Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Only 100 days! Holy cow.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    According to this http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ice-que...9645--oly.html Yuna will be competing at the Golden Spin of Zagreb next month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticHaze View Post
    According to this http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ice-que...9645--oly.html Yuna will be competing at the Golden Spin of Zagreb next month.
    250winning points wouldn't get her in the 2 final groups for sochi, but maybe she just wants to test and show the programmes. let's see.

vCash
    Since I am from Zagreb, I guess I will be your person on the rink side.
    Golden spin is getting better and better reputation. Last year Kostner, this year Yu Na.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Wall Street Journal's Korea Real Time blog: Figure Skating Queen Yuna Kim to Compete at Zagreb
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Thank you for sharing your information. MysticHaze and Sylvia. I hope I can see 100%recovered Yuna and good programs in the next month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    250winning points wouldn't get her in the 2 final groups for sochi, but maybe she just wants to test and show the programmes. let's see.
    Wow, even as reigning world champion it won't be enough? Sometimes, I wish there was some sort of rule where medallist from the previous world championships automatically get slotted in the final groups for the short program in a subsequent Olympics or Worlds... although I'm not entirely sure how the rankings and points system works. (I'm assuming it's because she pulled out of her grand prix events that she does not have enough points.. and also didn't do grand prix last year)

But even then, skating earlier in Sochi will not hurt her, last year the scores for skating earlier were a little lower maybe because she had been out for a year completely, but this time around, she is reigning world champ. and I think skating clean, she will hit high scores ala Shen/Zhao at the 2010 olympics even skating 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    But even then, skating earlier in Sochi will not hurt her, last year the scores for skating earlier were a little lower maybe because she had been out for a year completely, but this time around, she is reigning world champ. and I think skating clean, she will hit high scores ala Shen/Zhao at the 2010 olympics even skating 1st.
    Also at last Olympics Shen&Zhao skated first in the SP and it didn't hurt their score in the slightest. Being a reigning world champion surely will help Yuna get the score no matter when she scores. Also skating before the rest of the main competitors may put a pressure on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Since I am from Zagreb, I guess I will be your person on the rink side.
    Golden spin is getting better and better reputation. Last year Kostner, this year Yu Na.
    Yay, reports would be much appreciated if you could get around to them!

vCash
    @patinaggio is tweeting from Golden Spin of Zagreb practices today:
    Yuna's run through just finished. Everything looks so easy & strong. She includes 3lz+3toe, 3f, and 2a.

Yuna ran thru her "Send In The Clowns" and it might be my favourite program of hers. Really lovely.
    Golden Spin competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-December-2013
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I think Yuna will need to compete at 4CC before the Olympics too. She will need to skate against better competition plus skating so close to the Olympics will help her peak at the right time. She will have plenty of time to get ready for Sochi since she would have over 3 weeks in between 4CC and the Olympics. I think she will need more then 1 or 2 competitions unlike last year.

vCash
    Fancam video of Yuna Kim's partial SP run through of "Send in the Clowns": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bJ11j_hlh4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Fancam video of Yuna Kim's partial SP run through of "Send in the Clowns": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bJ11j_hlh4

This program looks stunning. Can't wait to see it complete & with costume!

vCash
    I think Yu na will be tough to beat in Sochi. She is such a competitor, and so talented. I am a big Mao Asada fan and will be rooting for her to do well, but I just don't see anyone beating Yu na.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think Yuna will need to compete at 4CC before the Olympics too. She will need to skate against better competition plus skating so close to the Olympics will help her peak at the right time. She will have plenty of time to get ready for Sochi since she would have over 3 weeks in between 4CC and the Olympics. I think she will need more then 1 or 2 competitions unlike last year.
    Why would she waste her time at 4cc? It certainly didn't hurt her last year to not skate against other top skaters until Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Sylvia thanks so much for sharing this. The program looks like it will be amazing - good to see Yuna in competition again. I agree she will be tough to beat in Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Why would she waste her time at 4cc? It certainly didn't hurt her last year to not skate against other top skaters until Worlds.
    It would have hurt a lesser skater to not skate at 4CC, but may not make a difference in Yu na's case. She will have less mileage on her program, but she is already ahead of everyone else.

vCash
    I suspect someone will have a horrid skate....and that that will be the best thing that could happen to them.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Wow that short program is easily one of the most stunning programs she's had. So effortless, better extension, and the best emoting I've seen from her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    I suspect someone will have a horrid skate....and that that will be the best thing that could happen to them.
    You expect Yuna to bomb?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast