Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post

Rob, how could I forget the chocolates? I do not need to be eating Lindor truffles, but tonight i will eat some in Jesse's honor (i will make the sacrifice, while watching NHK on TV and imagining his critiques of all the 3As).
    I know, they are one of my favorites too and although I don't need them, I will pick some up too. I sent him some caramel ones and mint ones, and he PMed me that he had never tried them before. I hope he could eat some of them.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    My condolences to Jesse's family and friends, and my prayers for peace, healing and comfort for everyone at this time.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Rest in Peace, Jesse. Cancer sucks so much.

vCash
    The memorial service will be on Wednesday, Nov. 13 at 2 p.m. at the Fort MacLeod Arena, 235 21st St., Fort MacLeod, Alberta, T0L 0Z0

Memorial donations can be made to: Fort MacLeod Skating Club, Box 64, Fort MacLeod, Alberta, T0L 0Z0

vCash
    Many thanks, DaveRocks, for the information.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Someone shared a photo of the Memorial Service Notice on Facebook...

ETA: Oops, should have checked the last post in the thread before posting...I see the info has already been provided.

Thanks, DaveRocks...
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I appreciate being able to see the notice, kimkom,

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    The funeral home and the minister are the same ones that handled the funeral for Jesse's maternal grandfather who died on 4 December 2012 at the age of 86. It has been a very difficult year for this family!
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    The memorial service will be on Wednesday, Nov. 13 at 2 p.m. at the Fort MacLeod Arena, 235 21st St., Fort MacLeod, Alberta, T0L 0Z0

Memorial donations can be made to: Fort MacLeod Skating Club, Box 64, Fort MacLeod, Alberta, T0L 0Z0
    Dave - thanks for the information. Is there a special fund there, or do we just send a check and a note?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Just crushed when I read in the cancer thread that Jesse had lost his battle. I'd noticed his posts even before being aware of his plight because they were always unfailingly positive and because he adored MK. I thought, a classy poster with good taste - how rare!

RIP Jesse, and thanks for teaching me that I'd better can it and be grateful for what I have because you had to endure so much so young and with such dignity.

26 is just way, way too young - feck cancer!

vCash
    RIP, Jesse.

vCash
    I could not find an obituary for Jesse. That is usually where the family makes requests for charities, in lieu of flowers. So, I posted the question on the FB page that was set up to support Jesse. I would like to donate to whatever charity the family has decide on. If anyone knows what that is, please post it.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    According to the information posted above by Dave-Rocks and the image/announcement linked by kimkim, they are requesting memorial donations to the Fort MacLeod Skating Club (to help amateur skaters), P. O. Box 64, Fort MacLeod, AB, Canada T0L 0Z0 [Remember to use a cheque drawn on a Canadian bank or an international money order.]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Thank you, Sharpie. The flowers and star will be sent from FSU as soon as we know where to send them.

If anyone learns that, or if there is somewhere the family is requesting that donations be sent, please post it.

Willoway, you spoke for me.
    I looked up florists in Fort McLeod and unless there are objections, will arrange to have a basket of flowers sent from "his friends at FSU". I will Fed Ex a star to the florist to attach to the basket. It is this year's Swarovski crystal star ornament, the smaller size. I don't need contributions to this basket -- maybe direct other donations to the family or cancer funds. Let me know if you all think we should do something different.

vCash
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    I looked up florists in Fort McLeod and unless there are objections, will arrange to have a basket of flowers sent from "his friends at FSU". I will Fed Ex a star to the florist to attach to the basket. It is this year's Swarovski crystal star ornament, the smaller size. I don't need contributions to this basket -- maybe direct other donations to the family or cancer funds. Let me know if you all think we should do something different.
    Thanks for your generosity in arranging this on our behalf - it sounds just fine to me. As has been posted, the request is for funds to go to the local skating club to help amateur skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    This is beautiful. What a wonderful idea, and what a wonderful person you are, KCC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    According to the information posted above by Dave-Rocks and the image/announcement linked by kimkim, they are requesting memorial donations to the Fort MacLeod Skating Club (to help amateur skaters), P. O. Box 64, Fort MacLeod, AB, Canada T0L 0Z0 [Remember to use a cheque drawn on a Canadian bank or an international money order.]
    Actually, I haven't had any trouble with sending American checks.

vCash
    Rest in peace, Jesse. You fought your disease with grace and courage. Thank you for so generously sharing your spirit with the world. My deepest sympathy to Jesse's family and friends.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Does anyone happen to know if Jesse had a favorite flower or color?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast