Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ashley will be skating the short program at around 3:17 PM EST at TEB today! She's last in the start list.

vCash
    Ashley got Level 4's on all of her spins and her footwork along with landing all of her jumps. She leads by 6 points after the SP!

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...bompard-day-1/

vCash
    Good news for Ashley!

The toe was obviously < after the flip where she slipped on the take-off, but the rest of the program was consistently good. Spins were level 4 as stated but they were sure slow. Hoping she'll improve them as the season progresses. Good luck tomorrow Ashley!

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Ashley got Level 4's on all of her spins and her footwork along with landing all of her jumps. She leads by 6 points after the SP!

Wow, it's a pretty embarrassing oversight that usfsa.org has a profile on Ashley Wagner that states she qualified for the Grand Prix Final for the first time last season when in fact she also qualified to the GPF in 2009 and finished 4th. Source: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013%20...rd%20notes.pdf

vCash

Yay Ashley hopefully she can keep this and skate her R&J better than she did at SA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Wow, it's a pretty embarrassing oversight that usfsa.org has a profile on Ashley Wagner that states she qualified for the Grand Prix Final for the first time last season when in fact she also qualified to the GPF in 2009 and finished 4th. Source: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013%20...rd%20notes.pdf
    Definitely an embarrassing oversight, which will hopefully be corrected in their profile.

vCash
    Great SP from Ashley last night! What a fighter she is. She just went out there and didn't hesitate on anything. Love her grit. Her jumps look so strong & solid. Too bad about the 3T being underrotated, but I think it will continue to improve.

I thought her interpretation of the program was much stronger than Skate America. She seemed more comfortable, with better timing to the music. I like this music & style on Ashley, I think it works for her. The first time I saw it, I wasn't sure, as I found myself visualizing Shae-Lynn skating to it, as opposed to watching Ashley herself. This time, though, I didn't feel that way. To me, the package works well for Ashley.

Spin speed definitely needs work, though. I know Ashley's spins have never been a big strength of hers, but she just needs to get them to the point where they're not a noticeable weakness.

vCash
    My goddaughters (aged 5 and 7) declared Ashley their favorite lady, after I told them that she was my favorite. It's nice to have influence with the younger generation.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    So happy for Ashley--her 2nd title in Paris! Hoping to see the kinks worked out as the season progresses. But isn't it very impressive that a flawed Ashley still came out ahead? I have no doubts she will put all her efforts in being at her best come Nationals (and the Olympics, )
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I thought her FS was much improved here from SA (program-wise). I didn't like the changes to the Choreo sequence, I wish she'd do a beautiful arabesque spiral then have the rest all the same as it was at Skate America.

Her footwork here in the FS was out of this world. That is definitely the shining moment of the program, what a difference from SA. And the jumps looked great! Too bad about the two-footed flip but she really attacked and popped a great triple toe on the end of it. And too bad about the flip at the end of the program too, that was a good 4.5-5 point loss by my count.

Does anyone wish she'd hold her landings out a little bit more? They seem too rushed for me, especially for a program which is so refined otherwise.

vCash
    I have a great feeling about Ashley this year. I sense she is building toward the end of the season and not peaking too early like last season. She is my early pick for the bronze at the Games.

vCash
    She's doing great - steadily working at her programs with her eye on another National title and a trip to Olympics. Would love to see her on the podium there. Not likely to be gold but you never know.

vCash
    I agree Ashley is very focused and radiant so far this year. I feel her technique and command on the ice have really improved, my pick for bronze as well. Her PCS should've been higher in Paris IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    And too bad about the flip at the end of the program too, that was a good 4.5-5 point loss by my count.
    Generally doing the 3 jump combo last isn't that smart strategically anyway.

I think this could work:

3flip3toe
    2axel - 2axel
    3sal
    -
    3loop2toe2loop
    3lutz
    3loop
    3flip

This way if she misses the loop combo she will still have another chance to at least tag a 2toe after the second loop (or the lutz or flip if she totally popped it).

vCash
    I would think it would be better to keep the 3Lo +2A, and then put the 3 jump combo on the second loop (not as though she has much in terms of choreo between that element and the last flip anyway). Then if that doesn't pan out she can throw the combo onto the flip.

Personally, if I were choreographing I would keep the program the same until the second 3Lo then I would have a new choreo sequence featuring an arabesque spiral and some other interesting turns, maybe another spread eagle or something too. From there I would go into the layback, followed by dramatic skating into the last flip which would now be situated at a place in the music that is building in drama (ala Kwan Red Violin). I would finish the program off with the same split jump to combo spin and end it the same.

To me the program at least needs the last jump to be on some sort of highlight to give max effect at the end. Plus the program after the second loop is bland anyway, until the split jump at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Generally doing the 3 jump combo last isn't that smart strategically anyway.

I think this could work:

3flip3toe
    2axel - 2axel
    3sal
    -
    3loop2toe2loop
    3lutz
    3loop
    3flip

This way if she misses the loop combo she will still have another chance to at least tag a 2toe after the second loop (or the lutz or flip if she totally popped it).
    I like your plan a lot. She is having trouble skating the current layout clean. I think that is a better one.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GXYP...e_gdata_player

Came across this Ashley commercial, featuring a cameo from Adam Rippon

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Love this! Thanks. She is so genuine and likable.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I love this! Thanx for sharing it, bronwynsings.

vCash

Thanks! Here's the sponsorship page that goes with the video: http://www.athighmark.com/TeamUSA/index.shtml
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast