Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's just too bad Yuna didn't compete more in this Olympic cycle. I would have loved to seen her on the GP circuit again. Imagine the epic performances we would have seen. I don't think she's reached her peak as a skater.
    Last edited by Jammers; 12-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Yu-Na is just amazing! Can't wait to see those programs in competition.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXlRIIXslI

Highest Quality video - watch from 00:35.. amazingly amazing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Yuna Kim's Olympics Free Skating Program - "Adiós Nonino" Official Run-through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xhDVpJ_6r0
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXlRIIXslI

Highest Quality video - watch from 00:35.. amazingly amazing
    Thank you, RunnersHigh and ehdtkqorl123. This program surely has some beautiful moments, but I still find some accents lacking, especially in the step sequence. Also some other accents look a bit too similar - I mean the turns. Plus, I expected something fiercer to counter the softness and lyricism of the SP, but this is a quite soft tango. Perhaps in competition when skating the complete program Yuna will raise the level of "fierce" .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Perhaps in competition when skating the complete program Yuna will raise the level of "fierce" .
    She is just back from the injury and not in perfectly good shape.
    And she said it is the hardest program ever c/z it's full of choreography from the begining to the end.
    May some advise team Yuna like you and if it's regarded as appropriate they will rework on the program as usual.

Yes, you're right! Armed with costume, makeup and full choreography, the program will be changed from a run-through to something special.
    And she has 2 and a half months to polish it the more.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Am I the only person who doesn't like Yuna's LP?..... Adios Noninos is a beautiful piece of music and that particular selection by David hurt my ears the whole time. I don't what he was thinking with those cuts. He should have went with something more like Lulu's or Laura Lepisto's soundtracks. What is with all these skaters using screechy music selections season (ie Ashley)?

The short is fine. Though it would be nice if David used other cuts in it instead of the same thing. Send in the Clowns is also a beautiful piece of music and that program doesn't bolster the music enough.
    Last edited by smarts1; 12-06-2013 at 02:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    She is just back from the injury and not in perfectly good shape.
    And she said it is the hardest program ever c/z it's full of choreography from the begining to the end.
    May some advise team Yuna like you and if it's regarded as appropriate they will rework on the program as usual.
    I understand that perfectly well. I was just "evaluating" the program in its current practice look.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't like Yuna's LP?..... Adios Noninos is a beautiful piece of music and that particular selection by David hurt my ears the whole time. I don't what he was thinking with those cuts. He should have went with something more like Lulu's or Laura Lepisto's soundtracks. What is with all these skaters using screechy music selections season (ie Ashley)?
    To be fair to Kim, I was not enamored with the music when Lulu skated to it. I found the program to be really boring and the music to be sort of grating.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    This is the variation used in Yuna's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6trtGPUofY

It's not scratchy to me--the piano and the bandoneon dominate the composition in this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you, RunnersHigh and ehdtkqorl123. This program surely has some beautiful moments, but I still find some accents lacking, especially in the step sequence. Also some other accents look a bit too similar - I mean the turns. Plus, I expected something fiercer to counter the softness and lyricism of the SP, but this is a quite soft tango. Perhaps in competition when skating the complete program Yuna will raise the level of "fierce" .
    This is pretty fierce: http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6043/fpw.gif

That's just before her step sequence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    To be fair to Kim, I was not enamored with the music when Lulu skated to it. I found the program to be really boring and the music to be sort of grating.
    True. Lulu's was a little boring, but there were at least portions of it that were beautiful. I find Yuna's program, as you put it, grating the whole time. There isn't much in it for me to appreciate the music...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    This is the variation used in Yuna's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6trtGPUofY

It's not scratchy to me--the piano and the bandoneon dominate the composition in this one.
    I think it's mostly the bandoneon that's bothering me with the music. The opening piano part also is a little screechy. I don't know. I came on here and saw all the people who loved Yuna's programs and I thought they would be masterpieces. There's more choreography than usual in her programs this year, but the music ruins both programs for me to be honest. :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    True. Lulu's was a little boring, but there were at least portions of it that were beautiful. I find Yuna's program, as you put it, grating the whole time. There isn't much in it for me to appreciate the music...

I think it's mostly the bandoneon that's bothering me with the music. The opening piano part also is a little screechy. I don't know. I came on here and saw all the people who loved Yuna's programs and I thought they would be masterpieces. There's more choreography than usual in her programs this year, but the music ruins both programs for me to be honest. :/
    We've only seen about 70% of the choreography in both programs--she did skipped a bunch of sections. Not to mention she was obviously more loose and less clear with her expressions/movements in practice. We'll see the full programs soon enough.

As for the music, that's a matter of taste. Some people love this particular variation of Adios Nonino--it's a popular Broadway composition. The only part I find a little grating is the choreo sequence at the end. But up to the last 3Salchow, I think it's just fine for my ears.

vCash
    I guess she actually went through most of the choreography with that run-thru. The missing parts are for the spins, it seems.

I like the program, the music cut, piano, bandoneon and all. Without bandoneon, it's not Piazzolla. Especially with Adios Nonino, it is essential. I think Piazzolla would have been happy with this edit. I want to see the full program with costume and little more emoting. This has the potential to be a special tango program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat decaro View Post
    I guess she actually went through most of the choreography with that run-thru. The missing parts are for the spins, it seems.

I like the program, the music cut, piano, bandoneon and all. Without bandoneon, it's not Piazzolla. Especially with Adios Nonino, it is essential. I think Piazzolla would have been happy with this edit. I want to see the full program with costume and little more emoting. This has the potential to be a special tango program.
    But I think it's too much bandoneon though... I don't know maybe the program will grow on me. Ashley's screechy LP music is starting to grow on me too. Maybe it's also because she's using a version skaters normally don't skate to. When I listened to it at first, I was like this isn't Adios Noninos...

vCash
    Thanks for the links! I can't wait to see the complete programs in competition.

vCash
    Holding out on my final verdict for Adios Nonino until I can see it in competition, and further along in the season. The back half looks choreographically empty (lots of cross overs) based on this run-through, but that's not to say that it will be as such in Sochi. Otherwise, the program is amazing!

vCash
    Send in the Clowns with powerful skating and deep pivots. Reminds me of Tonya Harding (in a good way). Love the short.

The long looks promising and can be wonderful once she turns it on.

Those fan cams have wonderfully captured her wonderful skating skills.

vCash
    Just watched her doing the rehearsal. It was amazing! Although she skipped some parts, it was still awesome... Can't wait to see the actual SP!!

vCash

vCash
    Oh gawd, I'm really disappointed with her SP costume. Yuna usually has the best skating outfits out of all the ladies (Kiss of the Vampire and her Olympics costumes were gorgeous), and I was really looking forwards to seeing her outfits for this seasons.

That mustard yellow is unflattering. Ugh.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast