Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Ashley, you stood up and rocked it! Proud of you, girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Final Flight.

vCash
    Ashley! I'm so proud of all she's accomplished already and how's handled herself in these games. I hope she goes out, leaves nothing to chance, skates lights out and most importantly-skates for herself. Good luck Ashley!

vCash
    Okay- anyone have any guesses on what Ashley is talking about here? Figure skaters don't usually go for surprises...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ashley-...113752830.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Okay- anyone have any guesses on what Ashley is talking about here? Figure skaters don't usually go for surprises...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ashley-...113752830.html
    I think she's being coy about the new free skate. Sounds to me like a journalist that hasn't done his research.

vCash
    I only saw the SPs that NBC showed, but to me hers was the one with a genuine fire. Anywhere but in front of that "Still Life Of Russian Audience" it would've gotten a standing O. Go Ash!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    "Still Life Of Russian Audience"

Go Ashley!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_E View Post
    I think she's being coy about the new free skate. Sounds to me like a journalist that hasn't done his research.
    Actually I think I heard Ashley say she had a surprise up her sleeve at a press conference. Don't think the journalist got it wrong at all.

My sources tell me Rafael is behind this and his secret trick is that he told Ashley to try skating clean for once.

Hope she does and maybe can then hope to equal Mirai's 4th place finish from Vancouver. Talk about redemption

Good luck Ashley and hope you skate your best LP of the season!
    Last edited by MrLucky; 02-20-2014 at 07:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Actually I think I heard Ashley say she had a surprise up her sleeve at a press conference. Don't think the journalist got it wrong at all.

My sources tell me Rafael is behind this and his secret trick is that he told Ashley to try skating clean for once.

Hope she does and maybe can then hope to equal Mirai's 4th place finish from Vancouver. Talk about redemption

Good luck Ashley and hope you skate your best LP of the season!
    Ashley scored her PB LP. And while her placement is lower than Nagasu's from 4 years ago (tougher competition this year) her scores are overall higher in both short and long.

Ashley proved she belonged on the team.

YAY Ashley!!!

vCash
    Ashley was awesome today. She really must have worked hard after nationals, she had all kinds of finesse, it was easily the best program she's ever skated IMO.

One of the Olympic highlights for me (among many in the ladies free). I'm disappointed the judges didn't reward her as much as I thought she should have been. I thought that was a 130's freeskate. They were a little stingy on the GOE, but of course there was the first combo and the 2 foots.

Also dare I say that Ashley has been looking movie star beautiful lately

vCash
    Great job by Ashley, a 2-time National Champion, 2-time Jr. World Bronze Medalist, and now an Olympian.

Here's hoping she does an equally great job at Sr. Worlds and earns 3 more spots, again, for the American women next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Ashley scored her PB LP. And while her placement is lower than Nagasu's from 4 years ago (tougher competition this year) her scores are overall higher in both short and long.

Ashley proved she belonged on the team.

YAY Ashley!!!
    I thought Ashley skated very well - and I enjoyed this LP much more than the R&J. It's a shame she didn't make the change sooner.
    Hope she gets her 3/3 back for Worlds and makes a run at the podium there.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Ashley was the one skater I was on the edge of my seat for. I was thrilled with her skate. Yes that 3/3 is her nemesis but good for her for powering through. Loved her reaction!!

Thank you Ashley!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    So proud of Ashley! Enjoy the Olympic bronze, and I hope she goes to Worlds and kicks some more ass.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Well done, Ashley. A beautiful, beautiful skate.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Interesting quote from Ashley about the judging:

“It’s not fair to skaters who work so hard,” said Wagner, who is perhaps the only athlete in the sport willing to talk like this. “People need to be held accountable. They need to get rid of the anonymity if they’re going to create a fan base. People don’t want to see a sport where someone falls down and goes above someone who doesn’t.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ol...icle-1.1621511

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    So proud of Ashley! Enjoy the Olympic bronze, and I hope she goes to Worlds and kicks some more ass.
    I would really like this!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash

“It’s not fair to skaters who work so hard,” said Wagner, who is perhaps the only athlete in the sport willing to talk like this. “People need to be held accountable. They need to get rid of the anonymity if they’re going to create a fan base. People don’t want to see a sport where someone falls down and goes above someone who doesn’t.”

I give props to Ashley for speaking out but judges are actually held accountable : if they don't overscore some skaters and try to be as unbiased as possible, they'll be sacked by their federation!

vCash

This is why I am such a huge fan of hers- she isn't afraid to speak out, yet says the right thing. I agreed with the idea Jeremy Abbott's "FU" quote, but man it came out sounding worse than it was... Ashley is clear, concise, and strong. Can't wait to see her skate!

vCash

The author writes: "When two skaters both perform clean programs, the way that Kim and Sotnikova did, it becomes a matter of counting the triples.........."

When has it ever not been about counting the triples?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    I give props to Ashley for speaking out but judges are actually held accountable : if they don't overscore some skaters and try to be as unbiased as possible, they'll be sacked by their federation!
    You mean as biased as possible, and yep.
    And I'm sure Ash's prolly getting more sh*t from twitiots for not being RoboPrincess.
    Anyway, very proud of her for 3 strong skates. Go kick butt at Worlds.

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast