Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Is there an acronym for these programs?

I mean abbreviation.
    Let's call it GMB, Generic Men's Ballad. Though I think of it as a jazzy piece, rather than a macho movie soundtrack. Often accompanied by suspenders in the costume. Whenever I see suspenders at the start of a man's SP, I expect the program to be a GMB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think that this is a perfectly valid criticism. But if we start to pick at her competitors' weaknesses, the lists are going to be much longer.
    I know. Besides the foot position, her layback is fine. It used to be even faster, but it's adequate now. Most importantly, she gets incredible arch in her back. That's all I care in a layback anyway.

Think Tonia K with her perfect layback leg and non-arch. Just no.

vCash
    I agree that Brian Orser deserved credit.
    But there're some others.

IIRC,
    - Many former Korean coaches - Basic skills and jumps.
    - Tracy Wilson - Stroking skills, expression and all-round skating quality.
    - Astrid Shrubb - Spins.
    - David Wilson - Expression, joy of skating, music, musicals, movies and choreography.
    - Jae-Hyeong Song and other Korean physical therapists - Rehabilitation and off ice training.

Whatever,
    the most important is Yuna loves to train with young Korean skaters and her current coaches, enjoys life in Seoul with family and KSU guarantees her training environment and private life completely.

I know you all want much more perfect Yuna as a skater but you know? She will retire in two and a half months.

Period.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post

IIRC,
    - Astrid Shrubb - Spins.
    - David Wilson - Expression, joy of skating, music, musicals, movies and choreography.
    - Jae-Hyeong Song and other Korean physical therapists - Rehabilitation and off ice training.

Whatever,
    the most important is Yuna loves to train with young Korean skaters and her current coaches, enjoys life in Seoul with family and KSU guarantees her training environment and private life completely.

I know you all want much more perfect Yuna as a skater but you know? She will retire in two and a half months.
    Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post

IIRC,
    - Astrid Shrubb - Spins.

Whatever,
    Looking forward to Yuna's encore skate. Certainly, Yuna has benefited from learning under the best coaches but she herself is highly talented and hard working otherwise, no amount of coaching can help anyone to be the best.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I agree. I don't know why more coaches haven't looked at and studied what Kim's original and current coaches have done when developing her technique and skating skills. I know a lot of is natural talent, but I also think most of it has to be great teaching with Kim's talent, personality, and drive completing the package to create the dominant skater she is today.

Excellent basics and unquestionable rotations and excellent air in jumps is just a winning combination, especially now when such things are quantified into actual points.
    I would imagine to that Korea might have more stars in the future. I remember reading somewhere years ago in Kim's first senior season that there were not a lot of kids trying figure skating in Korea. One would hope that with Kim's success ore will give it a try which could lead to more stars.

vCash
    Kim Takes Golden Spin To Zagreb (competition recap and photos): http://blog.europeonice.com/?eid=441

ETA: Kim Yu-na Mulls Final Tune-up at Home Before Olympics
    Kim Yu-na ... said at a press conference on Monday, "No matter how well you do in practice, it's how you perform in competitions that really matter."

Kim said she may compete at the national championships, which will be held at an ice rink in Gyeonggi Province from Jan. 3 to 5, if she decides to fit in one last event before the fast-approaching Winter Games.

She has already ruled out the possibility of appearing at the 2014 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in Taipei from Jan. 20 to 26. As the event only leaves a week's rest before the opening of the Olympics on Feb. 7, she said she does not want to feel burned out psychologically or physically.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-11-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Yuna has apparently confirmed her participation at Korean Nationals, which are being held Jan 3-5. She put in the paperwork over the weekend.

So it looks like we will be seeing her at least once more before Sochi.

Yuna seems to be following a very similar game plan to that of last season, a B comp, then Nationals, then the Big Enchilada.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415