View Poll Results: Which lady had weakest overall average level competiion while on top in primes

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anett Pootosh

27 13.78%
  • Michelle Kwan

51 26.02%
  • Kim Yu Na

16 8.16%
  • Irina Slutskaya

6 3.06%
  • Rosalynn Summer

11 5.61%
  • Katarina Witt

5 2.55%
  • Kristi Yamaguchi

2 1.02%
  • Midori Ito

2 1.02%
  • Oksana Baiul

37 18.88%
  • Dorothy Hamill

15 7.65%
  • Peggy Fleming

16 8.16%
  • Trixi Schubert

8 4.08%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which lady had weakest competition during time on top

Which great female skater had the weakest overall average competition through their careers, especialy their prime years. My choice would be Anett Pootesh who was on top during a weak era with no many great skaters I thought.

vCash
    The people who voted for MK .... Um... did they understand the question being asked? Michelle had fierce competitions with the likes of Chen Lu, Irina , Maria, Sasha, Tara and Sarah, among others.

My vote is for Fratianne and Annett. Maybe Dorothy also, since DeLeew and Christina Errath were weaker free skaters than Dorothy.

vCash
    If the thread starter means Annett Poetzsch then her for sure. I have often said the 1977-1982 period was the most dire time ever for womens skating, although the 1982 Worlds in its direness produced massive excitement all the same. There were actually some skaters great to watch in the late 70s like Watanabe, Biellmann, Vodorezova, Marie Allen, Burge, Lenz, and many others but for a host of various possible reasons they werent ever competitive for medals other than Watanabe and Biellmann a bronze on occasion. Competitions for medals boiled down to battles between 3 completely mediocre women- Annett, Linda Fratianezzzz, and Dagmar Lurzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohashibiles View Post
    Which great female skater had the weakest overall average competition through their careers, especialy their prime years. My choice would be [I]Anett Pootesh [/I]who was on top during a weak era with no many great skaters I thought.
    What's with the spelling? Makes her sound like an obscure Rajput kingdom somewhere near the Himalayas, as Romanized by Kipling.

vCash
    I vote for Rosalynn Summer. Her last name is a beautiful season.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 06-01-2013 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    Trixi Schubert? I loved her Rosamunde Short Program.

ETA: Given that these ladies were all on top, would someone please send me a PM and let me know who was on bottom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The people who voted for MK .... Um... did they understand the question being asked? Michelle had fierce competitions with the likes of Chen Lu, Irina , Maria, Sasha, Tara and Sarah, among others.
    I absolutely echoe this. Totally baffled that there are people who even consider MK weak at any moment. Doesn't nine straight Worlds medals, FIVE GOLDS among them, say anything? Besides, MK executed more 7-triple LPs than most of the most fierce competitors!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It must be from those who say that MK must win every poll.

I voted for Anett Pootosh. (I don't know if that spelling is a joke or for real, but )
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    It's Anett Pötzsch.

vCash
    Out of the ones I do know (I'm too young for the Poetzsch era), Baiul.. although she wasn't on top long. But Kerrigan, Bonaly, and Sato as competition don't really compare to the people that the other 90s/00s leading ladies had to face. Well, there was also Chen for Baiul, but Chen hadn't really reached her prime yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Out of the ones I do know (I'm too young for the Poetzsch era), Baiul.. although she wasn't on top long. But Kerrigan, Bonaly, and Sato as competition don't really compare to the people that the other 90s/00s leading ladies had to face. Well, there was also Chen for Baiul, but Chen hadn't really reached her prime yet.
    But what about the Pootosh era?

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    It must be from those who say that MK must win every poll.
    I was thinking it might could be that, but I was also wondering if some psychotic Yu-Na fanatics were somehow trying to lessen Kwan's accomplishments by claiming she had no competition to try and make Yu-Na somehow seem better, which is really contradictory if that is what is happening considering how those same Yu-Na fanatics claim that Mao, Joannie, Carolina, and Miki are no competition whatsoever for Yu-Na. Freakin' DELUSIONAL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I was thinking it might could be that, but I was also wondering if some psychotic Yu-Na fanatics were somehow trying to lessen Kwan's accomplishments by claiming she had no competition to try and make Yu-Na somehow seem better. Freakin' DELUSIONAL!

her fans did something wrong to you? huh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by karlon View Post

her fans did something wrong to you? huh...
    No, reading comprehension shows that some of her fans dismiss her competitors and skating peers that came before her; they haven't done anything to me. I actually like many things about Yu-Na; her charitable spirit and her competitive nerve and jumping technique minus the loop, but nobody's perfect.

vCash
    Anyway it doesn't make sense because Kwan lost to Lipinski more times than she won against.

I must say I consider Asada, Kostner (when she is on) and Rochette tougher competition than Slutskaya, Cohen and Hughes (lol).

vCash
    I was thinking it might could be that, but I was also wondering if some psychotic Yu-Na fanatics were somehow trying to lessen Kwan's accomplishments by claiming she had no competition to try and make Yu-Na somehow seem better, which is really contradictory if that is what is happening considering how those same Yu-Na fanatics claim that Mao, Joannie, Carolina, and Miki are no competition whatsoever for Yu-Na. Freakin' DELUSIONAL!
    No, reading comprehension shows that some of her fans dismiss her competitors and skating peers that came before her; they haven't done anything to me. I actually like many things about Yu-Na; her charitable spirit and her competitive nerve and jumping technique minus the loop, but nobody's perfect.
    Nice try, LOL. Give me an example in which Yu-Na fans dismissed Kwan’s or previous skating greats’ accomplishments. Yu-Na fans are not that complex minded.

Given that Kwan indeed had stiff competition during her active years, and by the fact that this poll had gathered mysteriously overwhelming number of choices for (or against) Kwan in its early stage (even though the poll question is fairly easy to be understood clearly), AND given that the poster like you now giving an unmistakably cheap shot at Yu-Na fans, its intended plan is clear to me.

Give it up, J-bot. Are you and the OP ohashibliles buddies?

vCash
    I do find musekskater's bitter sentiments against "some" Kim fans a bit funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by munow View Post
    Anyway it doesn't make sense because Kwan lost to Lipinski more times than she won against.
    That's not correct.

1996 Nationals
    Kwan 1st, Lipinski 3rd

1996 Worlds
    Kwan 1st, Lipinski 15th

1996 Trophee Lalique
    Kwan 1st, Lipinski 3rd

1997 Nationals
    Lipinski 1st, Kwan 2nd

1997 GPF
    Lipinski 1st, Kwan 2nd

1997 Worlds
    Lipinski 1st, Kwan 2nd

1997 Skate America
    Kwan 1st, Lipinski 2nd

1998 Nationals
    Kwan 1st, Lipinski 2nd

1998 Olympics
    Lipinski 1st, Kwan 2nd

Record:
    Kwan 5, Lipinski 4

I must say I consider Asada, Kostner (when she is on) and Rochette tougher competition than Slutskaya, Cohen and Hughes (lol).
    I definitely agree with you on this! I never understood why some of Kim's fans tried to downplay those 3 ladies. Slutskaya, Cohen, and Hughes are definitely not the weakest competition ever though. Michelle also had to fend off Tara Lipinski, Chen Lu, and Maria Butyrskaya. Kwan's longevity made her the target of many ladies.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 06-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Laughter is the best medicine; I get many from reading this forum. Laugh away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post

Give it up, J-bot. Are you and the OP ohashibliles buddies?
    This, for instance, is hysterical, as I don't even know what it means, but the simple thought that anyone thinks I'm a "bot" is funny.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast