Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can't wait to see Ashley's LP tonite. She's a true champion in every meaning of the word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    I thought Ashley skated very well - and I enjoyed this LP much more than the R&J. It's a shame she didn't make the change sooner.
    Hope she gets her 3/3 back for Worlds and makes a run at the podium there.
    I'll agree with this. The R&J needs to be buried in the deepest vault never to be seen again. This S&D is a much better LP in terms of music and construction and better than the previous S&D. And it is a good fit with Ashley's style and personality. I liked the dress....I mean "suit of armor" too. She does have some things to clean up before Worlds, and I'm looking forward to seeing this program again.

Did Ashley and Rafael work together to adjust the choreography on the S&D? I'm assuming David Wilson was not involved, and hopefully if she continues skating after this season, she'll avoid Wilson in the future. She ought to get her money back for that R&J.

vCash
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ashley-...205146099.html

This article is basically Ashley speaking her mind about the judging… But she said in it that she plans to go for 2018

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post

This article is basically Ashley speaking her mind about the judging… But she said in it that she plans to go for 2018
    Just saw Ashley's LP. Wow. I just have so much respect for this woman, for the person she is both on and off the ice.
    To think that she was actually receiving death threats after the Olympic selection, and for her to have the strength to regroup, honor her own vision for her skating and change her LP right before the Olympics-and to go out and skate like she did in that LP is amazing. Yes, she's going to need to work on making sure her second jump in her 3-3 jump is fully rotated, but she absolutely fought for that jump, and I have no doubt that Ashley will continue to work on that and continue to constantly fight and improve her skating, and whether she medals at worlds or even makes the Olympic team in 4 years, I don't know what more anyone can ask for. She is a wonderful representative for U.S. figure skating.

vCash
    That yellow dress is HIDEOUS! She did not have the respect of the judges, and was booed (whistled) by the crowd. It's time to retire, Ashley.

And how ironic that she's now crying about bad judging damaging the sport, after the questionable way she got on the team.
    Last edited by Doozy; 02-21-2014 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Just saw Ashley's LP. Wow. I just have so much respect for this woman, for the person she is both on and off the ice.
    To think that she was actually receiving death threats after the Olympic selection, and for her to have the strength to regroup, honor her own vision for her skating and change her LP right before the Olympics-and to go out and skate like she did in that LP is amazing. Yes, she's going to need to work on making sure her second jump in her 3-3 jump is fully rotated, but she absolutely fought for that jump, and I have no doubt that Ashley will continue to work on that and continue to constantly fight and improve her skating, and whether she medals at worlds or even makes the Olympic team in 4 years, I don't know what more anyone can ask for. She is a wonderful representative for U.S. figure skating.
    I agree! What she was able to achieve is actually unbelievable considering everything that was stacked against her. I won't forget her FS from this event, it's the Wagner skate that I will keep rewatching time after time, she totally sold the program. Can't wait to see it again at worlds!

I hope she takes this summer with Raf and tackles re-learning a proper lutz, it will make a huge point difference moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    That yellow dress is HIDEOUS! She did not have the respect of the judges, and was booed (whistled) by the crowd. It's time to retire, Ashley.
    WTF are you doing here? I actually thought the dress was one of the nicest of the ladies event, and really stunning. She looked amazing in it, and it was 10x better than the first Samson dress.

The judges also gave her a very large PCS score, the 7th highest of the night in the most packed ladies field figure skating has ever seen, and the strongest night of ladies figure skating in history.

She is certainly respected. That was a kick-ass skate. And there were no boos at all?

vCash
    To think that she was actually receiving death threats after the Olympic selection, and for her to have the strength to regroup, honor her own vision for her skating and change her LP right before the Olympics-and to go out and skate like she did in that LP is amazing.
    Where was it reported she got those kinds of threats. (Not that I doubt it could happen)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    Where was it reported she got those kinds of threats. (Not that I doubt it could happen)
    From the Time article on her costume designer:
    Take U.S. skater Ashley Wagner. After her disastrous performance at U.S. nationals, which were a big part of the Olympic selection process – she fell on two of her jumps in the free program – she was still named to the three-woman ladies’ team for Sochi based on her competitive record this season, over third-place finisher and Olympian Mirai Nagasu. She immediately became the target of hate mail, death threats and bullying about being gifted the spot on the Olympic squad.

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2...ating-costume/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post

I hope she takes this summer with Raf and tackles re-learning a proper lutz, it will make a huge point difference moving forward.
    Why bother fixing her lutz? Adelina has a blatant flutz, and it didn't stop her from HANDILY beating Yuna and Carolina, who actually have correct technique on their flips and lutzes.

vCash
    ^ True. But there's nobody in the background buying Ashley a medal so she needs to do everything it takes.

I agree it might not seem worth it, but Ashley needs to fight for every point she can get. If she fixed her lutz, upgraded her spins, and kept her consistency up then she could gain a lot of points right there, maybe a solid 5 points per FS. If she doesn't make changes, she's just going to stay where she is in the world.. It seems the scoring system is no longer looking for a package, they just want high GOE on every element and decency through the rest. Unfortunately, GOE is not Ashley's friend.

vCash
    So proud of her and she is just so cool.

vCash
    GO ASHLEY. She skated brilliantly. I prefer her over Gracie in every way. Good on her for calling out the judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    So proud of her and she is just so cool.
    So she'll go to Worlds and continue? Woohoo!

vCash
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/wag...lympic-journey

I love this. I also really want to go people watching and comment with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosiekins View Post
    GO ASHLEY. She skated brilliantly. I prefer her over Gracie in every way. Good on her for calling out the judges.
    I missed the skating yesterday. I didn't find out until this morning that Gracie fell on the LP. Did Ashley stay on her feet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    I missed the skating yesterday. I didn't find out until this morning that Gracie fell on the LP. Did Ashley stay on her feet?
    Yes, but she had two two foots. Either way I'm so proud of her. I've been her fan since 2007 and I really hope I get to see her again before leaving the Olympics. I hope she's coming to the closing ceremonies!

I was talking with my mom this morning who was fuming over Yuna getting silver and the second thing she said was... The girl in the yellow dress. She skated amazingly but why was her score so low? Even people with no knowledge of the sport know how well she skated. Although I'm not a fan of this Russian crowd, it was nice to see them boo when Ashley's scores came up.
    Last edited by smarts1; 02-21-2014 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    That yellow dress is HIDEOUS!
    Not my favorite, but I wouldn't call it hideous.

She did not have the respect of the judges,
    Maybe so, but hardly anyone respects the judges from this event, so that doesn't mean much. If she had been Russian, her scores would have been higher.

and was booed (whistled) by the crowd.
    A crowd that has been widely criticized for being the rudest and most partisan the sport has seen in a long time.

And how ironic that she's now crying about bad judging damaging the sport, after the questionable way she got on the team.
    But the judging at nationals put her in fourth. The controversy was over the selection committee's decision. It's an entirely different situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/wag...lympic-journey

I love this. I also really want to go people watching and comment with her.
    Love it. Thanks for the link.

vCash
    I absolutely loved Ashley's new version of the marigold dress. A stunning color on her....unique and standout. I loved her skates here and do not understand her low balling by the judges, especially relative to Lip with falls and flip outs. I just love her fierce and spunky personality. I hope she continues and uses
    Kostner as a role model who really improved in her mid to late 20's.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast