Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Yuna Kim announces new programs for 2013-14 season

Originally posted in the Programs/Choreographers thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle K View Post
    Yu-Na Kim
    SP: Send in the clowns
    FS: Adios Nonino
    Thank you. Here's an English source link: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...003400315.html

Article in Korean with quotes by Kim and David Wilson via All That Sports' press release: http://sports.naver.com/general/news...aid=0002834342
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    i hope the choreography of Adios Nonino is strong and yet passionate and it will be a challenge for her because she never skate a clean program in the lp that is not soft and lyrical

send in the clowns is such a beautiful piece which is interesting because yuna never skated to a soft and not upbeat music in the sp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    i hope the choreography of Adios Nonino is strong and yet passionate and it will be a challenge for her because she never skate a clean program in the lp that is not soft and lyrical

send in the clowns is such a beautiful piece which is interesting because yuna never skated to a soft and not upbeat music in the sp
    Not sure I'd call Les Mis soft or lyrical. It had a 'slow' middle section with "On My Own" but the rest can hardly be called 'soft'. On the other hand, "Home to Korea" and the "Lark Ascending" were much more lyrical/soft and yet she wasn't clean. I don't think Yuna going clean has anything to do with the music...

vCash
    'Send in the clowns' should be a beautiful program. I look forward to it.

I am not familiar with the LP music.

vCash
    I think Adios Nonino is a fantastic LP choice for Yuna ...I'm more hesitant about the SP choice, it's a great piece, but not something I'd associate with Yuna, I'm sure she will make me warm up to it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post

Listen to this then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTPec8z5vdY

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    send in the clowns without a hoop is kind of a let down
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    send in the clowns without a hoop is kind of a let down
    I will root for her if she goes full on clown make-up and paints a single tear on her cheek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post

Jeffrey Buttle skated to Adios Nonino but it was the short program for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsphwWu1B2s

vCash
    Cool choices! Can't wait for the programs. I'm not a huge fan of Send in the Clowns (love Sondheim, but I think it's his weakest song), but I think it could work well for Yu-Na.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I will root for her if she goes full on clown make-up and paints a single tear on her cheek.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Jeffrey Buttle skated to Adios Nonino but it was the short program for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsphwWu1B2s
    Lu Chen used it in 98 for her SP too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post

Absolutely, I wish it was the contrary : Send in the clowns as LP and Adios Nonino as SP !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    i love this version... can' t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Absolutely, I wish it was the contrary : Send in the clowns as LP and Adios Nonino as SP !
    yuna said that this lp is the most difficult program she's ever done.. so it will be interesting what kind of choreography david wilson did for her..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Article in Korean with quotes by Kim and David Wilson via All That Sports' press release: http://sports.naver.com/general/news...aid=0002834342
    Always looking forward to her skating.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    yeah, 'send in the clowns' revival at the olympics. such a greta program of s/s, i expect the same of yu-na kim. for myself, gorgeous choices, i'm really looking forward to see her skating to this

vCash
    Challenging choice for LP.
    This music is difficult to interpret, and (while being a very beautiful music) is somewhat boring. Even Buttle‘s brilliant ‘short‘ program (which is not LP like Yuna) gave me ‘zzZ‘ moments.
    Piazzolla pieces such as Oblivion, Milonga Del Angel etc. would be more ear-catching to audience and less difficult to interpret.

Anyway, among singles Yuna‘s music choices with Dai‘s are the most fresh and not-conservative.
    Last edited by t.mann; 08-26-2013 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Kim Yu-na announces new programs for upcoming season
    http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20130826000745

She said she'd long wanted to perform to "Send in the Clowns" since she first listened to the piece.
    "Adios Nonino" is a tango piece that Kim said is "an exact opposite" to her short program music, and she also called it "one of my favorite songs."
    "For my last competitive season, I am pleased to have selected songs that I've always wanted to use in my programs," she said.
    "I think my free skate will probably be the most difficult program I've ever done, but I am satisfied with the choice."

vCash
    For my last competitive season
    I wanna bet Yuna will be heavily pressured to come back in 2018, especially if the current young girls fail to live up to their promises.

vCash
    Both music choices sound good to me. Clowns is a classic piece and I think she'll be able to pull it off very nicely. Kanako Murakami's skated to Piazzolla last season for her FS and used Adios Nonino as one of her selections. I think Yu-Na's Tango de Roxanne was one of her strongest programs and she definitely able to pull off the tango feel without a problem. I'm glad she views the program as difficult. Even though she could easily coast to Sochi if she wanted to, it's nice to see her still challenging herself.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast