Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    God Bless... both Jesse and this community that showed such care and affection for someone many had never met.

In the words of Linda Ronstadt... I wish I had a river, I could skate away on... You fought a brave battle and I hope you are skating again in Heaven...

vCash
    Cruisin found perfect words. I am saddened to hear these news. R.I.P., Jesse.

vCash
    I'm sorry to hear this. Rest well, Jesse.

vCash
    Rest in peace, Jesse.

vCash
    Jesse - I'll never ever forget the great advice you gave me when I was trying to learn the axel jump as an adult (which I eventually did land). Sometimes, people say that friends you make in the "virtual world" of internet remain virtual, but I believe otherwise, because there was just something so genuine about you. May you rest in peace.

vCash
    I thank Jesse for the extraordinary gift he has given everyone on FSU, from the people who were active in helping him to those, like me, who followed his words and his struggle. I don't think any one of us, not one, will ever forget Jesse. Say "Jesse" 20 years from now and each of us will have his or her memory of him. Death is not easy or pretty, and sometimes it is brutal. Jesse had the strength and the courage to share his experience with his virtual friends, some strangers, not just so that he could speak but so we could hear. Now is the time for kind words and beautiful sentiments but the process of getting there was so very hard and we needed to know that. Jesse gave us insight that is so rare and so important - it should be with each of us for the rest of our lives and help us be more compassionate to the sick and dying who cannot tell us how they suffer. Thank you, brave young man. I will not forget you; you've made a difference.
    Last edited by Willowway; 11-08-2013 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18
    Cancer is truly horrible in that way, as are many chronic terminal diseases. Not only does it kill you, but it makes you suffer while it does so. Truly unfair. Nobody deserves that. I wish everyone could pass quickly, in their own bed, having enjoyed their life up until then. Not this.

RIP Jesse. I found this beautiful exhibition in his YouTube channel and if anyone needs more ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glo4PzYQCTE
    Thanks for posting this video. I had no idea he was such an accomplished & artistic skater. This was really beautiful. RIP Jesse.

Just a thought - dwelling on the care that Jesse did or did not receive is a waste of space & is really a downer in this thread. Why don't we appreciate the gentle soul that has passed and the fact that he touched our lives for a too short while?

vCash
    Thank you, Willoway, for that.

ETA:. taf. Jesse skated professionally for several years.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 11-08-2013 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    People may also choose to donate to the Canadian Cancer Society.

RIP, Jesse...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Goodbye and RIP, Jesse

vCash
    I'm saddened by the thought of Jesse.

Jesse, you were so brave. I hope God is giving you the rest that you well deserve. Inspiration is the word for you. RIP..

vCash
    Thank you, Sharpie. The flowers and star will be sent from FSU as soon as we know where to send them.

If anyone learns that, or if there is somewhere the family is requesting that donations be sent, please post it.

Willoway, you spoke for me.

vCash
    I would suggest sending the flowers etc to his parents' home in Fort Macleod if you don't hear otherwise.

231 Lyndon Rd
    Fort Macleod AB T0L0Z0
    CANADA

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am so sad, but relieved he isn't suffering. I watched a friend go through the lung issues Jesse was having so I knew the end was near, but it never gets easier.
    RIP Jesse, and thank you for sharing your final months with us. I will think of you every time I eat a Lindor chocolate.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Just heard about this...What a lovely skater an example of just being happy with what skating (and in a greater sense, life) gives you, no matter what...As an American who isn't all that familiar with Canadian skating, I had heard of Jesse's story a few months back and was praying and pulling for him in every way possible...the way he faced his journey with grace and bravery is something we can all learn from..Rest in peace Jesse

vCash
    Really, you dont think there will be a funeral with flowers displayed?

Rob, how could I forget the chocolates? I do not need to be eating Lindor truffles, but tonight i will eat some in Jesse's honor (i will make the sacrifice, while watching NHK on TV and imagining his critiques of all the 3As).

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    People may also choose to donate to the Canadian Cancer Society.

RIP, Jesse...
    I also found the page to donate to Skate Canada's athlete fund, which can be done in Jesse's memory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Really, you dont think there will be a funeral with flowers displayed?
    Probably. The address was just a thought in case someone would rather send something directly to their home.

vCash
    I have been following Jesse's story since it appeared here but haven't posted until now since it's hitting a little too close to home. But I have been very moved throughout these last months by his dignity, courage, and honesty with us here. Jesse, be at peace now. There were no strangers here, just friends that you didn't get the chance to meet in person. Heartfelt condolences to his family.

vCash
    I remember Jesse used to post in the Moves in the Field section of the board when he was still skating & it was really nice to have a high-level skater post videos of his skating and seek feedback the same way those of us who were lower-level skaters did. Knowing how active he used to be made it even harder to read his cancer thread, but I for one was very impressed he put up such a brave fight until the end. Hope he gets to make up for all the lost skating time, wherever he is now.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast