Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Just beautiful, backspin. What a wonderful gift to Jesse's mom.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Lovely portrait, backspin. You captured his smile perfectly.
    Last edited by milanessa; 11-14-2013 at 05:02 AM.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    A couple weeks ago, Jesse asked me to paint a portrait of him & Porki, as a Christmas present for his mom. I'm shipping it out to her today. I dearly hope it does him justice, and brings her some comfort & memories of better times. SO many thanks to the other members who donated to cover the costs of framing and shipping, and coordinated all of that so I could just focus on getting the painting done. If you'd like to see the finished portrait, here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52326237@N05/10841100545/
    That's adorable!

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    backspin what a great picture and it does look just like him, how cute is Porki? I am sure his family will appreciate it. At Canadians this year we will have to toast to both Jesse and Mevrouw..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    What a lovely, generous and thoughtful display of your talent and skill, backspin.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Backspin, that is outstanding! That portrait I'm sure will help his family smile despite the fact there will be so much sadness in their hearts when they think of him.
    I simply cannot imagine what it would be like to lose your child. My heart just sinks whenever I look at this thread; can't imagine what his family is going through. * sigh *

vCash
    backspin, what a beautiful gift for Jesse's mum!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Oh backspin, the likeness is just spot on and sweet Porki too. You are a very talented and giving person as well. This is going to mean so much for his Parents. Thanks to you and everyone who had a hand in getting the portrait to them.

W/all going on my w/both me and my Parents health wise, I had a hard time going into Jesse's thread, but I always had him and his Family in my thoughts and Prayers every day and night. Cancer is an evil scourge that needs to be H Bombed into nothingless.

At least I now know Jesse's not only free and out of pain, he's also up there skating again, and just think of who he gets to share that rink w/? I truly believe when illness or disability takes away your ability to do whatever your greatess passion is, it's one of the very first things you get to do in Heaven. Thinking of Jesse skating w/Sergei, Rob McCall, Barbara Ann and so many others...That has helped the last couple of days.

I just wish there was a way to find out how Porkie's doing. We've all heard about how hard it can be on pets when they lose someone close...I just hope in the shock and sadness the Family is going through, that someone is also helping out that adorable furry lil guy too.

My thoughts and continue going out Alberta and his Parents, Family and Friends. May Jesse be having a blast skating w/the greats.

vCash
    To those who would like to do something to honor Jesse's memory (Spazactaz on fsu)-

A group of fsuers has come up with the idea of creating a scrapbook using paragraphs/comments, memories, poems, condolences, illustrations, etc. from fsu members. After completion it will be mailed to Jesse's family, as something from Jesse's friends on fsu. It could bring them some comfort, as they continue their grieving/healing process, which is likely to be very long.

Here is a request for your comments/memories, etc. Please submit by November 23rd. If you need more time, please PM me. It will be helpful if the submission/entry can fit on one page, allowing enough room for your name & location. Shorter entries may fit on a half page, to be shared with another poster. Whether it is long or short is not important. The feeling in it is what really matters. Please try to make it uplifting for Jesse's family.
    Illustrations, photographs, etc. are welcome too, but please limit those to no more than what can fit on one page (it could mean one large or two smaller ones).

If you have already sent a message of condolences to the family (as I did, the day after Jesse passed away), but would like to include that message (or its expanded version) in the scrapbook, please feel free to do so.

Under each memory/paragraph, etc. we will publish your real name (unless you don't want it published), your name on fsu, and your location (city & state, or city & country).

How to submit the entries for this scrapbook?

Please PM me that you want to send something for the scrapbook. I will send you my email address. You can email me the file as word or pdf, or (if it's an illustration or photograph) jpg or bmp (I am not sure about the latter, but we can try). I will download and print the document in its original format/font (unless it cannot fit on one page) and add it to the scrapbook.

We have already received some entries and would love to get more. If there are questions, please feel free to ask (either here or by PM). Thank you.

vCash
    What a beautiful and touching work, backspin. I'm sure Jessie's family can't thank you enough and will never forgot you. And, that painting will likely be down through the generations.

vCash
    A touching writeup of Jesse's memorial service from his local paper:
    http://www.fortmacleodgazette.com/20...r-jesse-smith/

There are still a few days to PM Vash01 with short contributions for a scrapbook for Jesse's family. Feel free to copy things you posted here or in Jesse's other thread. Some beautiful things have been written that could comfort Jesse's family and friends a great deal.

vCash
    Thank you!
    Jesse plainly had the same effect on his community as he did on many of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post

There are still a few days to PM Vash01 with short contributions for a scrapbook for Jesse's family. Feel free to copy things you posted here or in Jesse's other thread. Some beautiful things have been written that could comfort Jesse's family and friends a great deal.
    Thanks for posting that, although now I am feeling sad again. . .
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Me too - it is so hard to look at the photos and videos and then match that vibrant young man with his posts over his last few months in here. Thank you for posting the link Spun Silver. I hope Jesse's family found comfort in knowing so many people cared about him.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    What a beautiful write up in the local paper about Jesse's funeral service. I hope his family & friends can take comfort from all love and support that they are receiving at this time.

vCash
    A life well lived, he touched so many, beautiful...

it's about quality, not quantity of years

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    backspin, the painting is so beautiful, and I know his family will love and appreciate it. <3
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Thank you!
    Jesse plainly had the same effect on his community as he did on many of us.
    Yes!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    ITA about that!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Thank you for bringing this to us.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast