Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harekrishna43 View Post
    I'm sad that Jesse has passed but on the other hand relieved that his suffering has ended. It was heartbreaking to read of his ongoing struggles with pain and breathing, the horrible treatment he received from the doctors and nurses that were supposed to be there to help him. I know he was in a small town but the lack of care and compassion was horrendous.

RIP dear Jesse.
    THIS.

It was enough to make you cry.

vCash
    RIP Jesse

vCash
    Oh no. I am so saddened to hear this. I've been praying for him since he posted about his battle with cancer.

I am appalled at how he was treated by those who were supposed to care for him. It is an awful shame. He was in so much pain.

RIP Jesse.

vCash
    I kept expecting the medical system to turn cartwheels to help this precious, so very unfortunate young man... but it wouldn't.

Pray for us, Jesse!

vCash
    I posted in the other thread (OTBT) too. I kept getting teary eyed this afternoon, even before I heard this sad news, and I still have tears flowing. Jesse suffered a lot. He is not suffering anymore. He is at peace. My deepest condolences to his family for their loss. This must be difficult beyond imagination. Hugs to everyone, and peace to Jesse.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    RIP Jesse. I'm sorry you had to suffer so much.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I had been following Jesse's updates and while it's good that he's no longer suffering, everything that's happened to him is just so desperately sad; there's so much more he could have done and enjoyed in his life.

I don't imagine that his family will come to FSU, but perhaps there might be some way to send condolences?

vCash
    Zemgirl, someone on the other thread also asked about doing flowers, donations, etc.

There is a small group of FSU members planning things like this - if anyone wants to be part of it, please PM me with your email address. We were hoping to help make Jesse's last days easier for him and his family, but also started thinking ahead because the end was obviously near.

One member will send a basket of flowers in FSU's name, with a little crystal star - because Jesse was one for us. People will be invited to contribute thoughts for a scrapbook for his family. And we are thinking about a fund of some sort -- maybe for a scholarship for a young skater, or maybe a donation for research about his cancer (adenoid cystic carcinoma). It is rare and little known, and Jesse was diagnosed very late. An early diagnosis might not have saved him, but it could have given him more quality time -- years more. Please stay tuned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Zemgirl, someone on the other thread also asked about doing flowers, donations, etc.

There is a small group of FSU members planning things like this - if anyone wants to be part of it, please PM me with your email address. We were hoping to help make Jesse's last days easier for him and his family, but also started thinking ahead because the end was obviously near.

One member will send a basket of flowers in FSU's name, with a little crystal star - because Jesse was one for us. People will be invited to contribute thoughts for a scrapbook for his family. And we are thinking about a fund of some sort -- maybe for a scholarship for a young skater, or maybe a donation for research about his cancer (adenoid cystic carcinoma). It is rare and little known, and Jesse was diagnosed very late. An early diagnosis might not have saved him, but it could have given him more quality time -- years more. Please stay tuned.
    Spun Silver - have you check with board admins/SHARPIE to see if it's okay for you to send it in FSU's name?

I think it's a lovely idea for you to want to set up a fund or something to honour Jesse. I would also check to see if his family is doing anything, because IMO it's better to donate to their fund (if they create one, or something similar) than start another one... it might be best to give it some time for them to grieve first.

vCash
    No, good idea. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Spun Silver - have you check with board admins/SHARPIE to see if it's okay for you to send it in FSU's name?

I think it's a lovely idea for you to want to set up a fund or something to honour Jesse. I would also check to see if his family is doing anything, because IMO it's better to donate to their fund (if they create one, or something similar) than start another one... it might be best to give it some time for them to grieve first.
    I was thinking along the lines "From Jesse's friends on FSU", instead of "From FSU", but I agree that we should check with Sharpie first before using "FSU" in our donation/gifts.

We should perhaps take the detailed discussion to PM/email.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harekrishna43 View Post
    I'm sad that Jesse has passed but on the other hand relieved that his suffering has ended. It was heartbreaking to read of his ongoing struggles with pain and breathing, the horrible treatment he received from the doctors and nurses that were supposed to be there to help him. I know he was in a small town but the lack of care and compassion was horrendous.

RIP dear Jesse.
    Cancer is truly horrible in that way, as are many chronic terminal diseases. Not only does it kill you, but it makes you suffer while it does so. Truly unfair. Nobody deserves that. I wish everyone could pass quickly, in their own bed, having enjoyed their life up until then. Not this.

RIP Jesse. I found this beautiful exhibition in his YouTube channel and if anyone needs more ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glo4PzYQCTE

vCash
    Jesse

I pray his passing, at the end, was merciful.

His suffering over the past few months was not. May he rest in peace.

(((spaz and family)))
    Last edited by skatefan; 11-08-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Jessie chronicled his sudden and far too early demise from cancer here on FSU. No matter how hard things were, he always checked in with us. Although, he was always honest, I never got the feeling he was feeling sorry for himself, which I sure would have been. He was a man in the prime of life with so much to look forward to, but faced his final journal with courage and grace. And he never seemed angry about what so many of us perceived as a lack of proper care (which I sure would have been as well).

We were his witness and I for one felt honoured that he would share such an earth-shattering and private experience. Once I started to follow his story, it was important to me to stay posted about how he was doing every day. He never withdrew so far from life so not to post here, until his final day.

I was, and am - heartbroken - and am near tears as I post.

vCash
    I am really sorry to hear about this news. Spaz (Jesse) was one of the nicer people on this forum and also very open about his skating and seeking feedback from us. He will be sadly missed from the FSU family. Condolences to his family.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Screw cancer

I am honoured (as we all should be) that Jesse spent his painful final months using this board as a support network. I'd usually say no re a "from FSU " flower basket but given the OTBT thread Jesse shared with us, it would be a disservice to him not to.

I'm happy to give to any collections that are going on. Also can anyone let me know where to send something privately.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    There are times when even though you are sad at the loss of a fellow human being, you are glad that their battle is over. Jesse's sharing the end of his life with FSU was a unique experience. Reading his comments wasn't easy, but they demonstrated courage in the face of a losing battle and I'm grateful he chose to share both his pain and his joy with us. He was so delighted to receive all the chocolates from around the world. I'm so sorry this happened to you Jesse and thank you for sharing the end of your life with strangers. RIP.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post

Is there any way to set up something like that with Paypal? I don't want to say that I'd be happy to give considering the circumstances, but I really would want to do so.

vCash
    RIP Jesse. How incredibly sad. Gone way too young.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the Smith family.

aussieSKATES: Figure Skating Downunder

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast