanting to get freaky, but I'm totally cool with that and won't slut-shame you."

But that's harder to rap about than "blurred lines."

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I don't think the song is so much about "blurred lines" (though he is trying to get her high to lower her inhibitions) as much as it about society's attitudes towards women who like sex, and more than just vanilla sex. Like, "hey, baby, I know society will judge you for wanting to get freaky, but I'm totally cool with that and won't slut-shame you."
    Why, that's almost prophetic.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    "as long as you don't hump a teddy bear with a foam finger, because, baby, that's even too weird for me."

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    You just have foam finger issues.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash

But that's harder to rap about than "blurred lines."
    So, in the video, when she has a stop sign sticking out of her butt, he's saying that he's totally cool with the fact that she wants to get freaky and that she is saying no to plain vanilla sex?

I didn't see it that way. I definitely didn't see it as society's attitude's about women who just want "vanilla sex." I interpreted about what he thinks a woman really wants when she says she just wants vanilla sex. "You know you want it" or "she wanted it" are lines men often say when women really don't want it. I can totally understand why people find the lyrics to be about rape or at least reflecting the kinds of attitudes that might lead to rape.

Robin Thicke himself has said that the inspiration for the song was the vibe of old men catcalling girls passing by. (I don't think he thought those girls really wanted those old men.) He also said that the video was designed not only to include bestiality and drugs, but everything that is completely degrading to women. He said he thought it would be fun.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/201...mar-mercy.html

vCash
    I haven't seen the video. I'm just going by the lyrics as I interpret them. Others may see it differently. It's. cool.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's. cool.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast