Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    KCC, thank you. This forum is such a wonderful place.

Thanks to other posters for the donation information. Mr Lanie and I will be donating.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Thanks for the donation information and the link to the obituary. Jesse, I'm glad you're not suffering any more but so sorry for everything you suffered in your too short life. I wholehearted agree with Jeremy Ten. #****Cancer

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Just saying....Jesse's obituary links to an ability to sign an online guestbook. His family would perhaps be glad to know what impact Jesse had on people all over the world, something that they may not be aware of.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if Jesse had a favorite flower or color?
    KCC, I don't know, but I saw three pictures of him wearing red, so it seems safe to say he liked that color. Maybe amaryllis...?
    http://www.teleflora.com/about-flowers/amaryllis.asp

vCash
    RIP Jesse

Melodies of Life

Alone for a while I've been searching through the dark,
    For traces of the love you left inside my lonely heart,
    To weave by picking up the pieces that remain,
    Melodies of life - love's lost refrain.

Our paths they did cross, though I cannot say just why.
    We met, we laughed, we held on fast, and then we said goodbye.
    And who'll hear the echoes of stories never told ?
    Let them ring out loud till they unfold.

In my dearest memories, I see you reaching out to me.
    Though you're gone, I still believe that you can call out my name.

A voice from the past, joining yours and mine.
    Adding up the layers of harmony.
    And so it goes, on and on.
    Melodies of life,
    To the sky beyond the flying birds - forever and beyond.

So far and away, see the birds as it flies by.
    Gliding through the shadows of the clouds up in the sky.
    I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings.
    Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings.

In your dearest memories, do you remember loving me ?
    Was it fate that brought us close and now leave me behind ?

A voice from the past, joining yours and mine.
    Adding up the layers of harmony.
    And so it goes, on and on.
    Melodies of life,
    To the sky beyond the flying bird - forever and on.

If I should leave this lonely world behind,
    Your voice will still remember our melody.
    Now I know we'll carry on.
    Melodies of life,
    Come circle round and grow deep in our hearts, as long as we remember.

vCash
    Please see this new thread in the OTBT forum. You may want to get involved with this project. DBZ, your poem will be perfect for the scrapbook.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Jesse-s-memory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    DBZ, your poem will be perfect for the scrapbook.
    It's actually a song, Vash--one I can't take credit for.

It's the theme song from the video game Final Fantasy 9 entitled, "Melodies of Life."

Jesse posted a piano rendition of the song long ago on FSU from his YT channel, which I posted above.

I thought linking to it and posting the lyrics seemed like a fitting tribute to his memory.

Original song

Jesse's beautiful rendition

vCash
    You know, I knew Jesse was failing fast, but I hadn't realized he was THAT close to dying. Mainly, because he was in so much pain but still not on a morphine drip (at least, not to my knowledge). The cancer patients I've known (including my mother and aunt) were on morphine and practically pain-free in their last few weeks of life. It makes me furious that Jesse was suffering so terribly in his final days.

So, so sad.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Really sorry to hear this. I didn't know him, but through these posts I feel I do just a tiny bit.

I had a friend die on October 29th of kidney failure; he was on dialysis for a little over a year, and his wife is as well, I feel for their 12 yr. old son. I remember Paul said he had a good life, no regrets, only he was sorry about leaving his son without a father.

All my prayers and hugs go out to the families & friends of the departed, the ones whom are left to suffer...

vCash
    It feels so weird so his predictions for NHK... (he nailed the ladies podium perfectly though !)

Rest in Peace Jesse.

vCash
    I looked up florists in Fort McLeod and unless there are objections, will arrange to have a basket of flowers sent from "his friends at FSU". I will Fed Ex a star to the florist to attach to the basket. It is this year's Swarovski crystal star ornament, the smaller size. I don't need contributions to this basket -- maybe direct other donations to the family or cancer funds. Let me know if you all think we should do something different.
    It is perfect and lovely.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for the donation information, DaveRocks. I also think that's a wonderful idea about the flowers, KCC. <3
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    RIP, Jesse.

vCash
    I looked up florists in Fort McLeod and unless there are objections, will arrange to have a basket of flowers sent from "his friends at FSU". I will Fed Ex a star to the florist to attach to the basket. It is this year's Swarovski crystal star ornament, the smaller size. I don't need contributions to this basket -- maybe direct other donations to the family or cancer funds. Let me know if you all think we should do something different.
    KCC, thank you so much for doing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    You know, I knew Jesse was failing fast, but I hadn't realized he was THAT close to dying. Mainly, because he was in so much pain but still not on a morphine drip (at least, not to my knowledge). The cancer patients I've known (including my mother and aunt) were on morphine and practically pain-free in their last few weeks of life. It makes me furious that Jesse was suffering so terribly in his final days.
    So, so sad.
    I've been lurking, not posting but this was sort of discussed in SS. None of us were in the hospital with Jesse so we do not know what medications he was being given for pain relief nor do we know which medications he was unable to tolerate due to underlying circumstances in his condition.

Don't forget, one of the side effects of morphine is that it makes breathing more difficult, for all we know the suffocation feeling Jesse was telling us about could had been a side effect of morphine he was receiving or it could be the reason the doctors chose not to give him morphine in the first place. My guess is that towards the end, Jesse was hooked up to so many medications he could not keep track of them all.

One thing is certain, he did not want to be dosed up so much that he was unable to communicate with his family and friends here on FSU, a stronger pain med may had relieved his pain but left him unable to go online and spend his last hours doing what he loved best, follow skating.

vCash
    A brave man. May God rest his soul in eternal peace.

When somebody dies, a cloud turns into an angel, and flies up to tell God to put another flower on a pillow. A bird gives the message back to the world, and sings a silent prayer that makes the rain cry. People disappear, but they never really go away. The spirits up there put the sun to bed, wake up grass, and spin the earth in dizzy circles. Sometimes you can see them dancing in a cloud during the day time, when they're supposed to be sleeping. They paint the rainbows and also the sunsets and make waves splash and tug at the tide. They toss shooting stars and listen to wishes. And when they sing wind songs, they whisper to us, don't miss me too much. The view is nice and I'm doing just fine.

Ashley Rice
    Last edited by Maofan7; 11-09-2013 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    Back in the good old days when Jesse and I chatted over msn, he was always fun to talk to and we had interesting convos about various topics ranging from skating to music, to his cat! It's been so long since we had spoken, I remember encouraging him for Disney on Ice, and even going back to sectionals. I'm going to miss you buddy, know you're in a better place now, and won't ever forget the moments we shared together!

vCash
    Just to close the loop -- flowers have been ordered from the Village Greenery in Fort MacLeod, from "his friends at FSU". The lady I spoke with said she expects the whole town will be there. Glad to hear the love for Jesse and his family.

The star will actually be sent separately, so that it does not get lost in the shuffle at the service.

vCash
    RIP Jesse, you put up a brave fight and you will be missed.

vCash
    Thank you, KCC.

Thanks, DaveRocks, for the donation information.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast