Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 886
  1. #661

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Sage on a mountaintop
    Posts
    1,166
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2044
    I absolutely loved Ashley's new version of the marigold dress. A stunning color on her....unique and standout. I loved her skates here and do not understand her low balling by the judges, especially relative to Lip with falls and flip outs. I just love her fierce and spunky personality. I hope she continues and uses
    Kostner as a role model who really improved in her mid to late 20's.

  2. #662

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Driving the Han Yan Fan Van
    Posts
    9,169
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33791
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/wag...lympic-journey

    I love this. I also really want to go people watching and comment with her.
    Love how she says Delilah's a little crazy/showing crazy eyes but she's OK with the crazy eyes.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

  3. #663
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    Not my favorite, but I wouldn't call it hideous.



    Maybe so, but hardly anyone respects the judges from this event, so that doesn't mean much. If she had been Russian, her scores would have been higher.



    A crowd that has been widely criticized for being the rudest and most partisan the sport has seen in a long time.



    But the judging at nationals put her in fourth. The controversy was over the selection committee's decision. It's an entirely different situation.
    I didn't know the russians olys had to be the americans olys lol! as for bad judgiing,like I said on another post, just wait till the next olys in south korea. Is going to be much worse for americans and russians lol!

  4. #664
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is she retiring?

  5. #665
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    793
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Commending Ashley for giving a great performance. And speaking out to the farce of the scoring/judges.

  6. #666
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love her control on the ice !
    Yes, she was not perfect in the LP, but she tried her best, and fought for everything. Very very nice spirit !
    CONGRATS !

  7. #667
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    639
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooke View Post
    Commending Ashley for giving a great performance. And speaking out to the farce of the scoring/judges.
    This morning on the "Today Show" Ashley said she had no complaints about the medalists.
    I think she must be upset that Julia was scored so high after skating far from her best. I happen to agree.

  8. #668
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Water, water everywhere
    Posts
    3,928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/wag...lympic-journey

    I love this. I also really want to go people watching and comment with her.
    Thanks. omg this is so funny. "Crazy eyes." And her explanation of why she doesn't like spins.
    And to anyone who doesn't think I belong here: "Take a look at that and have nice day. " (Remiscent of Plushenko's response.)

  9. #669
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    This morning on the "Today Show" Ashley said she had no complaints about the medalists.
    I think she must be upset that Julia was scored so high after skating far from her best. I happen to agree.
    are you sure she was not talking about gracie gold? lol!

  10. #670
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    are you sure she was not talking about gracie gold? lol!
    honestly, I think she was talking about cop. Gracie fell in LP. Julia fell in both the sp and LP. But cop allows for such things. Mao fell in the sp, and despite her amazing LP for the ages, only cop would allow her to vault over Ashley with such a disasterous sp.

  11. #671
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    honestly, I think she was talking about cop. Gracie fell in LP. Julia fell in both the sp and LP. But cop allows for such things. Mao fell in the sp, and despite her amazing LP for the ages, only cop would allow her to vault over Ashley with such a disasterous sp.
    Wrong. It was Mao's Body of Work that allowed her to vault over Ashley.

  12. #672
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,101
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Yes, but she had two two foots.
    That's better than falling. The TV viewers don't know the significance of two footing, but if you're sitting on your butt, they know that's bad.

  13. #673
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    She did not have the respect of the judges, and was booed (whistled) by the crowd.
    I took the crowd's response to be aimed at the judges for lowballing Ashley's score.

  14. #674
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/why-a...e-skating?bftw

    This writer didn't do their research .....

  15. #675
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,113
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Um, Emily? Ashley's opening combo is a triple flip/triple toe. If you want to sound semi-competent, please learn the difference.

    Most people who watch skating don’t realize how much more difficult a double axel/triple toe combination is than a triple lutz/double toe, how much faster Gracie Gold and Yulia Lipnitskaya can spin than the others, or how much higher and Kim Yu-Na can jump.
    And you do, Emily? You do?


    FTR, Sotnikova jumps higher than Kim.

    What a hack.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  16. #676
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    59
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I took the crowd's response to be aimed at the judges for lowballing Ashley's score.
    I'll check the recording when I get home, but would you be surprised if it was not about the scores? You realize there was a lot of outrage about her being named to the team over Mirai. Did you really think people have forgotten about that so quickly?

  17. #677
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Wrong. It was Mao's Body of Work that allowed her to vault over Ashley.

    COP doesn't have factored placements, so skaters who falter in the SP can rise much quicker in the standings with a good LP that they could under the 6.0 used in the later years. WTH does "Body of Work" mean? That she had more experience to channel her inner strength and rebound? That she got higher PCS due to reputation judging? She placed higher because COP scored her higher and there is no mark that I know of for "Body of Work".

  18. #678
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/why-a...e-skating?bftw

    This writer didn't do their research .....
    Wagner feels she was "gypped"? Tell that to Nagasu! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

  19. #679
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,113
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Wagner feels she was "gypped"? Tell that to Nagasu! (Sorry, couldn't resist)
    Or how about not using that word at all? Someone has already clued Ashley in why she shouldn't use that word. Do you need the explanation too?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  20. #680

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,715
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    I'll check the recording when I get home, but would you be surprised if it was not about the scores? You realize there was a lot of outrage about her being named to the team over Mirai. Did you really think people have forgotten about that so quickly?
    Pretty sure the Russian crowd did not give two flips over what US ladies were at the Olympics. Or anyone else, after Ashley laid down two clean short programs. If you think the booing was about anything other than her scores, you're looking for too much drama. Ashley had, to the casual viewer's eyes, a clean program. To see her end up in 6th must have confused people who didn't know about base scores or two foots.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •