Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Zaboev denied Estonian citizenship (Takahashi/Kihara in Sochi?)

Was published in rus.err.es the Russian skater representing Estonia Alexandr Zaboev was denied Estonian Citizenship. I.e. they are not going to the olys.

Takahashi/Kihara are in? Is that how it works?

vCash
    Yes, JPN is first on the Stand-by Entries list for Pairs: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4772
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think we'll have to wait till January for official confirmation, but yes Takahashi/Kihara are in.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I don't suppose Estonia has another pair?

Actually hoping that the Austrians would make it too ... Miriam Ziegler is a great skater! and she looked good with her partner (just needed more time and experience I thought)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    It doesn't.

vCash
    How disappointing for them! They were making such great progress. Likely there is no way of knowing whether this is because he did not meet some requirement, such as language or time, or whether it is due to his Russian citizenship. They must have thought he had a reasonable chance at citizenship to go froward as a pair - but to qualify & not be able to go - Ugh!

vCash
    can't they rehire ilia glebov, just for my own sake

vCash
    Oh yes, Ilia Glebov was such an eye-candy Hunk!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post

Actually hoping that the Austrians would make it too ... Miriam Ziegler is a great skater! and she looked good with her partner (just needed more time and experience I thought)
    I've heard that there might be citizenship issues for Popova/Massot too so maybe the Austrian pair will get to go.

vCash
    ah no, please not popva i want the austrian pair there, but the french shouldn't stay at home, no.

vCash
    yeah, don't they have to pass french language tests or something~~
    anyway, Vanessa James got hers in time I remember ... but then I don't know if there's the same amount of "lobbying" for Popova ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I think we'll have to wait till January for official confirmation, but yes Takahashi/Kihara are in.
    Is there any possibilities that Estonia does not give up the post and nobody gets it?

vCash
    Now that Japan has 3 disciplines out of 4, do they have a chance at the team medal? (or can they even enter the team event)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Is there any possibilities that Estonia does not give up the post and nobody gets it?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Now that Japan has 3 disciplines out of 4, do they have a chance at the team medal? (or can they even enter the team event)
    Japan has four out of four. The Reeds qualified at Nebelhorn.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    well, bummer for zaboev, but well done to Takahashi and Kihara. while T/K may never be on World podium (i know it's early days ...), it looks like they are going to achieve the dream of skating in the pairs event in Sochi (being one of the first from Japan? or one of the very few anyway). Credit, I think, must be given to Kihara given that he has had to learn all the tricks within such a short time, and he managed very well.

vCash
    allezfred:Thanx. So they're most likely to get the post. Wow! However, how sorry for Alexandr Zaboev to lose his chance to skate at the Olympics.

vCash

But I hope they'll at least appear at Euros and Worlds (I assume they have the Worlds TES)...

vCash
    Fred-- Can you explain something seeing how I seem to be ignorant on the subject. Did Chris Reed renounce his American citizenship?
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Fred-- Can you explain something seeing how I seem to be ignorant on the subject. Did Chris Reed renounce his American citizenship?
    Since Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship, I am pretty sure both Cathy and Chris Reed had to renounce their American citizenship.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Technically, that is what they are supposed to have done and made a declaration that they did so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast