Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    PML That was great.

vCash
    What a great episode. I'm loving this season (well, since Colton left anyway )

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I now want Caleb to win the whole damn thing! SOOOO Sweet! Now, if Candace whoops his ass on redemption island, and John stays in it as well, life will be beautiful!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The only downside was the sneak preview of next week's episode when Caleb apparently turns into Brad 2.0.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    that was pretty awesome

I was heartbroken that Merissa lost the RI challenge, though. Would much rather have had John go home and Candice and Merissa could've continued their streak.

Monica's face freaks me out. So much plastic surgery!

Poor Ciera cannot catch a break in these challenges I did wish someone would've corrected Jeff, as that tribe had lost their lead prior to the puzzle starting.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just got back from a business trip to find that my pvr didn't not capture Survivor

Read the summary on CBS though - who turned on Brad in the second vote - Hayden or Vytas?

On BB fans often talk about how as the game nears the end we'd rather they had cameras in the jury house as that's where all the action is, and now for once on Survivor I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing RI next week!

vCash
    Hayden struggled with what to do ... scratching out names a couple of times. In the end it was Vytas who turned on Brad.

vCash
    I totally didn't understand that tie break procedure. I mean it worked out because someone flipped, but in generally you can't have 4 people whose votes were split to break a tie. Having Brad and (girl whose name I don't know) sit out the vote didn't really do anything, because their votes were clearly for each other.

What if no one changed? Do they just keep voting until someone does? (And then what if two people flip and it ties again...)

Is there some actual tie break available or do they just keep voting?

vCash
    They'll either go to picking purple rocks or building a fire challenge.
    * Ice-dance.com *

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I totally didn't understand that tie break procedure. I mean it worked out because someone flipped, but in generally you can't have 4 people whose votes were split to break a tie. Having Brad and (girl whose name I don't know) sit out the vote didn't really do anything, because their votes were clearly for each other.

What if no one changed? Do they just keep voting until someone does? (And then what if two people flip and it ties again...)

The ultimate tie breaker if there are more than five players is the rock draw, which has only come up once (I think), in Marqueses. They all fear the random drawing of the purple rock of doom, so someone has always switched ever since then.

Totally random aside: Aras made a CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/oddus3
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/10/su...bst-episode-4/

We do the vote and we have a tie. When we have a tie, we do one re-vote and the rules are that if nobody changes their vote and we remain tied, then the two people tied are now immune (yes, immune) and the rest of the tribe must draw rocks to see who goes home. The person who draws the odd rock is out. So it’s a massive move to “go to rocks” — you really have to feel it is your only way to last in the game, otherwise somebody is going to change their vote. We did the re-vote and the girls stayed with Caleb and voted Brad again — they were willing to draw rocks because they felt they had nothing to lose — but Vytas changed his vote sending Brad home and shattering the male alliance. Hayden had the heaviest head as he left tribal realizing that he just lost his entire alliance. Brad was out, Caleb had defected, and Vytas had caved. Even though Survivor is just a game and the stakes are only as big as you allow them to be, those kind of moments definitely excite the crew and you can see that it excites the players too — big moves are very fun.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Jeff is in awe of the Culpepper physiques:
    While we’re on the topic of Brad — can we just address the Culpepper bodies for a moment? How exactly do they do it? They both have beautiful, sculpted bodies that seem to defy gravity.
    well, in Monica's case, it's easy to understand why part of her defies gravity.

But seriously, after years and years of hardbody dudes playing the game, Brad Culpepper is the one who draws his eye?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I think Jeff gets paid every time he says "Culpepper."

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I think Jeff gets paid every time he says "Culpepper."
    Some of the posters on Survivor Sucks have a slightly different theory about what happens to Jeff when he says "Culpepper."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    How can he not know how silly he looks when he clearly has a mancrush on someone, and worse, that they are always the same type? This has been going on for years! Makes it all the more amusing that Cochrane insisted that he be called by his surname

vCash
    you really have to feel it is your only way to last in the game, otherwise somebody is going to change their vote.
    Man, this would sure suck if both one of the girls and one of the guys changed their vote and just got a new tie.

vCash
    Good article about sexism on Survivor.
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...lling-survivor

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Which was written by a woman who cheers for the alpha males even more than Jeff. And makes some rather arguments.

I think Survivor is a really sexist show, but IMO, this article doesn't do a particularly good job of showing why.

vCash
    .....and why hasn't he ever deigned to call a woman by her last name...the Survivor honorific??? Hmmm...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Interesting. I hadn't noticed that men refer to the women as "the girls" all that often. Usually I pick up on those things...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast