Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Aw I like that she's doing "Send in the Clowns".

This other music is new to me. Don't know what to make of it. The theme I mean. It sounds like good skating music though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    You expect Yuna to bomb?
    Heaven's no. I am sorry, I wasn't clear. I was actually referring to everybody else, and I was thinking about the GPF - where YuNa isn't even competing.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Better camera angle of her SP practice from YNKF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUCYRBYWuzE

vCash
    well, I think that it's official; I am an idiot for thinking that she could not get any better. That was spellbinding. Also, for this to be DW's choreography, it looked NOTHING like what he has done in the past with her. Majestic.

Praying for Asada...

vCash
    Oh, wow. a million times

Nice connecting moves in between, and I'm particularly impressed with step sequence there. Like arakwafan said above, the whole program is nothing like DW has ever done. Don't care about the scoring potential of this program. I just hope she can bring the best of her efforts-jumps, spins, steps, emoting, at Sochi. This program will be epic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    well, I think that it's official; I am an idiot for thinking that she could not get any better. That was spellbinding. Also, for this to be DW's choreography, it looked NOTHING like what he has done in the past with her. Majestic.

Praying for Asada...
    Nothing like what he's done for her recently, but I see glimpses of the Lark Ascending which he choreographed for her seven years ago. I like it.

vCash
    Yuna Kim's Olympics Free Skating Program - "Adiós Nonino" Official Run-through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xhDVpJ_6r0
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    She seems to be a in a great shape. If she lands her jumps, she should win the Olympics. She will need to be clean though because I don't expect Lipnitskaia to make any mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think Yuna will need to compete at 4CC before the Olympics too. She will need to skate against better competition plus skating so close to the Olympics will help her peak at the right time. She will have plenty of time to get ready for Sochi since she would have over 3 weeks in between 4CC and the Olympics. I think she will need more then 1 or 2 competitions unlike last year.
    She is not going to take part in Four Continents Championships.

vCash
    It's a beautiful long program, if squeaky clean it'll absolutely bring the house down. Her expression has matured so much since Vancouver, I found her beautiful but wooden and boring before. She and Mao Asada are both at the apex of their careers - what an exciting time for us fans to watch the last showdown when they both look like this.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 12-05-2013 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She is not going to take part in Four Continents Championships.
    I heard that nothing has been decided on which will be her next competition yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    I heard that nothing has been decided on which will be her next competition yet.
    Oh so maybe she is going to change her mind. My source was the 4CC team nominated by the South Korean Federation which did not include Kim Yu-Na.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh so maybe she is going to change her mind. My source was the 4CC team nominated by the South Korean Federation which did not include Kim Yu-Na.
    Those team selections are not set in stone, I think. However, I still doubt she'll skate at 4CC. Maybe Korean Nationals?

vCash
    I was skeptical when I heard the music choices for SP "Send in the Clowns" and FS "Adios Nonino" but after watching the run throughs--where she did omit some segments--they could work quite well for her. She looks in very good shape indeed and with clean or nearly clean performances, definitely can be anywhere on the Olympic podium and that includes the top spot. There's just that confident air in her skating that says "champion" and only a few other ladies right now skate with this same attitude.

As long as she doesn't wear a clown costume for her SP.

vCash
    SP and LP. Wow!

O-

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    I don't think I've seen elite skaters huddled up by the boards during official practices, just watching someone's run through like regular fans. Program seems like a very good match for her skating style.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Wow. I am blown away by her LP. She took care of all my gripes about her skating! This is the best I've ever seen her and this is just a run through.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    She looks great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I think Yu na will be tough to beat in Sochi. She is such a competitor, and so talented. I am a big Mao Asada fan and will be rooting for her to do well, but I just don't see anyone beating Yu na.
    I feel the same.

Solid run-throughs.

"Send in the Clowns" is not a piece of music that I like, but Yu-Na could skate to any horrendous tune, I'd still be mesmerized by her amazing technique.

Will have to watch the actual performance to see if I like the Piazzolla choreo.

vCash
    Ahhhh. Yuna's new LP looks very good! Tango music for singles skaters is not my favorite, but still it looks like an excellent program, and that's without even seeing the full choreography. Her jumps look wonderful, as always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I don't think I've seen elite skaters huddled up by the boards during official practices, just watching someone's run through like regular fans.
    I think it depends on the level of the skaters. The skaters on the level of Kim will be occupied with their own practices while Kim skates.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast