Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Tara Lipinski Sochi commentary?

I read that Tara Lipinski is going to be covering the Sochi Olympics for NBC. Is that true? Does anyone know who the NBC commentators will be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateBlades17 View Post
    I read that Tara Lipinski is going to be covering the Sochi Olympics for NBC.
    Link please?

This is the most recent official announcement by NBC that I know of - "Apolo Anton Ohno, Al Michaels confirmed by NBC for Winter Olympics": http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7288418.story
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-16-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Tara is definitely a much better alternative to Sandra Bezic. Is Scott Hamilton the other commentator or will he be replaced? By who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Tara is definitely a much better alternative to Sandra Bezic. Is Scott Hamilton the other commentator or will he be replaced? By who?
    God no. Sandra is the best. She knows her stuff. Tara was the worst commentator since Peter Carruthers ... lots of useless chattering when you just want to watch people skate.

vCash
    I expect both Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton to be back for NBC. I think Bezic alluded to being in Sochi for the Olympics in her podcast interview with Pj Kwong.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I can't imagine Scott and Sandra not commentating in Sochi. Maybe Tara could do interviews?

vCash
    I never thought I'd say these words, but...I'd rather listen to Sandra. Tara's constant giggling gets on my nerves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lahaa968 View Post
    God no. Sandra is the best. She knows her stuff. Tara was the worst commentator since Peter Carruthers ... lots of useless chattering when you just want to watch people skate.
    Neither Sandra nor Scott has made much of an effort to learn the COP, something that Tara has actually attempted to do in her commentary. If she can real in her chattering, she would do just fine. I've come to terms with the fact that we will never get Eurosport, BBC, or heck even CBC level commentators.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'll take anyone over Scott, please. I can't stand to hear him scream and grunt through another skaters final triple jump while he reminds us over and over how hard that is to do on tired legs at the end of a program.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I'll take anyone over Scott, please. I can't stand to hear him scream and grunt through another skaters final triple jump while he reminds us over and over how hard that is to do on tired legs at the end of a program.
    but they are buuuuuurning at that point in the program
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    To funny I could hear him saying the 'tired legs ' bit as soon as some mentioned his name!!!

vCash
    This! Please, find the off switch.

vCash
    If Scott's doing it, I'll watch it elsewhere if possible.

vCash
    I will take anyone except Sandra over Scott. She is the most biased commentator ever.

vCash
    Tara!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Tara vs Michelle again, after 16 years.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    I love Tara's commentating. Sandra and Scott need to hit the road.

vCash
    Sandra and Scott. No. Tara? She's just alright. Can't they find someone who's actually GOOD? (Must be a lot harder than it seems ...)

O-

vCash
    Possibly Tara will up her game for prime time television. I'm tired of commentators who refuse to learn COP or who haven't had competitive experience at the elite level in almost 30 years. We need someone who has had to compete in the post-figures world who understands the technical demands that has been required since 1990.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Tara is interesting. I loved her commentating the first year or two she started-- I thought she was a fresh voice, unbiased, an had some genuine insights. But the last couple seasons I have been unimpressed. She has been too casual, giggly, and not offering any insight. It's almost like she isn't putting any thought/preparation into it (I'm sure that isn't the case, but that is the impression she has left on me).

Tara has the potential to be a great commentator, but for now I'd prefer Bezic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast