Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VMAs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    You're quoting tmz's sources?
    Even if TMZ is incorrect in this case, she's been all over television claiming that she is cool with her skeezer-hubby's video. So, the original point stands.

vCash
    nm
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Even if TMZ is incorrect in this case, she's been all over television claiming that she is cool with her skeezer-hubby's video. So, the original point stands.
    Again, how do you know she was okay with IT ALL as you stated? However, I'm interested to know what behavior in the unrated version of the video lead you to believe that the nudity in the video was different than any other nudity in movie or tv show that other actors do?

Also, Diane Martel directed both Blurred Lines and Cyrus' We Won't Stop Videos.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    prancer, thank you for making it like school
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    prancer, thank you for making it like school
    You're welcome.

And just for you, here's a whole lot more than you ever wanted to know about twerking: http://mentalfloss.com/article/51365...rigin-twerking

There will be a quiz in Friday. Please don't waste my time or yours by not studying.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    oh i'm ahead of you there. i studied it on coursera. i know what it is and that miley isnt doing it right.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

VMAs

You're quoting tmz's sources? I don't put much salt into what tabloid bloggers state as " a source close to...". The majority of stuff written about people is false and this I know from personal experience.
    TMZ is actually very reliable. They won't print anything they aren't sure of. They often break news first a d report things first and they are almost always right on the money. They are not a tabloid, they are a news outlet focusing on celebrities.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I'm surprised that Robin Thicke hasn't been criticized more for the VMAs. I saw his mother on tv being critical of Miley, but she had nothing bad to say about her son and I just rolled my eyes. People definitely have been critical of his video and the song lyrics, though. But, I think they wanted that. They knew that the video was going to be controversial and that the original video wasn't going to be allowed on tv. I saw an interview with Robin where he basically said that and that they already had planned to also do the one they could show on tv. Controversy gets publicity. I don't care for the video or the song, and I'm sure you can see better sleazy nude dancing elsewhere. And Robin certainly is not the first guy to publicly brag about the size of his privates. Not sure if the use of animals is as common though. The song and video are crass, but some people like crass.

His wife has repeatedly said she likes the videos. I guess that, as long as it's making them money and he comes home to domesticate her and blow smoke in her face, she's good with it.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    oh i'm ahead of you there. i studied it on coursera. i know what it is and that miley isnt doing it right.
    Ah. You're THAT student.

Very well, then. I will expect great things from you.

vCash
    I'm interested to know what behavior in the unrated version of the video lead you to believe that the nudity in the video was different than any other nudity in movie or tv show that other actors do?

Also, Diane Martel directed both Blurred Lines and Cyrus' We Won't Stop Videos.
    Yes, it's common knowledge that a woman directed Blurred Lines. Simps make that point after they try to pretend that the concerns about the plagiarized‎ shlock in Blurred Lines is about nudity. I guess it's supposed to be impressive that a woman's name is attached to this suckdom, but Cyrus has demonstrated that the lack of a male appendage doesn't keep a person from acting like one.
    Last edited by heckles; 08-28-2013 at 06:07 AM.

vCash
    With regards to the teddy bears, I thought they were supposed to be evoking or paying homage to Ted, from the movie Ted? I could be wrong though; that's a section of pop culture that I don't care to keep up on.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I think Miley herself has always been fairly trashy and raunchy so this isn't a surprise. What is a surprise is that anyone would still think she was a good role model in the moral sense. She's been photographed without a top (albeit covered) and having physical time with her boyfriend since she was quite young. I do agree that the constant tongue gyrations are worse than the outfit and the bumping and not-so-sexy grinding. But if you are looking for a role model for someone who wants to make a ton of money young and manage to stay in the public eye despite controversy, maybe she is a great role model.

Robin Thicke is trashy too. His song has a catchy tune with sleazy lyrics. Trash meet trash - no loss here.

I didn't watch the VMAs, but I wouldn't think anyone would watch them looking for tasteful entertainment. Don't surprised when entertainers check Disneyland at the door.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    There will be a quiz in Friday. Please don't waste my time or yours by not studying.
    Love this! Going to steal it and use it in class tomorrow. (Albeit "quiz on Friday")

vCash
    Miley needs a tongue scraper.

"Twerking" is a universal and fairly ancient stripper move that has nothing to do with anyone's "culture", unless your culture is the stripper culture. There are those who shove their ass in the air like a baboon in heat every damn song, and the shunners who never do it and are contemptuous of the ass-offerers.

Oh, and it is or was simply called "bending over". Shaking the ass was optional depending on the mood and sobriety of the bend over-er.

Miley is unfortunately not terribly sexy, and I thought she was having a stroke with all that crazy tongue action. She does have a great set of legs, however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Oh, and it is or was simply called "bending over".
    Or, "Regrettable Decisions at Freshman Orientation."

vCash
    "Twerking" is a universal and fairly ancient stripper move that has nothing to do with anyone's "culture", unless your culture is the stripper culture. There are those who shove their ass in the air like a baboon in heat every damn song, and the shunners who never do it and are contemptuous of the ass-offerers.
    You did not read Prancer's article, so you have failed. Please report promptly at 9 am to Saturday school for remediation.

I am more traumatized by what she did with the foam finger. I sell foam fingers at my job at the baseball stadium. I'm not sure I can look at them in the same way again.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Miley needs a tongue scraper.

!!!!!

since she insists people look at it, she should at least maintain it

vCash
    The tongue lolling out of her mouth was one of the least sexy moves I can think of -- it looked either like she was desperately hot, or dying of thirst. Neither of which says sexy to me.

On the fashion front: Taylor Swift would have looked perfect on the red carpet for the Oscars. Selena Gomez's dress seemed appropriately edgy, and Rhianna looked like she'd forgotten what time it was and just ran out the door in her slouch-around clothes. And Miley looked like she'd hooked up with the giant bedazzler before hitting the red carpet. And poor Justin Timberlake is still looking for his bowling team. (Mr. GQ is either going to inspire a really depressing trend for guys or find these pictures as tough to see in ten years as his denim cowboy one looks now.)

vCash
    The tongue lolling out of her mouth was one of the least sexy moves I can think of -- it looked either like she was desperately hot, or dying of thirst.
    Remember that time on Who's the Boss when Tony’s grandfather wanted to be a US citizen but missed the ceremony and died, so Tony got it for him posthumously, and it was a Very Special Episode and for the past 25 years you believed that America's so awesome? Thicke and Cyrus twerked that pride right out of the entire nation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast