Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yuna needs at least one more competition and probably 2 before Sochi to start feeling like she's ready to defend her Olympic title. She especially needs it to build up her stamina. If this is going to be her only event before Sochi it's ill advised no matter how good she is.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I'm not a fan of her programs or costumes, both last season and this season. Everything just appears too bland and not Olympic worthy for my tastes. There is no fire in her this Olympic cycle. Her programs look the same and she doesn't bring enough emotion into her performances. There is no variety in her movement or choreography. She seems detached from the programs and from the audience.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Yuna needs at least one more competition and probably 2 before Sochi to start feeling like she's ready to defend her Olympic title. She especially needs it to build up her stamina. If this is going to be her only event before Sochi it's ill advised no matter how good she is.
    I agree, that would be how I would play it as well, but I'm sure she doesn't need my advice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    You said she hasn't won a major title since the 2010 Olympics, I would consider the 2013 world title a major one. And she's only been to three World Competitions since the Olympics ended and has medaled every time. No other skater can state they've medaled at not only every worlds but ever competition they've ever been in.
    I kinda meant till the 2013 worlds, Seeing we talked about her reaction at that event, And whether she only went to a couple worlds since then is beside the point, She still hasn't won a major event since Olympics, She basically just missed one worlds since .

I'm open to the possibility she was just used to it, Seeing i thought the same thing myself,
    My only point was my misconception of her beatability.

1) Fake London. I will say no more.

2) In her Senior International career (not including Senior B and Nationals), Yuna has won something like 14 out of 20 events, or around 70%, IIRC. By way of contrast, her closest contemporary, Mao, has won 19 out of 39, if I'm counting right, or around 49%. If Yuna does not have the highest winning percentage in what is roughly the post-Janet "modern" era, I'd like to know who does. Here is a quick and dirty sampling of a few of the most prominent skaters:
    I don't understand "Fake London" can u clarify ?

And yes, she does win a lot, But i thought we were talking about major events, That percentage would be a bit different all around .

My first reaction to this was to agree and move on,
    Yuna is unbeatable and the best etc.

But then i realised :
    a) That was only her second world win
    b) She lost worlds 4 times, That's double her wins
    c) She hasn't won a major competition since the 2010 Olympics, or any competition at all (Apart from Korean nationals)
    d) she had a dicey SP score

She may have the highest skills and scores, But i'm not sure if she's "Used" to winning,
    She may have been to the highest highs, But statistically she's beatable,

So maybe it was something else other than being used to it
    I didn't get into the whole "Reputation" thing yet, But i don't feel this comment is either offensive or inaccurate,
    So it's beyond me why people would be that passionate to slap me with red ones over it .

Maybe it sounds like i'm upset when i write,
    I'm not
    I'm always calm, Always smiling and usually humorous

I'm obsessed with Yuna,
    Still want Mao to bag this one though
    Then again, My dream podium would also have Kostner and Wagner on it :\

vCash
    I kinda meant till the 2013 worlds, Seeing we talked about her reaction at that event, And whether she only went to a couple worlds since then is beside the point, She still hasn't won a major event since Olympics, She basically just missed one worlds since .
    Kim only competed in three major events since Vancover....She actually has more world medals than Asada even though Asada's been at more worlds.

vCash
    Kim only competed in three major events since Vancover....She actually has more world medals than Asada even though Asada's been at more worlds.
    She has the same amount of victories, And we were talking about those (though i wasn't going for a competition),
    And again, My point was she didn't have a winning moment (that mattered, in skating) since olympics, Doesn't matter how much she competed

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    She has the same amount of victories, And we were talking about those (though i wasn't going for a competition),
    And again, My point was she didn't have a winning moment (that mattered, in skating) since olympics, Doesn't matter how much she competed
    Eladola, I'm going to assume you are not a troll, and simply just don't know.

"Fake" London, Ontario, is where last year's World Championships were held. After a break of almost two years, Yuna, with only a couple of minor event warm-ups, did a Tunguska on the ladies field, winning Gold by over 20 points over Caro and Mao. Yuna was not only essentially clean in both programs, but her Free Skate, scoring over 148, is considered by many to be one of the greatest competitive performances of all time.

If you didn't know this, forgive me for being just a tad skeptical about the weight of your opinions on the topic at hand. I'm not trying to be offensive; it is genuine puzzlement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Eladola, I'm going to assume you are not a troll, and simply just don't know.

"Fake" London, Ontario, is where last year's World Championships were held. After a break of almost two years, Yuna, with only a couple of minor event warm-ups, did a Tunguska on the ladies field, winning Gold by over 20 points over Caro and Mao. Yuna was not only essentially clean in both programs, but her Free Skate, scoring over 148, is considered by many to be one of the greatest competitive performances of all time.

If you didn't know this, forgive me for being just a tad skeptical about the weight of your opinions on the topic at hand. I'm not trying to be offensive; it is genuine puzzlement.
    Are you for real ?

Nevermind,
    Why did you write "Fake London, i'll say no more" as a response to my former post, I didn't what was your point

vCash
    And we keep on pointing out she did. She's the reigning world champion. That's a winning moment.

vCash
    And we keep on pointing out she did. She's the reigning world champion. That's a winning moment.
    That's a troll if there ever was one .
    I'm putting an end to this, It's bothering the thread now

vCash
    Worlds 2013 was not a winning moment that mattered in skating?! Holy cow.

So skating last of the entire Worlds competition, after a long break since Vancouver, and going 100% clean with the crowd going wild at the end and nearly matching her Vancouver LP score of 150. This was not a winning moment, a moment that mattered in skating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Worlds 2013 was not a winning moment that mattered in skating?! Holy cow.

So skating last of the entire Worlds competition, after a long break since Vancouver, and going 100% clean with the crowd going wild at the end and nearly matching her Vancouver LP score of 150. This was not a winning moment, a moment that mattered in skating?
    Triplewallie, This conversation started because we were talking about her reaction after the FS at worlds 2013.
    Up until that point, She didn't.

Holy cow

For your convenience, here is what i originally responded to

In terms of whether she's happy or not, I kind of agree that we don't know her mind. I've noticed she didn't seem as excited about her worlds win as previous..But she may be use to it.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Triplewallie, This conversation started because we were talking about her reaction after the FS at worlds 2013.
    Up until that point, She didn't.

Holy cow

For your convenience, here is what i originally responded to
    Eladola, based on the last few posts, I am now suspecting that there is a huge disconnect between what many posters (including me) seem to understand you to have said, and what you think you said.

It may be a language issue, but I still can't figure out what you think you're trying to say. (Wow, this is tough)

vCash
    Eladola, based on the last few posts, I am now suspecting that there is a huge disconnect between what many posters (including me) seem to understand you to have said, and what you think you said.

It may be a language issue, but I still can't figure out what you think you're trying to say. (Wow, this is tough)
    Thanks for being nice at least,
    People have been pretty evil in private messages .

It's not a language thing, I responded to someone saying something about her reaction at worlds 2013, (i don't think i was unclear, you can go back and check, i even specified facts from worlds 2013 in my comments so obviously i'm aware of the event, Sadly couldn't get tickets though)
    The problem was when for some reason people, i guess, thought i was talking about her reaction yesterday

I would have let this go earlier but some people went out of their way to make me fell like s**t,
    I hope they get banned for a month,

Sorry for spamming the thread with this,
    Let's get back to Yuna shall we ?

Curiously curious
    vCash
    OK, good idea. Clean slates for everyone.

vCash
    OK, good idea. Clean slates for everyone.
    Yes, Except for my Reputation point situation

SO, does anyone have a link to the protocol of the FS ?
    I kinda was surprised at the score, even with the fall and no 3t

vCash
    SO, does anyone have a link to the protocol of the FS ?
    http://croskate.hr/Html/GSp13_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

From the Reputaton FAQ in the Board Business forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Reputation-FAQ
    - Posting comments about having been repped or planning to rep someone on the board is frowned upon. Rep is nothing to be taken seriously.
    - If you don't like it, disable it.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I was in Zagreb and my impression was that the short worked really well for Yuna. She seemed to be a lot more emotionally involved in it than she has seemed to me to be the previous times I've seen her live.

I wasn't so enamoured with the free. I thought it was a bit generic. If she skates it well, no doubt it will score well, but it didn't appeal to me.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I quite like both programs The SP will be a beautiful way to send her goodbye to the sport, and the LP will be phenomenal if she skates it with fire. The emoting has gotten a LOT better from last year, and hopefully it will improve more by the Olympics!

The LP dress is gorgeous, and the SP dress isn't too bad unless you take out the sleeves. I miss the Kiss of the Vampire dress though, that was purely gorgeous.

vCash
    I wonder why just the level 1 for her final spin?!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast