Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

vCash
    Thanks, SpunSilver.

vCash
    Thank you so much for the link, Spun Silver!! What a nice article.

vCash
    Yes, a beautiful, moving article. Jesse touched so many people. He was a gift. Even though we didn't get to keep him for very long.

vCash
    Today I received a beautiful message from Jesse's mother, Wendy. She asked me to express her thanks to all the FSU members who sent condolences. Her own words are so eloquent that I am just going to quote them:

it has been so hard to deal with losing Jesse he was an amazing son to have but I have to say we are overwhelmed by the support from you and all the FSU friends of Jesse that have sent messages cards gifts... I don't think Dan and I realized just how many people Jesse reached its so amazing.. When the painting of Jesse come we were so shocked and I just cant believe we received something so special. Judith if you could please send a message to everyone on the FSU site and thank them all who sent cards messages n gifts for me and Dan it would be so appreciated and just let them know how much it helped us to read so many amazing things about our son.Also if you could pass on a special message to Deb Marett [backspin] and thank her so much for the beautiful portrait of Jesse it was such a wonderful thing to do for Jesse and us and let her know we will treasure it forever she did an amazing great picture.
    I think Jesse would be proud of FSU.

vCash
    Thank you Spun Silver for sharing Wendy's message of thanks to FSU - I'm so happy to hear how moved she and Dan were by all the messages.

Jesse would indeed be proud!

vCash
    I'm glad Jesse's parents got so much comfort from the things said and done by the FSU community...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Thank you Spun Silver for passing that on!

vCash
    Thank you, Spun Silver.
    That our online community could do so much to comfort Jesse's family, is one of the reasons why FSU means so much to me,

vCash
    Just a few more words from Wendy about the scrapbook that Vash01 organized, and all of you guys... and Porki . (I asked her to give Porki some extra hugs for us):

yes we received the scrapbook ... we r so blessed that so many people were touched by Jesse, we had no idea really . Although I cry a lot when I read them its tears of happiness that my son was so cared for by so many people and it does help...also Porkie is doing well we love her so much and think of her as a gift from Jesse...its so good to know there are wonderful amazing caring people like you and all the FSU family.... THANKYOU

Quadless
    vCash
    Thanks for the updates, Spun Silver. It's very bittersweet, but nice to know that we were collectively able to provide some small measure of comfort to Jesse's family.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Thanks for posting the note from Jesse's mom -- so nice of her to send it. Sounds like our cards, etc. were helpful as they process their grief, and that she is learning the breadth of Jesse's impact.

D*mn cancer.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Thanks for letting us know.

vCash
    Thanks, spun silver!
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Jesse (spaz) and I have traded tips and tricks over the years. What a geniune fellow, RIP my friend. Skate on those clouds.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Thanks, SpunSilver.

I've been wondering how his family is doing. It must be so hard with the holidays.

vCash
    I've been so touched by Jesse's courage, by his love for skating, and by the joy and beauty he shared with so many people during his too short life. The love and support everyone gave him and his family has also been so touching and inspiring. I recently came across the below poem, written by Alice Walker for Bob Marley (in her new book of poetry, The World Will Follow Joy: Turning Madness Into Flowers). I would like to share the poem in tribute to Jesse. I'm sure he's never far from the thoughts of those who knew and loved him.

Sometimes I look at your photograph
    And I wonder: where did your smile go
    When you died;
    Where could such a sunrise hide?
    Is it still out there among the foilage and the
    hills
    The trees and the grass?
    I believe it is there.
    That we will find it waiting
    To ferry us
    On those days our hearts are heavy
    with the pain of this world
    And our own tears are the deep river
    We must cross.

Jesse, surely you are now skating on an icy pond in heaven, making new friends and charming the other angels. Thanks for sharing with us your joy and your pain.

vCash
    Thank you aftershocks, I am yet bawling again. Jesse was so geniune; he asked for help on his jumps and help many an adult skater on this forum. God Bless spaz and his family.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112