Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

vCash
    The puffy arms are what ruins the dress and somehow draws more attention to her poor leg lines because you aren't distracted by her elegant arms.

vCash
    Her costume is olive green and I think she looks lovely in it. I love her SP.

vCash
    Hell I'm just relieved that she didn't dress up like a clown. +3 GOE for not taking the literal route.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Send in the Clowns with powerful skating and deep pivots. Reminds me of Tonya Harding (in a good way). Love the short.
    I wish she would have really reminded us of Tonya Harding by ending it with "Wild Thing".
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Ehh that dress is hideous. It's the worst combination of yellow and green you can do... At least Nancy's was more gold/yellow colored.

I really wish David would have given her better music cuts. Send in the Clowns is a such a beautiful piece of music and Yuna's short program is literally the same melody playing for an entire 3 minutes. He really could have mixed it up.

Teenage Mutant
    vCash
    Maybe she is trying to channel Peggy and her chartreuse dress?

Personally, I like it when skaters wear "non-traditional" colors. I'm all for people breaking the mold...even if it means your skin looks a little jaundice.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Blergh
    vCash
    I think Send in the Clowns loses a lot of impact without the lyrics…and when it's out of context.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I think Send in the Clowns loses a lot of impact without the lyrics…and when it's out of context.
    Well wait until next season.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Well wait until next season.
    Are you saying they are going to allow lyrics next season?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    You didn't know?

Part of the reasoning for the rule change is to reduce repetitive music selections. However I suspect we'll see just as many Carmens, Les Miserables, and Phantom....only now with vocals.
    Last edited by Dr.Siouxs; 12-06-2013 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveemoticons View Post
    Yuna's SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kyQJ-rUEhA

Step-out on 2A, 73 points
    Thanks a lot, iloveemoticons.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I take it all back--I don't like the SP and Yuna didn't not improve her line after all, at least not in this performance.
    What exactly did she do differently at that practice that made her lines look better to you?

Yuna's dress is greenish yellow, the color of mustard, if you want to be kind. As I am in health care, other analogies come to mind.
    Do you really mean vomit (sorry everyone else) ? If it's of this color, then there is something very, very wrong with that person. As I am not into health care, I can't think of anything else at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Ehh that dress is hideous. It's the worst combination of yellow and green you can do...
    I don't see what is so hideous about it. The cut and bedding are nice, although not anything spectacular. The color is untraditional, but certainly not ugly, if only everything that's not traditional and standard is not ugly per se for you.

Other than that a beautiful program and good enough skate for the first competition of the season.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-06-2013 at 11:33 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "Carmen" with Horne, Baltsa, Resnik, Michel
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    lauravvv, in her free skate practice Yuna stretched her body and extended her limbs better. The flexed feet were not as egregious. She really got into the character of the music and used the accents well, although the choreography is to be credited for that. She just seemed more free and sold the program in a way that I was buying. In the SP performance, she was back to the Yuna whose skating I respect for the excellent SS and amazing jump technique but don't really love.

As to your second question, do you really need colored illustrations?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    lauravvv, in her free skate practice Yuna stretched her body and extended her limbs better. The flexed feet were not as egregious. She really got into the character of the music and used the accents well, although the choreography is to be credited for that. She just seemed more free and sold the program in a way that I was buying. In the SP performance, she was back to the Yuna whose skating I respect for the excellent SS and amazing jump technique but don't really love.
    Thanks for responding. I'll have to rewatch it.

As to your second question, do you really need colored illustrations?
    No, of course not. It's just that such a comparison reminds me of when someone compared the color of Savchenko's 'Pina' LP dress to a rotten drowned corpse which was not even realistic .

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post

No, of course not. It's just that such a comparison reminds me of when someone compared the color of Savchenko's 'Pina' LP dress to a rotten drowned corpse which was not even realistic .
    I haven't seen that dress but I can readily imagine the color. Can you link the dress, I am curious if what I have in mind matches the actual dress.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    OMG those Korean commentators are annoying in Miki's SP video. And they bashed her jumps!!!

And I'm wondering where all those Korean people came from in the stands... There are no Korean people in Croatia!
    Last edited by smarts1; 12-06-2013 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    OMG those Korean commentators are annoying in Miki's SP video. And they bashed her jumps!!!

And I'm wondering where all those Korean people came from in the stands... There are no Korean people in Croatia!
    Where do Koreans come from?

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Haha, I was being serious! After Yuna skated, the cameras looked in the crowd and almost everyone was Korean and the ice was littered with flowers and stuffed animals. But really where did they come from? Surely, they didn't all fly from Korea...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    You didn't know that Yuna has dedicated fans?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast