Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    I wouldn't count Kostner out of the race for the gold medal just yet - lets see what happens at Europeans, if Kostner wins there and looks strong - short program above 70, free skate above 130 - then she will be positioned for a medal.
    ITA. But I guess I was just surprised at how underwhelming she was on the GP circuit. She supposed to be in Mao's league if we are to judge by results last season, but she skated w/o falls in the LP, a completely clean SP w/ positive GOE on all her elements at RC and still only managed 190 points.

vCash
    Carolina may had peaked about two years ago. She will turn 27 during the Olympics and you have to wonder if she's on a downward spiral however small.

vCash
    I think Sochi is going to be a nail biter. I think Ashley has a good shot at a podium finish. How exciting. I am getting my IV Valium equipment out and dusting it off so I can hook up and not stroke out from the nerves (mine) while watching.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I'm going to wait for Europeans for Carolina. She seems off this season.

vCash
    Look Like an Olympian: Ashley Wagner talks workout and makeup musts
    http://today.com/sochi/look-olympian...sts-2D11728771
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Video of Ashley on the Today show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJL_yvgsef8

Can I just say that I have never seen Ashley so beautiful, wow. She is definitely worthy of the Covergirl designation, and she skated like a true woman. *whistles*

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, she looked beautiful and skated beautifully.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Video of Ashley on the Today show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJL_yvgsef8

Can I just say that I have never seen Ashley so beautiful, wow. She is definitely worthy of the Covergirl designation, and she skated like a true woman. *whistles*
    Thanks. I didn't realize that you posted it here, and shared it in the TV alerts thread.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Tweeted by @DavidBaden, Ashley's agent:
    "Look for @AshWagner2010 @Adaripp on @TheVoice_TF1 Tues Night @CarsonDaly giving #olympic #SHOUTOUT live"
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I would love to see Ashley to get an Oly medal. She is a great skater, and the little I have spoken to her, also a wonderful, intelligent and educated person.

vCash
    Big kudos to the make-up team that did Ashley's hair and make-up, she looks stunning. Lovely performance, great advertising for the US Olympic team. Go Ashley.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tweeted by @DavidBaden, Ashley's agent:
    "Look for @AshWagner2010 @Adaripp on @TheVoice_TF1 Tues Night @CarsonDaly giving #olympic #SHOUTOUT live"
    Short video clip: http://instagram.com/p/iDAEvnPnts/

vCash
    I TOO ADORE THE NEW DRESS, the one Ashley wore on the TODAY Show, black and blue, let this be the new and final Juliet dress.

And see if t he short can have any more diamonds, do it up big.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Merry Christmas from Ashley. She tweeted this picture of herself and her cat: http://instagram.com/p/iVA8WQir0q/

Below it was this tweet:
    Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010 3h
    Missing my family and home so much this Christmas...it's the final push and it will all be worth it in the end! #determined
    It WILL be worth it, Ashley. Sometimes we forget how much skaters sacrifice for their sport.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Merry Christmas from Ashley. She tweeted this picture of herself and her cat: http://instagram.com/p/iVA8WQir0q/

Below it was this tweet:

It WILL be worth it, Ashley. Sometimes we forget how much skaters sacrifice for their sport.
    Ooh. Excited! It sounds like Ashley forewent the holidays to concentrate on what she needs to do for Nationals and Sochi. Loving the hunger for success on the ice! PLEASE bring it for Sochi!

BTW, can we package this attitude for the other US ladies? I want a hair-raising Nationals!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post

Below it was this tweet:

So true! It must be tough. I really want it all to pay off for her.
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan interviews Ashley Wagner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02SV051-Mpc

"New Approach for Ashley Wagner Headed to Sochi"

vCash
    Thanks,

SS are a focus this year - Rafael Arutunian has her do an hour of stroking at practice. I have seen a difference this season in her basic glide. BTW, there's no mention of John Nicks. I wonder if she's spending as much time w/ him as planned at the beginning of the season. Her spins and spiral were really great w/ John Nicks (not saying they are bad now)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Michelle Kwan interviews Ashley Wagner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02SV051-Mpc

"New Approach for Ashley Wagner Headed to Sochi"
    Thanks for posting! Really good interview I thought. Makes me excited for Nationals and to see how she holds up. I'm hoping for National title #3.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Michelle looks great. Thanks for the link.

from Speedy Death

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast