Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    In any case, Ashley will not be skating as a wronged or victimized maiden again. I don't think we will be seeing Giselle from her any time soon...
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Hmmmm...Ashley has used up most of the warhorses already. Except Carmen and Tosca.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Hmmmm...Ashley has used up most of the warhorses already. Except Carmen and Tosca.
    S&D is a warhorse? Oh yeah...Joannie. But I can never remember that program, not even when she skated it, was only reminded by FSU. Ashley has done some outside the box too: Pink Floyd, Pollock.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    In a couple years after Mao's version isn't so recent, I would die to see Ashley skate to Rach2. I feel like she'd be amazing to that.

I've never thought of Ashley as a skater who uses many warhorses, but I do hope she does a good warhorse or two over the next quad. I might be the only person in the world who will say that hahahha, I am a sucker for a well-done warhorse

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The Black Swan was all kinds of awesome. That said, I don't see her doing a good Rach 2. Rach 2 is about tragedy, not bravura and tragedy is not Ashley. She skates with passion but the wrong kind of passion for Rach 2.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    S&D is a warhorse? Oh yeah...Joannie. But I can never remember that program, not even when she skated it, was only reminded by FSU. Ashley has done some outside the box too: Pink Floyd, Pollock.
    S&D is a warhorse, but not in the same sense as a warhorse like Carmen (at least one program per season). Two other S&D programs, aside from Joannie's, that come to my mind are Kristi Yamaguchi's and Elena Sokolova's during the 2002-2003 season.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Well, I missed those too so Ashley's will always be THE S&D, especially the 2012-2013 season version. For some reason I never warmed up to Frankenstein.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Well, I missed those too so Ashley's will always be THE S&D, especially the 2012-2013 season version. For some reason I never warmed up to Frankenstein.
    I must say that I really enjoyed her 2014 Worlds version of S&D and think it is superior to the original in some ways. She added a lot of little things that filled it out a bit and I especially like the impact of the ending choreographic sequence.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_E View Post
    I must say that I really enjoyed her 2014 Worlds version of S&D and think it is superior to the original in some ways. She added a lot of little things that filled it out a bit and I especially like the impact of the ending choreographic sequence.
    I see that and have heard the same from quite of few fans. I can't put my finger on why I don't like it as much.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_E View Post
    Agreed. I liked it better than the original, but for some reason, it didn't fly that well with the judges. I think her calling it a frankenstein of a program hurt the program in the eyes of the judges a bit since she borrowed most of the choreography from her R&J program.

vCash
    I see that and have heard the same from quite of few fans. I can't put my finger on why I don't like it as much.
    I was one of those fans. The program was more complex yet flowed better. She addressed the nuances of the music as much as she could and sold it even more than in 2013.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I was one of those fans. The program was more complex yet flowed better. She addressed the nuances of the music as much as she could and sold it even more than in 2013.
    I actually meant you, mostly! I remember your post about it. And in my mind I totally understand what you mean. But in 2012-13, especially her TEB performance, she was truly fierce and really drew me in. I didn't feel that way in her 2014 S&D.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Personally, I preferred the 2014 version of Samson and Delilah to the 2013 one by a mile. When I look back on Ashley's videos, I will always go and watch the 2014 version as opposed to the original. I found the step sequence/choreo/spin at the end to be dramatically improved and the whole program had more power and was more nuanced. Further, I found the middle slow piece in the original to be contrived and to lose flow, same goes for the old step sequence which was seriously inferior. On the contrary, her new version built through the middle to a much stronger climax. The program was one of my favorites this season.

vCash
    Well, in 2013 she was hungry fighting her way up, in 2014 she was hungry even defending her own position.

vCash
    Hanyu left for Toronto on May 14th for choreography. It was not mentioned which program he works on, though. If he's working with Bourne now, Wager may work with her earlier too than Bourne mentioned in S Korea. I posted my translation of Hanyu's article on Japanese news thread in GSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, in 2013 she was hungry fighting her way up, in 2014 she was hungry even defending her own position.
    Good sign for Ashley. The fact that she won the LP among the American ladies at '14 Worlds, skating from the penultimate group and w/ a couple of UR calls shows she ain't goin' nowhere.

vCash
    May 16th Seattle Times chat transcript (on her 23rd birthday): http://seattletimes.com/html/othersp...gner-chat.html

The SOI tour ends in Seattle tonight.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ashley's current world ranking is number 4 Great way for her to go into next season in the top 5 of the world!

vCash
    So Ashley is in Toronto getting her long program choreographed by Shae Lynn, and Jeremy's tweet today makes me think it's a more dramatic program

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    More dramatic than what? Most Ashley's programs are dramatic--she does it well.

from Speedy Death

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast